AirSoft - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
AirSoft

Anyone Play?

just had a fun little airsoft day at my buddy's house. has a large field and a dense orange grove. setup some obstacles (using cardboard coil cores from work) and played some CTF. then went into the forest and played some last man standing.

im in pain. i havent moved around like this in years. im feeling muscles yelling at me that i didnt know even exist!

got to test out my sniper rifle, which was no match versus their electric machine gun (same accuracy but shot 10 more bb's to my one, even with bolt-action!) his electric machine gun was 50$ and my sniper rifle was 150$. needless to say, im kinda saddened by the in-effectiveness of my firearm. we started losing because the sniper rifle just couldnt cope against a team of fast moving guys with pistols and a rain of fire from a machine gun 50 yards away. finally i ditched the rifle and went back to my pistols and we started winning games again.

i think i might have found a new hobby. we are gonna try to do it once a month. next time gonna try to get some panel scraps from work and see about making some permanent machine-gun placements. with more cover areas it would be a bit more fun with machine guns, but with the coverage we had (mostly open areas) the machine gun was a god-weapon for any team using it.

goddamn my legs hurt. and im sunburn't. my pasty whiteness is now medium rare. gonna suck tomorrow morning!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: AirSoft

I haven't ever played airsoft. I used to play paintball semi-regularly. It's been forever and a day since I've played that, though.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

The first time me and my friends played Airsoft was back in his apartment. My friend had at least 5 airsoft pistols, all were spring guns, and i kept shooting his Desert Eagle at another friend of mine while he was playing on the computer. Eventually he went back and grabbed a spring pistol, then my brother went and grabbed one. Then it turned into this awesome midnight SWAT scenario.

2 of us would be in the living room and would setup furniture to barricade ourselves and give us cover from the other 2 guys on the "Swat Team" who were in the bed room and gave us 5 minutes to set up. They'd come in, we'd have a shoot out for at least 10-15 minutes and then we'd switch sides.

That was our first time we ever actually "Played" with our airsoft guns. After that we played at his apartment at least 4-5 times throughout the year, then we moved the game to our friend's backyard and had at least 10 games there, and then we moved it to our other friend's backyard that was the size of a ranch with hills and trees.

As time went by we also bought newer and better equipment. By the end of it most to all of us had an AEG or a gas pistol.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Also we created our own Hostage scenario.

One person was a gun man, another is their hostage. The rest of the team was the police, and one of them would eventually turn into a negotiator.

The rules changed a LOT only because the out come was always the same. Negotiator would put his gun away and come towards the gunman and the hostage, the gunman would have the gun pointed at the hostage, lots of talking would happen, and if he didn't get what he wanted the police would end up trying to shoot at the gunman without hitting the hostage.

We changed it though because it was getting old, the gunman would always lose at the end. Though he might get 2 kills, the negotiator and the hostage, it wasn't becoming as fun to play as the gunman. So we created new rules where the gunman would drag the hostage to a certain point and if he did, he won the game as if he escaped with the hostage.

We also had a sniper position for the police. The sniper had 1 shot and the game would really depend on if he hit the gunman or if he killed him. After he shot, he had to switch to his pistol.

I highly recommend this game to you guys and alter some rules if you want to change it up after awhile.

At one point we had 2 snipers playing, one on the police and one on the gunman's team. The sniper now had to deal with first FINDING the sniper, and trying to get a shot off at the gunman without getting sniped first.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

dam crazy ****!

we try to keep to spring pistols, maximum 20$ per gun, however if someone happens to bring other weapons, we will try to incorporate them into the game, IE if theres two electric machine guns, then each side will get one to even it all out. same with the sniper rifle, sure there wasnt a gun at the time (the machine gun guy didnt show up yet) so the team with the less players got the sniper rifle.

we try to keep it as cheap as possible so more people are willing to come if they only have to spend ~50$ (20$ pistol, 15$ goggles, ammo, extra clips, etc) as an initial buyin to see if they like it, rather than something like paintball which a starter package is like 150$ and youre out that if you hate playing the first round.

that sounds like a fun game but we like team vs team action, last team standing wins. however yesterday we only had 8 players (8 people dropped out friday morning when i got to work) so i think next time i will make an effort to make sure people dont forget. 16 people would be freaking insane.

we are also thinking about trying to go play in the snow. how freaking awesome would that be? one of the guys that had to drop out has a cabin up in the mountains with some land so we are gonna try to get up there one weekend. id go all-out for that ****, buy some white/grey camo, paint my sniper rifle white/grey and whatnot.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

paintball ftw...airsoft ftl
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

+1 !!!!!! Airsoft sucks .I tried it a few times didn't like it . We run a airsoft night at the paintball field I manage on the week ends. So I got to use a Tokyo Marui MP5SD5 Click image for larger version

Name:	tm_mp5sd5.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	18704 Just wasn't for me

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Snow airsoft sounds fun.

There used to be this indoor paintball field near my house that used to be an indoor ice skating ring. After the big Northridge Earthquake of '94, they shut it down and someone bought it, repaired it, and made it a paintball field.

It was pretty crummy, but eventually it was getting better and better. Instead of hay stacks they upgraded to the inflatable stuff and they began holding tourneys and business got crazy.

The owner saw an untapped market for airsoft users and he made the back area an airsoft section. It consisted of a a debriefing area, a very large bathroom area, a "warehouse" area, and a few other places which looked awesome and made me excited just thinking about playing there.

The police were already using it for different scenarios and I got to meet a few insane airsoft nuts who had enough airsoft weapons to fill a truck.

What happened to this place? The owner was a moron.

He kept expanding, he kept doing things, he wanted an internet cafe in there too so it had a LAN Party feel to it, plus paintball, plus airsoft, PLUS he wanted every Friday night to be Teen Dance Night where they'd clear the main floor and have a "Club Night" for teens.
THEN he wanted a BMX bike and skateboard section added on to this place.

One day we went to visit the place and possibly look for work there, but we discovered the place was closed. We later found out the idiot never paid taxes on his business or anything else so they closed the place.

What happened to it now? Totally demolished and a warehouse now stands where that small bit of heaven used to stand. It really sucked, and I really miss that place. I had a lot of fun at that place.

What was really cool about it was since it used to be an Ice Rink, there was a "bar" area where people could sit and eat while they watch the skaters. But since the field was out there now, people could sit in this area and watch people play against each other in paintball. It was a really cool idea, and I really ****ing hate this guy for ruining something with so much potential.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar