how you got your stang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Graduation gift
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Decided to trade in my pos '03 tiburon gt in for a real car my first mustang a brand new 08 mustang gt premium. Then traded that one in a week ago for a '13 gt premium.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13
Decided to trade in my pos '03 tiburon gt in for a real car my first mustang a brand new 08 mustang gt premium. Then traded that one in a week ago for a '13 gt premium.
Nice. You get the 13' yet?
DAG 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #39

Region: Illinois
Needed a new car after I wrecked my VW Beetle. My dad found it at a used car lot and a mini cooper. The mini was stick shift and I don't like to drive that so I chose the stang
Elfgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: how you got your stang

We are retired and had 2 cars. We only ever used one at a time as we go together every where. So we sold one. About 3 weeks later being bored decided to go test drive cars not to buy but just to test We went to several different dealers testing their cars until we ended up at the Ford dealer where we took a Fusion for a ride. When we returned parked beside a Mustang Vert. Next thing you know we are out on the highway top down 90 degrees outside doing about 75. I looked at my wife she was smiling I said we need one of these and she agreed. Immediately took next exit and headed back to the dealer to order one. As I went around that exit I said to the wife this makes me feel like a kid again. Check my plate..lol
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I was just driving past a local dealership and they were JUST putting it out on the lot. I almost slammed on my brakes and pulled in. The guys were putting it up on the ramp for display and I said don't bother I'm buying this car lol. Traded in my 2011 4x4 ford ranger signed the papers had to transfer everything from my truck (Was NOT planning on buying a car) the mustang was PACKED (sand bags, my tools, 2 extra wheels from an f-150) lol. And drove it home.

Best part of this story is I didn't tell my wife. She was pretty upset when I pulled up in it. But she's getting used to it. Shes Still scared to drive it tho!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2802206326.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	53331   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3253281611.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	574.6 KB
ID:	53332  

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
I was just driving past a local dealership and they were JUST putting it out on the lot. I almost slammed on my brakes and pulled in. The guys were putting it up on the ramp for display and I said don't bother I'm buying this car lol. Traded in my 2011 4x4 ford ranger signed the papers had to transfer everything from my truck (Was NOT planning on buying a car) the mustang was PACKED (sand bags, my tools, 2 extra wheels from an f-150) lol. And drove it home.

Best part of this story is I didn't tell my wife. She was pretty upset when I pulled up in it. But she's getting used to it. Shes Still scared to drive it tho!
How much did u get it for? What year 05-09?
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L

How much did u get it for? What year 05-09?
It's a 05 GT premium fully loaded. Had just under 30k miles. It was 18k but I got about 6k trade in for my truck so I financed about 11k on it. I've seen better deals but it was the perfect car for me and I've been looking for a long time. Always wanted a stang.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDAGIN
We are retired and had 2 cars. We only ever used one at a time as we go together every where. So we sold one. About 3 weeks later being bored decided to go test drive cars not to buy but just to test We went to several different dealers testing their cars until we ended up at the Ford dealer where we took a Fusion for a ride. When we returned parked beside a Mustang Vert. Next thing you know we are out on the highway top down 90 degrees outside doing about 75. I looked at my wife she was smiling I said we need one of these and she agreed. Immediately took next exit and headed back to the dealer to order one. As I went around that exit I said to the wife this makes me feel like a kid again. Check my plate..lol
Awesome story big boss. Never to late to be a kid again.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG 01

Nice. You get the 13' yet?
Yea I got it. She's two weeks old now.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #46
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Got my 87 GT stolen in 2008, I decided to drive a POS for a while until I found something I really wanted. Finally decided to buy a full size SUV cause I had never had one. Went to local Ford dealership and was test driving a Yukon and the salesman and I started talking about Mustangs. He mentioned that he had a Mach 1 in the showroom. When we finished the test drive, I took look at the car. OMG! I had to have it! We bought it and drive it home cause it was so dang beautiful.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Got my 87 GT stolen in 2008, I decided to drive a POS for a while until I found something I really wanted. Finally decided to buy a full size SUV cause I had never had one. Went to local Ford dealership and was test driving a Yukon and the salesman and I started talking about Mustangs. He mentioned that he had a Mach 1 in the showroom. When we finished the test drive, I took look at the car. OMG! I had to have it! We bought it and drive it home cause it was so dang beautiful.
Sexy car
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

Sexy car
Thanks!

That cars.com commercial had just came out when I bought the car, and that's exactly how it was...

"oh baby I want that car, WOOO"
Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Thanks!

That cars.com commercial had just came out when I bought the car, and that's exactly how it was...

"oh baby I want that car, WOOO"
Ill never get bored of that commercial lol
Old 06-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #50
Road Trip!

I bought mine after seeing it on cars.con
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #51

Region: North Carolina
I'd been looking for the perfect car for 4 years. finally one day while my husband was deployed I found the car on auto trader. it was 3 hours away but it had less than 100k miles on it and I couldn't pass it up. so my father in law drove my 4 mos preggo *** 3 hours, in my CRV to Atlanta the day after a huge snow storm.
when i got to the dealer and saw it sitting there with a sign that said "SOLD! Danielle Hancock" i cried. it was definitely in my top ten most memorable moments.
wrote a check and followed my father in law home in the stang with my 9 year old brother in law next to me. we definitely did not pull over 2 miles from my house to put the top down in 15 degree weather
mrshancock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshancock89
I'd been looking for the perfect car for 4 years. finally one day while my husband was deployed I found the car on auto trader. it was 3 hours away but it had less than 100k miles on it and I couldn't pass it up. so my father in law drove my 4 mos preggo *** 3 hours, in my CRV to Atlanta the day after a huge snow storm.
when i got to the dealer and saw it sitting there with a sign that said "SOLD! Danielle Hancock" i cried. it was definitely in my top ten most memorable moments.
wrote a check and followed my father in law home in the stang with my 9 year old brother in law next to me. we definitely did not pull over 2 miles from my house to put the top down in 15 degree weather
I love the color!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshancock89
Now that's love at first sight, (with the top down in fresh weather ;])
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Went with my brother to go look at this 90LX bc he wanted another mustang. We got up there he saw it and drove it and when they got back he got out and said I'm not interested in it are u? And I was like what? He said I don't want it do u want it? I said what's the catch? He said give me the keys to your old Toyota pick up and it's yours. I said is it quick he said it'll out run my GT as bad as I hate to say it. So I said deal So that's how I got my first mustang (it was ugly as hell at first but we cleaned the hell out of it) drove it home NASTY as hell and fell in love with it.
Maddhatter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Did homeschooling starting in 8th grade and worked my *** off so that I was done with high school at 16. Begged my parents for a car and one day we went out to eat and my dad surprised me by going to a dealership afterwards and looking at some. Salesman told us about a mustang that was getting detailed that was traded in the day before and they haven't even put it on the lot yet. My dad said lets look at we both fell in love with it right when we saw it. Didn't even test drive it before we signed the papers. Went to pick it up the next day after they put new tires on it. Fell in love with again right when I say in it and started it for the first time.
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan
Did homeschooling starting in 8th grade and worked my *** off so that I was done with high school at 16. Begged my parents for a car and one day we went out to eat and my dad surprised me by going to a dealership afterwards and looking at some. Salesman told us about a mustang that was getting detailed that was traded in the day before and they haven't even put it on the lot yet. My dad said lets look at we both fell in love with it right when we saw it. Didn't even test drive it before we signed the papers. Went to pick it up the next day after they put new tires on it. Fell in love with again right when I say in it and started it for the first time.
What year is it? A GT? I did the same thing you did. Homeschool and worked extra hard to graduate at 16 and I had a great internship I started at 14 worked as a head tech at staples for 2 years now I run my own business.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992

What year is it? A GT? I did the same thing you did. Homeschool and worked extra hard to graduate at 16 and I had a great internship I started at 14 worked as a head tech at staples for 2 years now I run my own business.
2008. Unfortunately it's a v6 due to outrageous insurance. I'm gonna make it have close to 400hp though. Yeah I'm trying to find a full time job now but it's so hard at 16 with almost no experience. I actually want to run my own business in the future too! What a coincidence!
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan

2008. Unfortunately it's a v6 due to outrageous insurance. I'm gonna make it have close to 400hp though. Yeah I'm trying to find a full time job now but it's so hard at 16 with almost no experience. I actually want to run my own business in the future too! What a coincidence!
That's awesome, you can make a v6 mustang pretty dang fast. I do all kinds of computer work so I have no trouble staying busy.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Uncle is a car dealer and got it for the wholesale price!!
Bballing0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #60

Region: Wisconsin
Wanted one since I was a kid and could finally afford one! Bought it a month ago and got custom pink stripes installed a week later!! Love the look now!!
pink07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink07
Wanted one since I was a kid and could finally afford one! Bought it a month ago and got custom pink stripes installed a week later!! Love the look now!!
Congratulations. Welcome to the club.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Really wanted one took me three weeks of nagging my wife to break her down
Thors5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thors5.0
Really wanted one took me three weeks of nagging my wife to break her down
My wife hates mine lol.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Afghanistan bought mine for me Hopefully they'll buy my procharger soon too
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Afghanistan bought mine for me Hopefully they'll buy my procharger soon too
Me to! My afghan deployment bought my 2013 gt for me to.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Sacrifice and lots of hard work got me my 2013 mustang I was able to save $22,000 in a year and I paid cash for it 2 months ago.I love love love it.one of the happiest days of my life when I drove off the lot in it.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Ordered it, 17 May 2010, took delivery on 3 July 2010.........the pic is delivery day.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09
Sacrifice and lots of hard work got me my 2013 mustang I was able to save $22,000 in a year and I paid cash for it 2 months ago.I love love love it.one of the happiest days of my life when I drove off the lot in it.
You deserve it.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford

You deserve it.
Thank you.I love it so much.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

My head is exploding with nostalgia right now, so sit down because this is a little lengthy. I worked hard to earn my Mustang, but I don't necessarily mean financially; after all, I had the money saved up. My challenge was more mental and personal than anything else. It was learning how to drive a stick. I didn't think I had it in me, but it was what I wanted. My cousin would sell his manual Mazda 3 soon, so I had limited time to practice. Day 1, he took me to an empty parking lot, and I drove around in circles, practicing my shifts. It miraculously only took me several stalls before I got the car into first.

Day 2, we got on an actual road around 3am. I drove while he told me what gears to shift to, and little by little, my shifting hand reacted faster than my brain. It was feeling more and more natural to me, but I was still terrified at the thought of driving on a busy road. It might sound silly to some of you, but I was ****ing scared.... BUT what scared me even more was the idea of never owning a Mustang. I wanted a 2012 manual GT, and I wanted it badly. I wanted to bring one home.

He sold the Mazda a few days later, and when all the paperwork was done, my salesperson at Ford finally handed me the keys. I took a deep breath, let the 5.0 Coyote roar to life, and drove off. My heart was pounding. I even left the stereo off so I could concentrate. After the first red light, I got into first gear just fine. Second light, I got into first again, but with tire squeal.

Third light, I stalled. The car behind me honked, and I panicked to the point where I ended up launching the stang the way it should be launched. I experienced the V8 roar, the acceleration, the torque, and I loved it! By the time I made it to my neighborhood, I knew this would only get easier from here on out. I parked the beast, and stared at him one more time before I stepped into the house. He's finally here, and he's all mine. My very own muscle car....

I brought my stang home.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar