Calling all gamers - Page 52 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #1786
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I was at about 30 20 now I hover around 65 60. I have seen it hit 85 though
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #1787
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You likely had a bad cable then because cat5 supports that no problem. You have a gigabit router to even take advantage of the 6e cables? Like I said I routinely test 60/60 with FIOS and I've got regular old store bought cat5.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #1788
Registered Member

Regular

Not yet but I will. I was planning on getting a dual band one soon. The chord I had was old and crappy. It also didn't help that it was next to a microwave and behind a fireplace and fish tank I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #1789
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol yeah, those little twisted pairs in there can break pretty easy. I'm constantly putting new ends on cables at work for dip****s who think they can mash furniture up against them without the wires or plastic ends breaking.

And dual band will not speed up the LAN, just the wifi depending on how much interference there is on the 2.4ghz band. Most people are on whatever router got provided to them with their service and almost all are on 2.4ghz so if you are in a cluster of houses or an apt complex you can get a lot of slowdown.

I've got a dual band ASUS router which kicks all sorts of *** as far as routers go. The 5.0ghz band is WIDE open and I maintain 50-60mpbs throughout the house while the same router's 2.4ghz band is like 10-15mbps. That much of a difference.

This guy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pretty makes it pointless to use LAN cables anymore. My desktops both have wifi cards from my last house that had crappy cable outlet placement and there is zero difference between wired and wifi with this router on 5.0ghz even in different rooms from the router.

It is a good idea for ppl with the Xbox One to have a dual band router on 5.0ghz as well if you are worried about your ping/lag in games. PS4 people... sorry Sony only gave it 2.4ghz...

edit: Also since I have T-Mobile I got that router for free. Its the router they use for their wifi cellspot so if you have them as a carrier, give them a call and see what they'll do for you even if you aren't a new customer. Or switch to them from whoever you have. They're still buying out contracts/ETFs and offering unlimited everything for $40/line.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #1790
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah I have apartments next to me so I experience lag on my one. Figured the 5 ghz would be wide open
Old 08-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #1791
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm glad I don't have to deal with the wifi crap for my PC and Xbox. I hardlined them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #1792
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Yeah I have apartments next to me so I experience lag on my one. Figured the 5 ghz would be wide open
It is. You'll go from meh wifi speeds to speeds just like you are plugged in with a LAN cable. Everyone on base housing complains how their wifi sucks. It doesn't suck, they just suck at technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I'm glad I don't have to deal with the wifi crap for my PC and Xbox. I hardlined them both.

That is so 2003 lol. Pretty much everything that is coming out now is dual band. Except the PS4 for some reason... no idea. That alone is enough of a reason for me to pick the XB1, I don't feel like having to worry about hardlining the stupid thing.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #1793
Staff
Regular
Staff

As for gaming, I just picked up Borderlands 2 GOTY, Civ5 and Bioshock Infinite for $28. If that isn't a good gaming deal I dunno what is. I am going to wait on some reviews of the Steam box and Steam controller and maybe get them in a few months once the bugs are worked out.

Streaming my controller style games from my PC to my big screen on the couch? Yes please. Not to mention the Win10/Xbox One compatibility is going to make it REALLY tough for Sony to compete anymore. They had a good run... After what a meh PS2 did to the Dreamcast tho... karma in action.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #1794
Registered Member

Regular

Damn good deal. Has anyone played BF hardline?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #1795
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Damn good deal. Has anyone played BF hardline?
Yea it sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #1796
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Well maybe all of these registry errors had something to do with my problems
I know you wiped your system but for future reference, Reg Cure Pro is malware.

PUA.RegCurePro Technical Details | Symantec
Old 08-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #1797
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
It is. You'll go from meh wifi speeds to speeds just like you are plugged in with a LAN cable. Everyone on base housing complains how their wifi sucks. It doesn't suck, they just suck at technology.

That is so 2003 lol. Pretty much everything that is coming out now is dual band. Except the PS4 for some reason... no idea. That alone is enough of a reason for me to pick the XB1, I don't feel like having to worry about hardlining the stupid thing.

I guess. Wifi can't do 1gb.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #1798
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Wireless AC is capable of 1733 mbps ... realistically, you can/will see speeds of up to 1.5 gbps.

That is assuming both your router and wireless card can support such numbers. This also only happens on a 5Ghz frequency.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #1799
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I know you wiped your system but for future reference, Reg Cure Pro is malware.

PUA.RegCurePro Technical Details | Symantec
All those "omg cure your system" programs are malware. If one is having errors like that and its been awhile since a fresh wipe of the system, its a good idea.

Quote:

When in the world would you need transfer rates that fast? And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Wireless AC is capable of 1733 mbps ... realistically, you can/will see speeds of up to 1.5 gbps.

That is assuming both your router and wireless card can support such numbers. This also only happens on a 5Ghz frequency.
Yep, wireless is getting to the point I'm not sure we are going to be seeing cables much in homes too much anymore. I know in my last house only my PC was wired in. Other desktops and laptop were all on the wireless and just fine.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #1800
Registered Member

Regular

I only hardwired my Xbox because it is a foot from my router so might as well.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #1801
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lolz yeah both of my PCs upstairs are because they are in the same room so that is where I put the router and all the cords are hidden. Everything else is on teh wifis tho.

Did a bunch of playing of Borderlands 2 last night. Its a pretty cool game and funny but it seems... a little like it is trying too hard I guess. Might fire up Bioshock today and see how that is.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar