Got a ticket - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Got a ticket

I talked to a friend last night who was ticketed on the same stretch of road, same time of day, by the same officer in the same car doing 62 in the 35. Ironic I said. When I asked him how he handled it he said he fought it, got the ticket changed to a littering ticket(don't ask me how this worked out), recieved no points but instead of his $180 fine he had to pay $350 for littering.

I would much rather this than the points.

Ticket is in the mail headed toward the magistrate's office. I plead not guilty. We will see if my plan works.

I am going to reschedule my courtdate when I get it to see if I can luck out and have the cop forget the case or atleast what happened Wednesday. Say I have a dentist appointment or something. Then I'm going to go in there and basically beg for mercy. I have to attend a mandatory hearing in which they will decide wether to revoke my license for 60 days or only 15 days. I'm not sure if this is a seperate hearing, but if it is hopefully I won't even have to attend it and end up with less points/fine.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
in jersey though, that will show up on your history forever. in fact, when my officers pull someone over, they always ask for the last few things in the driver's history.
Nice quote on the bottom of your sig...I agree that it will show up a while for him! I mean really he was going to way over. That fast on the highway one thing, in a residential zone...WAY EXCESSIVE!!!
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
I talked to a friend last night who was ticketed on the same stretch of road, same time of day, by the same officer in the same car doing 62 in the 35. Ironic I said. When I asked him how he handled it he said he fought it, got the ticket changed to a littering ticket(don't ask me how this worked out), recieved no points but instead of his $180 fine he had to pay $350 for littering.

I would much rather this than the points.

Ticket is in the mail headed toward the magistrate's office. I plead not guilty. We will see if my plan works.

I am going to reschedule my courtdate when I get it to see if I can luck out and have the cop forget the case or atleast what happened Wednesday. Say I have a dentist appointment or something. Then I'm going to go in there and basically beg for mercy. I have to attend a mandatory hearing in which they will decide wether to revoke my license for 60 days or only 15 days. I'm not sure if this is a seperate hearing, but if it is hopefully I won't even have to attend it and end up with less points/fine.

cept that you just posted your plan on a public forum....

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
cept that you just posted your plan on a public forum....
:police::idiot:
New Baby:
Old 01-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley11 View Post
Nice quote on the bottom of your sig...I agree that it will show up a while for him! I mean really he was going to way over. That fast on the highway one thing, in a residential zone...WAY EXCESSIVE!!!
For what its worth, PA 'residential' up near school, close to kiljosh is like one house every 10 miles, with tons of farmland in between, and on ANY road aside from this given one at this given day, the speed limit on such a road is 55 MPH (its 55 MPH in all non residential areas 'unless otherwise marked' I don't know the road specifically but I'll bet its marked merely to be a speed trap/cash cow there's 1-2 roads close to school here that are like that, not a soul in sight, maybe a cabin without even electricity going to it here or there but no residences even, straight and wide roads with 35 MPH speed limits and cops all over the place)

Just a thought

'residential' to this jurisdiction and residential in your mind are guaranteed two different things
Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
For what its worth, PA 'residential' up near school, close to kiljosh is like one house every 10 miles, with tons of farmland in between, and on ANY road aside from this given one at this given day, the speed limit on such a road is 55 MPH (its 55 MPH in all non residential areas 'unless otherwise marked' I don't know the road specifically but I'll bet its marked merely to be a speed trap/cash cow there's 1-2 roads close to school here that are like that, not a soul in sight, maybe a cabin without even electricity going to it here or there but no residences even, straight and wide roads with 35 MPH speed limits and cops all over the place)

Just a thought

'residential' to this jurisdiction and residential in your mind are guaranteed two different things

Yeah I hear you, I live in the rural south, home of the speeding trap...none the less 35 mph means 35 mph! I have had a good few many tickets! I think really he did get off light, but still it is easy to just pay the ticket and move on!
New Baby:
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

well I personally have been very lucky with tickets, BUT... my budy just got a probe GT and on our way home he decided to race some one in a old (late 80s) tbird. we won by a little. but we got pulled over later that day by a cop who was off duty at the time of race and was on duty then. he said he clocked us at 105 in a 25mph!!!! we got a warning!!!!! I thought I was walking home. now tell me this aint getting off easy!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Monte, that is exactly what this road is. Dead straight so they must have had speeding problems on it in the past and the limit is now 35. Should be 45 if you ask me.

I just got caught.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

That sucks darn watch lucky they didnt beat ya or put ya in the slammer.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar