happy memorial day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

happy memorial day

As you are eating, on the lake, or driving the stangs think about us ( Soldiers over seas) and if you see one today thank them. Esp keep in mind the ones that arent with us that gave up everything to make sure our freedom was defended so drink one for them too. I never really looked at Memorial Day for what it really was until I joined up, deployed to the middle east, and now im sitting here in the middle of no where on a awsome holiday like today.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: happy memorial day

Thanks for your service. I served 4 years and people really don't understand.
Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider View Post
Thanks for your service. I served 4 years and people really don't understand.
Thanks, and thank you for yours as well...and yes I agree most people dont understand until you deploy away from home and miss every holiday not being able to be with your family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thank you and the rest of my brothers and sisters and the ones that have the ultimate sacrifice. I just got back from afghanistan five months ago.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Thanks to the vets and active duty guys, me being one myself (afghanistan vet also) I hoped I would get the day off from work but here I sit, on the clock lol. When I'm at dinner tonight eating my steak ill being doing it for the guys/gals defending the country before me, the ones that were with me in 2009/10 and all the guys and gals since.

Semper Fi!!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
Thank you and the rest of my brothers and sisters and the ones that have the ultimate sacrifice. I just got back from afghanistan five months ago.
You welcome....you don't realize what you have when its all take away and your a thousand miles away from home and a simple phone makes your day. They read off the names of 6400 brothers and sisters that made the ultimate sacrifice today here were we are.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Thanks to the vets and active duty guys, me being one myself (afghanistan vet also) I hoped I would get the day off from work but here I sit, on the clock lol. When I'm at dinner tonight eating my steak ill being doing it for the guys/gals defending the country before me, the ones that were with me in 2009/10 and all the guys and gals since.

Semper Fi!!!
Hope it is a great one, what would I do for a GOOD ole steak dinner right now. But, I wouldnt go back if I could change anything because I like what I do here even if im a part timer ( national guard) Semper fi man....

Thanks for yall service as well and hope you have a good Memorial Day
Old 05-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

But, I wouldnt go back if I could change anything because I like what I do here even if im a part timer ( national guard) Semper fi man....
do not care that you're part time, still making the same sacrifice as the full timers.

Both of my brother are in the national guard and we have all 3 been deployed to combat zones. I miss them and worry about them all the same as if they were marines or navy or airforce or coast guard and I know your family feels the same.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
do not care that you're part time, still making the same sacrifice as the full timers.

Both of my brother are in the national guard and we have all 3 been deployed to combat zones. I miss them and worry about them all the same as if they were marines or navy or airforce or coast guard and I know your family feels the same.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks
Yeah you are right, I mean when I hear that we lost another person its like a piece of me goes with them. Yes, my mom nearly had a heart attack the day I told her we were headed to iraq. Your welcome
Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
As you are eating, on the lake, or driving the stangs think about us ( Soldiers over seas) and if you see one today thank them. Esp keep in mind the ones that arent with us that gave up everything to make sure our freedom was defended so drink one for them too. I never really looked at Memorial Day for what it really was until I joined up, deployed to the middle east, and now im sitting here in the middle of no where on a awsome holiday like today.
Thanks brother, I'm gona have to drink an extra one for you. God bless
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I'm a jack@$$ sometimes, other times I say goofy things that no one finds funny but me, but the one thing that I have nothing but respect for is the military and will do everything in my power to make sure that no one disrespects them

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

I'm a jack@$$ sometimes, other times I say goofy things that no one finds funny but me, but the one thing that I have nothing but respect for is the military and will do everything in my power to make sure that no one disrespects them
When I wore the uniform, we got spit on.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Semper Fi!!!
I'm at work too. Full time air guard. Working all night. I don't mind though. It's very quite on base on the holidays. I was actually off saturday and sunday so was able to hang out with my gf and family then. Had a nice 1 1/2 hour drive to base earlier which was great. Beautiful day here
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
You welcome, that same drink goes for the rest of the guys that are in here that have served. When my dad came back from Vietnam they got spit on too....but he kept his head high and pride higher because he did his part when those spitting on him were scared too.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:
I am the same way man, but when it comes to the military I will take a charge to keep people from disrepecting us. I really hate people that say they are in the service and then come find out they arent, had that happen on leave when I went home in jan.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I'm at work too. Full time air guard. Working all night. I don't mind though. It's very quite on base on the holidays. I was actually off saturday and sunday so was able to hang out with my gf and family then. Had a nice 1 1/2 hour drive to base earlier which was great. Beautiful day here
Wow you have a gravy job lol....you must be a MP....and I have missed ever holiday so far with my family is almost brings me to tears when I have to get off the phone with people back at home thats how close this deployment has brought me to my family,
Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The only good thing I have to say about Bush is that he sensored the news coming out, so they couldn't paint a black eye on our military.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
The only good thing I have to say about Bush is that he sensored the news coming out, so they couldn't paint a black eye on our military.
Yes I agree 100 precent.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Can you explain this?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

Can you explain this?
If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I happened to check my phone at 09:11 this morning, and I paused for a brief minute; I thought about all those people that lost their lives on that dreadful day. I also recalled the many selfless deeds young, and "seasoned" soldiers alike have done for our country, and the many that gave their lives for our country, sadly, way too soon. Your hard work, and dedication to the country does not go unnoticed, nor is it in vein! Without your service, and commitment we wouldn't be the "free world." Thank-You again for all you guys have done, and are currently doing! Freedom is not Free!

Please be safe out there, remember that Mustang eagerly awaits you to start moving those gears, as soon as you come back home.

I wish you all safe travels, and happy adventures! Thank-you again, and keep up the good work!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
Try me. I know much. I'm an infowarrior.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

Try me. I know much. I'm an infowarrior.
You did not see the innocent children blown to bits. Turning the American public against the soliders. They were there to do a job our government ordered them to do. Viet Nam was a different story, all you seen on the news was bloody children dying. Our soliders were spit on and called baby killers when they returned home . Bush sensored the news comming out to the public from seeing that. He hired mirsinarys aka private contractors to keep the death toll much lower than it really was, to keep public support up. I could go on for hours , but if you don't understand now you never will.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

And what the hell is an infowarrior
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

You did not see the innocent children blown to bits. Turning the American public against the soliders. They were there to do a job our government ordered them to do. Viet Nam was a different story, all you seen on the news was bloody children dying. Our soliders were spit on and called baby killers when they returned home . Bush sensored the news comming out to the public from seeing that. He hired mirsinarys aka private contractors to keep the death toll much lower than it really was, to keep public support up. I could go on for hours , but if you don't understand now you never will.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

And what the hell is an infowarrior
What?!?.... Where the he'll did you come up with this?!?.... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

What?!?.... Where the he'll did you come up with this?!?.... Lol
I pulled it out of my ***. Google it
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I happened to check my phone at 09:11 this morning, and I paused for a brief minute; I thought about all those people that lost their lives on that dreadful day. I also recalled the many selfless deeds young, and "seasoned" soldiers alike have done for our country, and the many that gave their lives for our country, sadly, way too soon. Your hard work, and dedication to the country does not go unnoticed, nor is it in vein! Without your service, and commitment we wouldn't be the "free world." Thank-You again for all you guys have done, and are currently doing! Freedom is not Free!

Please be safe out there, remember that Mustang eagerly awaits you to start moving those gears, as soon as you come back home.

I wish you all safe travels, and happy adventures! Thank-you again, and keep up the good work!
THanks for your thoughts and yes I cant wait to get home to try both of them.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I pulled it out of my ***. Google it
Dude you are a fool!.. Anybody can find any type of info they want on the Internet!.. But it doesn't make it true!.. So don't be stupid!..
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Post Re: happy memorial day

The only thing that has given us a bad image is the media showing stories of things when we screw up. Example, that SGT going on a rampage, burning of the caron, or etc instead of the good we have done. Its war and things are going to happen like that, war isnt perfect Vietnam was a different type of war in a different type of genaration and thats why our soldiers didnt get the correct home coming as we do today. Dont beleave what you see on the internet or media they dont always tell the TRUE facts , its more propaganda for that source to make you beleave them. People that were there know the truth facts of why things happen or what happen no the media or what you see on the internet, for example my dad. I can go on for ever with this have facts and stories to back me up that arent on the internet. Yes, I have seen pictures of children woman, non-combative people hurt and etc its call Collateral damage a picture is taken of kids, woman, etc and showed on the media and that gives a red flag of we did this on purpose and instead of the real true meaning. Then, people see this dont fully understand the true meaning of war or collateral damage and think we purposely harmed them.
At least one source claims that the term "collateral damage" originated as a euphemism during the Vietnam War and can refer to friendly fire, or the killing of non-combatants and the destruction of their property.[7]
Also during the 1991 Gulf War, the allied forces used the phrase 'collateral damage' to describe the killing of civilians in attacks on military targets. I can go on with this man but I dont want to write a book.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

All I was saying, or trying to say was. Bush did a good job of keeping collateral damage off the front page. Thanks to the brave men and women in our military, I have a rite to my opinion as do everyone else.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Dude you are a fool!.. Anybody can find any type of info they want on the Internet!.. But it doesn't make it true!.. So don't be stupid!..
Your stupid if you think there's not collateral in any war. Fool
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All I was saying, or trying to say was. Bush did a good job of keeping collateral damage off the front page. Thanks to the brave men and women in our military, I have a rite to my opinion as do everyone else.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Your stupid if you think there's not collateral in any war. Fool
Dude first off I was there with the 46th MP Co. back in '06!!... I know and have seen "Collateral Damage" with my own eyes!..

And as far as your comment about Bush keeping it off the front page!.. Clearly you don't remember much!.. As the media could not keep from taking any opportunity to try to bash him or the war!...

Your just another nut-job making claims without any hard proof to back it up!.. Like I said to you before, you can look up what ever you want on the Internet no matter how wrong the information is!.. He'll if I look hard enough I can find someone claiming my '04 GT is stock form will run low 12s!.. But it don't make true!..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar