Religion swappin? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



View Poll Results: Which describes you?
Not raised religious, still not religious. 3 14.29%
Not raised religious, now converted. 0 0%
Raised religious, still in same sect. 8 38.10%
Raised religious, now in a different sect. 2 9.52%
Raised religious, now not religious. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Religion swappin?

My wife says I'm not allowed to play with the Christians anymore. Sorry guys.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

What is the meaning of Mark chapter 13 verse 14? What is the Lord saying that those in Judea flee to the mountains when Satan is standing where he ought not? Next verse says those on the house top not to go down. Is the Lord speaking to take this literal speaking only to those in Judea or is this a spiritual meaning? The Lord spoke in parables giving an earthly story to a heavenly meaning. What is the meaning of 2 corinthians chapter 11 verses 14 and 15? What does Zechariah chapter 8 verse 3 and verse 13 state? To God be the Glory. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
and most of my friends who attended catholic schools ended up hating christianity due to their authoritarian teaching techniques and have a whole heap of trouble regarding drug use and alcoholism. scare tactics and violence usually backfire.
I see or have seen the same things happening to those I grew up with

Yeah I was told that Nintendo was the devil controlling me and that I was showing signs because I couldnt sit still in class cause I was hyper.......2:
So here I am at 10 getting dragged around by my bible thumping grandmother and haveing folks pray on me and lay hands or whatever.....
Guess sugar is the devils tool and computers are taking over our minds
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

When you look to people or what man has done you will always find fault. There is none rightous, no not one. Is that reason to shy from reading the Bible asking the Lord to grant you wisdom? Trust God and not man, his creation. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
When you look to people or what man has done you will always find fault. There is none rightous, no not one. Is that reason to shy from reading the Bible asking the Lord to grant you wisdom? Trust God and not man, his creation. GGBIW
the bible was written, edited, and translated dozens of times, all by men. im not saying it is or isnt holy, but by saying that trust does not belong in man is to say that there should be no trust in any organized religion or the validity of holy scriptures. additionally, if you are claiming that those who wrote the holy scriptures of the world are unearthly and not human, then you are inquestionably placing trust in the hands of the human witnesses who were present during that time.

in my scientific belief, which i place different than my spiritual beliefs, god did not create man - man created god(s) to cope with the inexplanable mysteries that come with intelligence. the belief of a god goes back to pre historic civilizations. mankind was always fascinated with the belief of dieties watching over them. religions have come and gone over the years... most of them borrowing ideas from other religions. each have holy figures, miracles, laws, etc. to say one is way is right is completely ignorant to the other religions of the world - who are just as valid if not more valid.

now my spiritual beliefs are a bit different. god is not a person. god does not speak to people. god does not judge us. i find the whole humanized belief that god is actually focused on mankind very shallow and self centered. kinda like the belief that we were also the center of the universe. i believe we judge ourselves. we dont choose if we were good or evil, rather we know the essence of our souls and our afterlife reflects that. our souls are a binding energy that spans the universe and things tend to unfold as deserved (karma). my beliefs parallel those of hindus and taoism while not believing in either of them at all (i find their gods a bit less believable). this energy is eternal and contains both pure and evil. the actions of life echo an eternity, but the soul lives on. its not a kingdom in the sky, but another life. perhaps in your children, making your offspring a conjunction of the souls of two or more individuals.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Man is a sinner. That is stated in the Bible. I trust NO man, only Jesus who is the Creator. It states in the bible, you can serve God or the Devil. There is no in between. That IS the whole purpose of creation. If you don't agree it is not I that you are not agreeing with. I didn't write the Holy Bible. You cannot serve 2 masters. Hopefully God calls you home before the Rapture as there is no more salvation once that occurs. The remaining people on earth will suffer 5 months of torment as stated in Revelation chapter 9. As for your theory it is not what the Bible states. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Science has emerged that it takes 39 different criteria for life to exist. The list is growing. It is on a DVD called "The Privileged Planet" by Illustra media. It is based on the search for purpose in the universe. It points to intelligent design. If you took a ruler, and stretched from one end of the universe to the other end, placed the measure of gravity at one point, then moved it a fraction of an inch on the ruler, life could not exist. This is scientific fact. It is obvious that Jesus created everything as stated in the first chapter of John. To God be the Glory . GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
the bible was written, edited, and translated dozens of times, all by men. im not saying it is or isnt holy, but by saying that trust does not belong in man is to say that there should be no trust in any organized religion or the validity of holy scriptures. additionally, if you are claiming that those who wrote the holy scriptures of the world are unearthly and not human, then you are inquestionably placing trust in the hands of the human witnesses who were present during that time.

in my scientific belief, which i place different than my spiritual beliefs, god did not create man - man created god(s) to cope with the inexplanable mysteries that come with intelligence. the belief of a god goes back to pre historic civilizations. mankind was always fascinated with the belief of dieties watching over them. religions have come and gone over the years... most of them borrowing ideas from other religions. each have holy figures, miracles, laws, etc. to say one is way is right is completely ignorant to the other religions of the world - who are just as valid if not more valid.

now my spiritual beliefs are a bit different. god is not a person. god does not speak to people. god does not judge us. i find the whole humanized belief that god is actually focused on mankind very shallow and self centered. kinda like the belief that we were also the center of the universe. i believe we judge ourselves. we dont choose if we were good or evil, rather we know the essence of our souls and our afterlife reflects that. our souls are a binding energy that spans the universe and things tend to unfold as deserved (karma). my beliefs parallel those of hindus and taoism while not believing in either of them at all (i find their gods a bit less believable). this energy is eternal and contains both pure and evil. the actions of life echo an eternity, but the soul lives on. its not a kingdom in the sky, but another life. perhaps in your children, making your offspring a conjunction of the souls of two or more individuals.
I ask you Point Blank, Have you ever read the Bible? Especially what Jesus said? If you have and are posting this theory I rest my case. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
I ask you Point Blank, Have you ever read the Bible? Especially what Jesus said? If you have and are posting this theory I rest my case. GGBIW
yes, i have. a few times. as well as the halakha, koran, a few books on taoism, and course literature since i have taken mutliple religious study courses at penn state. i consider myself pretty knowledgable on all major religions as well as the cultures that shaped them... i know most about judaism and christianity.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

I see you hold the Bible to no special standing and compare it to books written by man. The Holy Bible was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit. I already know you don't believe that. To some, clearlight, to others a stumbling block. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #46
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Religion swappin?

How do you know the Holy Bible was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Science has emerged that it takes 39 different criteria for life to exist. The list is growing. It is on a DVD called "The Privileged Planet" by Illustra media. It is based on the search for purpose in the universe. It points to intelligent design. If you took a ruler, and stretched from one end of the universe to the other end, placed the measure of gravity at one point, then moved it a fraction of an inch on the ruler, life could not exist. This is scientific fact. It is obvious that Jesus created everything as stated in the first chapter of John. To God be the Glory . GGBIW
I believe it was stated in the first chapter of Genesis, not John.......

Also, question for you, did the trinity always exist or was it formed from a need for mankind. What I mean is, before there was sin, was there a need for the holy spirit, was there a need for Jesus to save us? No, my point there is that Jesus did not actually create everything, God did.

Just trying to get your POV on a few things.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
How do you know the Holy Bible was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit?
Because that is what the Bible says. It's all based on faith man, hence there is no point to argue it as it is based on faith. You can't force someone to believe what you believe, and you're most likely not going to change their mind.

I see exactly what he is trying to do, just don't agree with his methods, just throwing that out there.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #49
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Because that is what the Bible says. It's all based on faith man, hence there is no point to argue it as it is based on faith. You can't force someone to believe what you believe, and you're most likely not going to change their mind.

I see exactly what he is trying to do, just don't agree with his methods, just throwing that out there.
I am with this guy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Religion swappin?

I took a **** one time that was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah, It was righteous.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Because that is what the Bible says. It's all based on faith man, hence there is no point to argue it as it is based on faith. You can't force someone to believe what you believe, and you're most likely not going to change their mind.

I see exactly what he is trying to do, just don't agree with his methods, just throwing that out there.
What I'm trying to do? It is make you aware of what god is revealing to his elect. Nothing will stop that. I already said trust no man's interpretation to the Holy Bible but to ask the Lord to grant you understanding. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
What I'm trying to do? It is make you aware of what god is revealing to his elect. Nothing will stop that. I already said trust no man's interpretation to the Holy Bible but to ask the Lord to grant you understanding. GGBIW
If that's the case then you just said to stop listening to you. So ok, I'll stop listening to you. How about you do your part and stop tempting me to take your interpretation of the Bible and stop posting.

Kthnxbye
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
If that's the case then you just said to stop listening to you. So ok, I'll stop listening to you. How about you do your part and stop tempting me to take your interpretation of the Bible and stop posting.

Kthnxbye
How about you asking the Lord what he is saying and leave me out of it. As far as me stop posting, this forum is for all members and visitors as well. It is the Lord calling his Elect home. Only the Lord saves his people. Don't listen to me, read the Bible. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Religion swappin?

the whole "i am right you are wrong" attitude that christians have is actually quite unique and historic. it is one of the only religions that actually tries to do that. it goes back to the first centuries of its existence when it was not well-established as a separate religion. christianity was still developing and it was strickingly similar to judiasm. at first it was difficult to differentiate between the two, so christianity had to persuade people that it was a legitimate successor to judaism. blah blah blah long story, it rises to a state religion of the roman empire and opressed the other religions calling them inferior. there were many laws passed about the segregation between christians and other religions.

at the same time, islam was also devleoping. they conquered much of the mesopotamian area (eastern roman empire, Byzantine) and concurrently, lots of land previously owned by jews, hindus, and christians. ironically enough, they let all religions practice freely under their ruling. this actually helped the spread of judiasm since it was united under an empire that focused on trade (lots of communication).

ironic world sometimes isnt it?
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Religion swappin?

and dont get me wrong.. i have absolutely nothing wrong with christianity. i actually practiced roman catholicism for a good portion of my life. its just that i am accepting of other relgions and actually am intrigued by what religions have to offer. there is no such thing as a wrong religion in my opinion (with the exception of scientology haha). all have something to offer to the world. it is until that all can accept each will the world be truly a better place.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
How about you asking the Lord what he is saying and leave me out of it. As far as me stop posting, this forum is for all members and visitors as well. It is the Lord calling his Elect home. Only the Lord saves his people. Don't listen to me, read the Bible. GGBIW
But if I am supposed to listen to God and his messages given to me by the Bible then what point is there posting about it. This is one point I do agree with you. I spend time studying His word and reflect upon what I read as to what it means to me.

You still have not addressed my concerns posted above about what you have said. Please address these if you are to continue.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
the whole "i am right you are wrong" attitude that christians have is actually quite unique and historic. it is one of the only religions that actually tries to do that. it goes back to the first centuries of its existence when it was not well-established as a separate religion. christianity was still developing and it was strickingly similar to judiasm. at first it was difficult to differentiate between the two, so christianity had to persuade people that it was a legitimate successor to judaism. blah blah blah long story, it rises to a state religion of the roman empire and opressed the other religions calling them inferior. there were many laws passed about the segregation between christians and other religions.

at the same time, islam was also devleoping. they conquered much of the mesopotamian area (eastern roman empire, Byzantine) and concurrently, lots of land previously owned by jews, hindus, and christians. ironically enough, they let all religions practice freely under their ruling. this actually helped the spread of judiasm since it was united under an empire that focused on trade (lots of communication).

ironic world sometimes isnt it?

You still need to keep in mind that the main difference between Judaism and Christianity is the belief in a savior. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus was sent to this earth as my Savior and is the son of God. Jews believe that the savior is still to come in the future, and that Jesus was simply another disciple sent to spread His word.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Religion swappin?

God not only exists, but he hates me. Proof:Alyson Hannigan.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
You still need to keep in mind that the main difference between Judaism and Christianity is the belief in a savior. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus was sent to this earth as my Savior and is the son of God. Jews believe that the savior is still to come in the future, and that Jesus was simply another disciple sent to spread His word.
exactly. i know... im saying that the differences back then at that time were very small. the practices, rituals, and the following of the tanach were all the same. the gap is much wider now that both are well established.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

I have made statements and have said where in the Bible it says it. I have also said trust no mans interpretation for a reason. I want you to read the scripture as I have said he is calling his Elect home. Of this I am certain and say it without reservation. I seek no mans approval and don't mind ridicule as they did the same to the prophets. I used to interpret the Bible differently until one day driving to work I was thinking about the story of Joseph in Genesis, as I read it the previous weekend. I then said " and the Lord blessed all that he did" when I became overwhelmed and I realised he has blessed me. After that day , when I read my Bible I understood scripture differently. I did not have a vision or any super natural thing happen that day I just humbly thanked the Lord for all he has done in my life. I will continue to post scripture and how I see it now. That is why I say trust no man. If the Lord shows you the same , so be it. It also states in the Bible to trust no man in the end times as that is where we are at. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #61
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
God not only exists, but he hates me. Proof:Alyson Hannigan.
Stars
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
sledgehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Region: Colorado
Posts: 344
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
God not only exists, but he hates me. Proof:Alyson Hannigan.
she is hot
__________________
94 v6 manual, 3.45s w/t-lock, cai, straight straight through dual exhaust, sct eliminator.
sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
sledgehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Region: Colorado
Posts: 344
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Religion swappin?

i am not much into the religion stuff, but isnt jesus savior and god lord?
__________________
94 v6 manual, 3.45s w/t-lock, cai, straight straight through dual exhaust, sct eliminator.
sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
i am not much into the religion stuff, but isnt jesus savior and god lord?
Read John. It states nothing was made without Jesus. It also states he is God. Hence he is Lord. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #65
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Religion swappin?

So who created God.


__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
sledgehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Region: Colorado
Posts: 344
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So who created God.


I did.... you didnt know??? JK
__________________
94 v6 manual, 3.45s w/t-lock, cai, straight straight through dual exhaust, sct eliminator.
sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
I have made statements and have said where in the Bible it says it. I have also said trust no mans interpretation for a reason. I want you to read the scripture as I have said he is calling his Elect home. Of this I am certain and say it without reservation. I seek no mans approval and don't mind ridicule as they did the same to the prophets. I used to interpret the Bible differently until one day driving to work I was thinking about the story of Joseph in Genesis, as I read it the previous weekend. I then said " and the Lord blessed all that he did" when I became overwhelmed and I realised he has blessed me. After that day , when I read my Bible I understood scripture differently. I did not have a vision or any super natural thing happen that day I just humbly thanked the Lord for all he has done in my life. I will continue to post scripture and how I see it now. That is why I say trust no man. If the Lord shows you the same , so be it. It also states in the Bible to trust no man in the end times as that is where we are at. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Which Joseph are you speaking of in Genesis. I don't recall a Joseph in Genesis...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So who created God.


You need a question mark if you are asking a question. God always existed. The universe is expanding, if you could film it, stop the camera and put it in reverse to the absolute beginning of the universe , it started from NOTHING.
If you read John you will see Jesus is the creator. If you don't believe , it doesn't change absolute truth which the Bible is. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
ggbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Region: California
Posts: 22
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Which Joseph are you speaking of in Genesis. I don't recall a Joseph in Genesis...
I don't have my Bible in front of me but off the top of my mind it is in Genesis chapter 40. I could be off but I believe it is in that area of the Holy Bible. GGBIW
__________________
Jesus is Lord
2007 GT500 Black,white race stripe
2007 V6 Black Mustang
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
sledgehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Region: Colorado
Posts: 344
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Religion swappin?

Is this argument getting out of hand? It seems people are telling others how it is rather than what they belive...
__________________
94 v6 manual, 3.45s w/t-lock, cai, straight straight through dual exhaust, sct eliminator.
sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's this? Religion is too political now? Brent The Bar 0 05-02-2008 11:22 PM
religion? Rellik The Bar 29 03-04-2008 05:27 PM
See Religion is horrible Brent The Bar 2 11-01-2007 11:35 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.