Tell me about yourself - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Tell me about yourself

Mustang is a great community, however we are all great people with a story. I found joining mustang clubs and forums was much more than just talking about cars but it became great networkign. So in this forum tell me about yourself:

1. Name, State
2. What do you do for a living
3. Misc info
4. What's your mustang journey (how did you come to love them and what made you purchase one)

I'll begin..

My name is Ryan, from NJ, I served in the Marines from 2001-2007 finished my MBA and now work for a major Fortune 100 in Financial Services in NY. I've always loved Mustangs since I was a kid and I always wanted to own one. I'm a prudent spender so I decided to purchase the 2001 V6 as a daily driver which gives me enough power and the fuel efficency to be "just right." Since then, I've been waived down and invited to attend many events and meets which became a new lifestyle, hobby, and networking opportunity.
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Tell me about yourself

Gregg
Originally from PA, but live in Myrtle Beach,SC (since 1981 when Dad retired from steel industry)
one of those Jack of all and master of none with all the jobs i've had....but became a volunteer firefighter in 1994...went career in 2005. Wanted to go Air force in 1988 but they wouldn't take me with asthma...yet I can fight fire...go figure.....
Fell in love with the Mustang at an early age and cars in general (Dad was a big 'car' guy). Mom had a 64 1/2 as her first new car..and always got taken to local car shows at early age and would up in the Ford/Mustang section. First car was a Ford (1979 T Bird with t-tops) and the Ford love grew..but really wanted a 87-88 GT(couldnt afford a new one..). Finally got a used 1978 Mustang 2 as car #5 with 4 cyl, 4 speed, and hatchback...and I was off and running......now driving #7. Still looking for a 66-67 fastback to restore.....sigh (preferably 6 cyl with 4 speed..LOL).
Figure my next used toy purchase will be a 2000-04 convertible with 6 or 8 cyl and 5 speed once the corolla is paid off......(or a great deal on a used GT500 2008-2010 ..evil laugh)

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Keepin it simple
1)Coty,19, Alexander City, AL
2) real estate, changing to custom cabinet making or Alabama power lineman.
3) I'm a drummer in a band. We play hardcore and I'm a typical teenager. Except I wake up at 6:30 every morning like a sophisticated adult to make that money. Im on all the social networking sites js don't mind the add. My garage is bigger than my house and that's what everyone in town notices about my place. Kinda cool
4) I used to be into 350z but my buddy had a 64 stang in high school and I wanted a mustang because we were friends. I had an 02 manual in red( I'll upload sometime) and I had it from 15-18 years old. Had two wrecks in it. Both rear Enders and it was a modded v6, loud little sucker lol, I then traded it in on my 2011 boss 227. My next car I'll buy is a legit boss and use it for a DD. they need to be driven not stared at. Or a 2013 ghig manual for my gf, been with her since freshman year. That's about it

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
Keepin it simple
1)Coty,19, Alexander City, AL
2) real estate, changing to custom cabinet making or Alabama power lineman.
3) I'm a drummer in a band. We play hardcore and I'm a typical teenager. Except I wake up at 6:30 every morning like a sophisticated adult to make that money. Im on all the social networking sites js don't mind the add. My garage is bigger than my house and that's what everyone in town notices about my place. Kinda cool
4) I used to be into 350z but my buddy had a 64 stang in high school and I wanted a mustang because we were friends. I had an 02 manual in red( I'll upload sometime) and I had it from 15-18 years old. Had two wrecks in it. Both rear Enders and it was a modded v6, loud little sucker lol, I then traded it in on my 2011 boss 227. My next car I'll buy is a legit boss and use it for a DD. they need to be driven not stared at. Or a 2013 ghig manual for my gf, been with her since freshman year. That's about it
Also we are huge car people on my dads side. My mother drives a new camaro and he drives a 72 or 71 Chevelle mostly. Cars shows mostly all my life and I can take apart a Chevy engine easy
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
1) Racheel I'm 24 and I live Austin,tx
2) I'm a nursing student and I work for a local hospital.
3) I've wanted a mustang since I was 16,I just love the way they look.when my husband was alive he a car fanatic.his favorite car was a 69 camaro.all he talked about was cars so that also was kinda the reason I got a mustang,he made me want to learn more about cars.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

The name is Ashley, from Texas and will be loyal to it until the day I die. Currently I live in Germany though. I am active duty military. Serving in the good ole Army. I love everyday of it. I love to travel so being over here in Europe is great! I just had my ankle reconstucted from an old football injury. Its been a BRUTAL recovery process im only 11 weeks post-op. Thank goodness i can finally drive again! Next week ill be going to do a 100 mile foot march in the netherlands. so wish me luck! And finally...I have always wanted a mustang more specifically i wanted one with hot pink rally stripes and a stick shift. After my last car was totaled i bought a little p.o.s. to learn to drive manual, then went and picked out my car and next month shes getting painted. Living the Dream! =]
ashpow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Great stories guys. Racheel, I'm sorry for your loss. It's sounds like he had a strong impact on you. There's nothing quite like the women and their machines. Especially when it's a mustang.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
1. Hey guys, my name is Jake, Im 18 I live in Bristow Oklahoma.

2. I just graduated highschool this year and starting college in about 2 months. Im going to be a High Voltage Lineman. I plan on working my *** of to become a foreman or supervisor and ill be set!!

4. My first vehicle was a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, i liked it but it sucked on gas, so i talked my way into getting a 2007 Mustang GT!! I have two jobs currently to help pay for the car and do mods to it!! I plan on keeping this car for a long time and making it bad ***!!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
1)Josh, 17 years old, from Richmond VA
2)I work at the local Grocery store, Martin's, and do a little of everything 30-40 hours a week. I am also still in school at an Engineering Specialty Center and excited to graduate next year.
3)I plan on going the college for business at either VA Tech, Longwood, or UNC Charlotte. I really want to own custom stereo, engine and suspension shop. I've got friends with aspirations to work at a shop like that, so here's to hope.
4) I'm not exactly a Ford person, just like any good performance car. I grew up in the Raleigh NC area and my dad was constantly flipping Corvettes, Fox Bodies, and F-Bodies, so I have a large base of cars to like. My first car I bought when I was 14 and was a 93 LX as a project with the license plate 4BANGR. I realized that the problems were over my head at the time so I sold it. I then bought a 2001 Monte Carlo SS Limited Edition, ran great but the tranny was on its way out, then right after that I bought a 99 Camaro V6 and drove that for a year until I turned 17. I never had any problems with it except that I wanted a V8, so I bought this 97 GT with 84,000 miles and haven't regretted a thing. I still have the Camaro, but am looking at selling it here soon because I need the money for mods and to put back into savings.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Names Walter,, Hello. I live in Las Cruces NM. Lived here for 19 years ={„ I was born in Phoenix AZ lived there for about a year then moved a little till we landed in ghettoville. I work as a community support staff, assisting people with disabilities. Uh im 21 dont do much just cruise on Fridays from time to time. My babes a 99 Cobra, she's my first mustang. I fell in love with stangs ever since my brother had one. I was about 10-11 so quite some time to be in love. Started to doubt having one cause too common but still wanted one. A must be was that is was an 8. Found my girl and fell in love with her venomous side. I've had her since November. She came modded which was kinda sad but money saving in a way. She also came bottle fed ready.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Dan here,from Austin TX (originally from IL)

Work for Keg1 Central Texas as a Division Sales Manager. We are a Miller house primarily but we also distribute a ton of craft/microbrews. Next January will be 15yrs on the job.

Getting ready to turn 38 next month and have a 4yr old son (Frankie) who is a car nut like his pops. I work a busy schedule so my weekdays are usually spent at home with a occasional night out on the town with "The Mistress" aka 2011 5.0

I think we were all bottle fed motor oil as babies because the whole family is car crazy from my grandfather who owned his own dealership for 30yrs to my Uncles who build cars and my 5 cousins who race the redneck dirt track stock cars. A drive shaft ripping off my cousins arm 2 yrs ago couldn't even stop him from being a car nut. I'm on Mustang #5 currently and owning everything from a 97 V6,99 Cobra,05 & 07 GTs and now a 2011 5.0 I will have to say "The Mistress" is my favorite to date. I recently parted ways with my 1st car which I owned for 18yrs and I know one day she will come back home.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
My name is Andy, I am originally from St.Louis, Missouri. My dad got transferred to Atlanta in '95; and I've lived here ever since.

I am a student first and foremost. I should have my A.A. degree in Journalism this fall!

When I am not a student, I sell corporate logo wear and promo products for Atlanta Logo Wear. A lot of people wrongly call it "swag" you know the free stuff that you get at trade shows and car shows.

In addition to doing that I run my own pet-sitting business, and work at Sports Authority. I'm also a contributing writer to Mustang Evolution.

I love cars, and ever since I could walk I always had keys in my hand. I think my uncle got me interested in cars he has had 30 at least. As a kid I wanted to be a doctor, but there was no way in hell I could get into Medschool. My interests changed when I met the owner of a very large G.M dealer.

My Mustang story, well I had some interest in the car prior to owning one. However, the 05 caught my eye and it was love sight. My old car was dying of a massive internal oil leak, so it was time say farewell. In 2008 I became the proud owner of a new Mustang. I'm a huge Ford Fan! I do like GM and Chrysler a little, but I'd be perfectly if I never drove one again.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

My name is Tyler and I'm from O'Fallon Il (born in the great state of Texas!). I am currently a nursing student at Southeast Missouri State University. My dad is a nurse and also went to the same school to get his degree, so I am basically following in his footsteps.

After college I am wanting to move down to Florida so I can be somewhere with warmer weather. My love for mustangs started when I was young and I liked the looks of mustangs. At the end of my senior year my parents got me an '06 mustang for my hard work in HS. That was my baby until this past January when my dad totaled it in a snow storm (he was OK). Then a few months later I got into the mustang I have now an '04 GT. The new edge mustang was my dream car when I was younger so when I saw it I knew I had to have it.
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Let's see....

My name's Ayesha (pronounced like "Aisha.") Born in Pakistan, but raised in Virginia. I've lived there practically all my life. I've switched jobs just two weeks ago, from a data entry operator to an office manager at a home health care agency. My dad is a physical therapist who also works there, so I like the idea of making his life a little easier, and supporting him from the office whenever I can. I've been somewhat of a car enthusiast since I was a teenager. For the Mustang in particular, it was love at first sight, especially because the V8 was within my price range. Sure, maybe it's not as luxurious as European cars, but the leather bucket seats, and the engine's raw power is really all I need. Yeah, I'm not spoiled

Aside from cars, I enjoy creative writing, video gaming, cats, and death metal music I also love collecting dresses, no thanks to my online shopping sprees.... I really should try saving a little more money.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Well my name is Bill i live in Dubois pa. Iam 31 years old with 4 kids who live with me. Well I've lived in this area all my life sofar but would like to move out of pa when my kids are older. I've loved mustangs since I was a kid. They were just the coolest thing to me. First car was a 1979 cobra hatchback which I still have. I does need a restore bad so that will be a project for me and my boy. I've had a few stang but added my 07 gt this spring to the family lol. I work at a sand and gravel pit running heavy equipment been doing it for seven years. But someday hope to have my own garage restoring and fixing all kinds of vehicles more like a speed shop. For now my dads 50×40 garage with hoist and all the tools you need work. Well Thats a little about me
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hey guys my names Jesse and I live in Antioch, California. I'm 39 years old and have four sons. I'm a janitor at an elementary school I've been doing custodial work for about 17 years I've also done all phases of construction,auto mechanics, lanscaping, pool operations, and restaraunt management.
Found out not long ago that my grandfather met my grandmother at the Ford plant in Kentucky and his grandfather actually was 1 of Ford's original assembly line workers., which explains my utter devotion to the brand.
Got my 67 Mustang for my 18th birthday it was in need of work so spent about the next 2 years restoring it only to have it stolen about a month later. ( Hadn't got insurance yet because at that time it wasn't even required to have...1991). Ended up getting a 72granTorinoSport (stang's fat older sister) a few years later with a 351clvlnd and that was my DD for many years. Sold that to a guy in Germany a few years ago after aquiring my 70 Torino.
1 divorce, 20years and cars later (2011), found my 04gt at a car dealer near my house. Happens to be white just like my original Mustang and it appears that I have finally been reunited with my whitemustang, only its 40 years newer.
Currently dreaming of a newer 5.0
Happy to have found this forum and looking to join our local Mustang club soon.
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB
Mustang is a great community, however we are all great people with a story. I found joining mustang clubs and forums was much more than just talking about cars but it became great networkign. So in this forum tell me about yourself:

1. Name, State
2. What do you do for a living
3. Misc info
4. What's your mustang journey (how did you come to love them and what made you purchase one)
Savannah
I work for Desert Auto Glass and build custom cars. Im a freshman at Arizona State University and LOVIN IT! party all day, party all night. Never want to leave college. Im obsessed with free world RPG games (skyrim, Zelda, midnight club, ect)
I love Reddit, and imgur. I hate cats, but I meow. I do extreme sports, always ready for a challenge and always looking for an adrenaline rush. always living close to death. I love theoretical quantum physics and Dante. Strawberry blonde, blue grey eyed girl. I model, make art and love. I enjoy a chill day hanging out with my favorite bros whether it be a game of pool, pulling pranks on people, or workin on my beasts. Dream job is to run a customs company that specializes in experimental work which we master then sell to major companies. I'm always bringing something new to the table. I guess you could say I'm loud, I'm definitely random as all hell. I can speak latin, and I want to learn Dov (I know shut up). My biggest fear is missing out on life or rather not getting to experience everything it has to offer. I love traveling I will do anything to see the world. I have the best man on the freaking planet! My car story is very long, but I was looking for a Titan when my dad offered to buy me a Mustang and my heart exploded with excitement, I never thought he would do such a thing for me. I would tell the rest but it's so long I'm afraid I'll freeze ME lol. (And RedWolf was my first Mustang( 2004 3.9L redfire) JetWolf is my second( 2006 4.0L murdered PP)) How I got a lot of my experience is from working on cars and helping/watching shops. I was so obsessed with it, my absolute passion there was nothing else I wanted to do. Don't eat don't sleep till it's finished. The greatest joy in my life is coming home covered in dirt, grease, and oil. hearing that engine roar... mmm... I spend all of my weekends at shows and shops, throeing cruises or meetups. I love my life and there is not one I would trade for it. favorite verses are Jeremiah 47:3 and romans 9:19-25ish. I dont have any favorite songs because i love em all. if any of y'all are ever in AZ, hit me up and you'll have the time of your life! I have so much more to say, but I'll cut it off for now.

TL;DR= I'm awesome.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpow24
The name is Ashley, from Texas and will be loyal to it until the day I die. Currently I live in Germany though. I am active duty military. Serving in the good ole Army. I love everyday of it. I love to travel so being over here in Europe is great! I just had my ankle reconstucted from an old football injury. Its been a BRUTAL recovery process im only 11 weeks post-op. Thank goodness i can finally drive again! Next week ill be going to do a 100 mile foot march in the netherlands. so wish me luck! And finally...I have always wanted a mustang more specifically i wanted one with hot pink rally stripes and a stick shift. After my last car was totaled i bought a little p.o.s. to learn to drive manual, then went and picked out my car and next month shes getting painted. Living the Dream! =]
Awesome. Hats off too all of you protecting our rights to smoke some tires and raise a little hell!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Matt here from Illinois. Spent four years in the USAF where I got to play with F15's and B52's. When I got out in 1997 I began working for a class 1 RR and still work a happy 90 hours a week. Met my wife (who is even more a mustang fanatic than me) and we have 6 children. I grew up on the drag strip with my dad and we raced a 69 vw bug with an LS6 putting about 700 to the wheels. Had a 70 nova with 383 stroker and a healthy shot of giggle gas for a little while and a 71 maverick as well. Mustangs are about as iconic as they come in the mistake car world and I have always wanted one. Kids are finally old enough now and my wife and I decided a nice ROUSH would suit us just fine. Absolutely love the car and love the way my girl looks driving her through town. Next on the bucket list is her dream car...a 1966 couple blue on black.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

Awesome. Hats off too all of you protecting our rights to smoke some tires and raise a little hell!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Matt here from Illinois. Spent four years in the USAF where I got to play with F15's and B52's. When I got out in 1997 I began working for a class 1 RR and still work a happy 90 hours a week. Met my wife (who is even more a mustang fanatic than me) and we have 6 children. I grew up on the drag strip with my dad and we raced a 69 vw bug with an LS6 putting about 700 to the wheels. Had a 70 nova with 383 stroker and a healthy shot of giggle gas for a little while and a 71 maverick as well. Mustangs are about as iconic as they come in the mistake car world and I have always wanted one. Kids are finally old enough now and my wife and I decided a nice ROUSH would suit us just fine. Absolutely love the car and love the way my girl looks driving her through town. Next on the bucket list is her dream car...a 1966 couple blue on black.
Muscle car world folks muscle car....not mistake car. I hate auto correct.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Name is Amie
I have an 04 sonic blue v6
I blog for AmericanMuscle, StangTv, here and a few other sites. Also doing freelance work for Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
I live in St. Augustine FL

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to MACh237 Send a message via Skype™ to MACh237

Name is Dom
From Québec, Canada
Director in a boat shop.. Selling Boats, driving Boats, Repair Boats, and selling Boats Parts!

I bought my 04 V6 last month... it`s my first Mustang ever... I fall in love with muscle cars since i`m a teenager. I got a couple of GM (S-10, Blazer, Camaro,).. But since 2 years i was driving my daily drive VW with the 2.0 Slow (115hp) and it was bored.. So one night, i saw my car for sale on internet for a nice deal: 5999$ for an 40th 2004 fully equip with only 109 000km on it! So i bargain it to 5500$ and i got it!

Since i got the car, i start to work on her.. change the exhaust from front to back, tinted windows, got a great deal on GT Bumpers but the best of all... i got a girlfriend with this car! lolll

When a purschase my car, i subscribe on my local Mustang Club and my girlfriend was already a member there... (She bought her 05 Mustang GT 2 weeks before i bought mine). So we meet each others one night and since where togheter!

I freaking love her... first time a got a girlfriend whos love cars!!!!

So theres my story!

BTW: Sorry for my poor english.. i`m naturally french.. but i try to make my best!

Best Regards!
- 2012 Aldo Beel Leather Shoes (Daily Ride)
MACh237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
What's up guys, my name is Zack, lives in Philly PA, (Go Eagles/Steelers ), and from my profile picture you can see that I'm a soccer fan (Visça el Barça)
Just finished my graduate degree in construction management.
Proudly built and supported the US army and the Air force bases in Iraq (originally from), from 2003 to 2007, after returning from Iraq I worked as a cultural trainer with the military in Fort Dix NJ and Fort Lewis WA (3rd brigade 2nd infantry, strykers).
My uncles from my mother's side spent their lives working with cars as a hobby and specially classic cars, so I opened my eyes and different kind of cars were all around me, I bought my first mustang 5 months ago, I don't need to say why I love the mustang, it's enough to say its an American icon, you can see it in the way ppl look at your car when you stop at the light or any other place lol.
have fun guys and take care.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Name is Jeff and I am from New York! I am 36 years old and I am married with 2 beautiful daughters. I am a Steamfitter based out of NYC and I love fox body style mustangs. I've owned an 88 convertible, 90 hatchback and I currently own a 87 convertible that I am restoring. I find this forum very helpful and I am proud to be a part of it!
Jeff44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar