Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Which describes you?
Not raised religious, still not religious. 3 14.29%
Not raised religious, now converted. 0 0%
Raised religious, still in same sect. 8 38.10%
Raised religious, now in a different sect. 2 9.52%
Raised religious, now not religious. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

But that passage does not relate to what you said at all...

Genesis 40 was when Joseph was in the prison and interpreted 2 dreams for the cupbearer and the baker. He asked that all he recieve in return was to have his name mentioned to the pharoah. Instead they both forgot when their dreams were revealed and came true.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
Is this argument getting out of hand? It seems people are telling others how it is rather than what they belive...
Out of hand? Is that because it doesn't agree with what you think? GGBIW
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
But that passage does not relate to what you said at all...

Genesis 40 was when Joseph was in the prison and interpreted 2 dreams for the cupbearer and the baker. He asked that all he recieve in return was to have his name mentioned to the pharoah. Instead they both forgot when their dreams were revealed and came true.
You stated Joseph wasn't in Genesis. What I said was what I see in the story of Joseph. He came to be the highest person only second to pharoah. It is a story mirroring Jesus Christ. You don't see that? The brothers casting him into the pit is a clue. GGBIW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

When I first posted on this thread there was about 250 hits on the thread. we are now approaching 500 in a short time. It is being watched by far more than us posting. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Out of hand? Is that because it doesn't agree with what you think? GGBIW
No... I am athiest and support everyone in their own beliefs. I just dont like seeing argument where folks are telling each other how it is. religious arguements have gotten ugly on another forum I was previously on and it was BAD and I dont want it to happen here.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

Quote:
When I first posted on this thread there was about 250 hits on the thread. we are now approaching 500 in a short time. It is being watched by far more than us posting. GGBIW
DAMN thats crazy!! 500

I am out
Old 03-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

God is calling his elect home.Those not posting and reading the Bible may very well be the ones he is calling. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #78
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
No... I am athiest and support everyone in their own beliefs. I just dont like seeing argument where folks are telling each other how it is. religious arguements have gotten ugly on another forum I was previously on and it was BAD and I dont want it to happen here.
religious discussions never go well on the internet. same goes with politics and whether or not .999 repeating is actually 1 or not

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #79
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
religious discussions never go well on the internet. same goes with politics and whether or not .999 repeating is actually 1 or not
It is not.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #80
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
But..it's nowhere near the postwhore, boobies, and friday email threads...
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #81
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
It is not.
i agree! but there is a cult of people who disagree.. and they actually have a lot of mathametical evidence too. google search it if you dont believe me haha. the way i view it is its like the depreciation of a vehicle. no matter how long you keep it, it is worth something... even if its worth 1 penny its still something and never free.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #82
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
You need a question mark if you are asking a question. God always existed. The universe is expanding, if you could film it, stop the camera and put it in reverse to the absolute beginning of the universe , it started from NOTHING.
If you read John you will see Jesus is the creator. If you don't believe , it doesn't change absolute truth which the Bible is. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Saying god always existed doesn't explain where he/it/she/whatever came from. I find it ironic that the same people that find things such as the Big Bang Theory as absurd (something from nothing) believe in God (something from nothing) yet criticize the Big Bang Theory for being impossible because something can't come from nothing.

I don't consider myself an Atheist because an Atheist has the belief that no god exists. I don't know if a god exists anymore than I know if the Big Bang Theory actually happened as it is explained. I don't know where we came from.

I guess my whole problem with religion and the bible is the restrictions that it puts on people and the hypocrisy of some people who claim to be Christians.

The Church of Christ is a boring boring place. I spent 18 years of my life being dragged to Church so I could hear a man ramble on about what I needed to do to be saved. I listened to people gossip about people that weren't living up to their standards. The Church that is so quick to preach understanding and tolerance shames gays and judges people every second of the day. The youth group was nothing but a huge clique of people that were full of themselves. They drank and did drugs, cursed up a storm and all the time putting on a whole different face when the "grown ups" were around. Just so they could get the pat on their back for being good little Christians.

Yes, I know ggbiw is saying that organized religion is flawed, but there are very very few people in this country that believe in something and actually live the way they believe.

That's my problem with organized religion, my personal beliefs on God or no God aside. We can get into politics + religion but I don't feel like writing a novel.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Saying god always existed doesn't explain where he/it/she/whatever came from. I find it ironic that the same people that find things such as the Big Bang Theory as absurd (something from nothing) believe in God (something from nothing) yet criticize the Big Bang Theory for being impossible because something can't come from nothing.

I don't consider myself an Atheist because an Atheist has the belief that no god exists. I don't know if a god exists anymore than I know if the Big Bang Theory actually happened as it is explained. I don't know where we came from.

I guess my whole problem with religion and the bible is the restrictions that it puts on people and the hypocrisy of some people who claim to be Christians.

The Church of Christ is a boring boring place. I spent 18 years of my life being dragged to Church so I could hear a man ramble on about what I needed to do to be saved. I listened to people gossip about people that weren't living up to their standards. The Church that is so quick to preach understanding and tolerance shames gays and judges people every second of the day. The youth group was nothing but a huge clique of people that were full of themselves. They drank and did drugs, cursed up a storm and all the time putting on a whole different face when the "grown ups" were around. Just so they could get the pat on their back for being good little Christians.

Yes, I know ggbiw is saying that organized religion is flawed, but there are very very few people in this country that believe in something and actually live the way they believe.

That's my problem with organized religion, my personal beliefs on God or no God aside. We can get into politics + religion but I don't feel like writing a novel.
Very well said your displeasure with organised religon. I must point one thing out to you. Nothing a man does gives him salvation. Nothing. That is the problem with the churches. They tell you if you say this or do that you are a believer and are saved. Only God saves and they were saved from the foundation of the World. The Lord knew who he was going to save far before creation was completed. In Mathew chapter 13 is the parable about the seed and also the wheat and the tares. Where are the wheat and tares? The world. Where is the church? the world. Mathew ch.13 verse 30 states let them grow together. It is the people in the church he is talking about as the non believer is not present with his elect. God is calling his elect out of the church, into his Holy Bible to preach from the housetop what he is revealing to them. He is seperating the wheat and tares. The people that trust their church for salvation and Not Christ are the tares remaining in church. The wheat is God's elect leaving the Church as Satan is ruling there now. In 1 Peter Ch. 4 v 17 it states the Lord will judge the church first. His elect will have already been raptured. Jesus did it ALL lest any man boast.It is he that is calling his elect out of the church . To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

So if we're all predestined to be saved or not then what's the point in me caring?

Also, if Satan is ruling the church, why go?
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So if we're all predestined to be saved or not then what's the point in me caring?

Also, if Satan is ruling the church, why go?
I don't go. I read his Holy Bible and post what his scriptures say to me. We are now getting close to 100 hits a day and approaching 600. He is calling his elect home. I can post the scripture that points that out but I'm praying the Lord reveals himself to his elect and they start reading the Holy Bible. The first 4 books of the New Testament is a good place to start. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

I'm sorry... what does a thread hit count have to do with His Holy Scripture?

:dunno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #87
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

So when you say "elect" to whom are you referencing? Are you of the belief that God has already chosen whom he will save and allow into heaven?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #88
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I don't go. I read his Holy Bible and post what his scriptures say to me. We are now getting close to 100 hits a day and approaching 600. He is calling his elect home. I can post the scripture that points that out but I'm praying the Lord reveals himself to his elect and they start reading the Holy Bible. The first 4 books of the New Testament is a good place to start. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
The Bible also says we should gather together in his name to worship. Being a part of a church is following God's word.

Think about that for a minute.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
So when you say "elect" to whom are you referencing? Are you of the belief that God has already chosen whom he will save and allow into heaven?
Absolutely. The thread count has to do with the interest in the topic. Many read and don't post. They have interest in his Holy Bible and the discussion. God is calling his Elect out of the church into his Holy Bible. Of that I am certain. I seek no mans approval, Only Jesus my Lord. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #90
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Absolutely. The thread count has to do with the interest in the topic. Many read and don't post. They have interest in his Holy Bible and the discussion. God is calling his Elect out of the church into his Holy Bible. Of that I am certain. I seek no mans approval, Only Jesus my Lord. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Either that or they're just clicking on the thread to get it off the "new posts" list. I'm guilty of that.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

His Elect are those he has chosen to save. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #92
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So, then, where in the bible does it say that God has already chosen those who get to reside in Heaven with him?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #93
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
His Elect are those he has chosen to save. GGBIW
Then what is the point in trying? If He has already chosen those that He is going to save then why should any of us care about what you're saying.

Basically you're saying whether we really feel like reading what you're typing or not, we're already predestined.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Bible also says we should gather together in his name to worship. Being a part of a church is following God's word.

Think about that for a minute.
It says gather "ourselves" not go to church. The true church is his Elect. Not a building. We are gathering ourselves now as we post. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #95
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
It says gather "ourselves" not go to church. The true church is his Elect. Not a building. We are gathering ourselves now as we post. GGBIW
So... you are saying church isn't a gathering?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then what is the point in trying? If He has already chosen those that He is going to save then why should any of us care about what you're saying.

Basically you're saying whether we really feel like reading what you're typing or not, we're already predestined.
Just keep clicking on the thread to remove it. You cannot stop Gods will. You cannot have 2 masters. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #97
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Just keep clicking on the thread to remove it. You cannot stop Gods will. You cannot have 2 masters. GGBIW
You still haven't addressed my questions here:

1) Where in the Bible does it say God has already selected those he will save?

2) How is Church not a gathering?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So... you are saying church isn't a gathering?
I said God is calling his Elect out of the church,into his word, to preach to the world what he is revealing. The church is being run by Satan and his demons decribed in 2 corinthians ch 11 v 14-15. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #99
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I don't see any reference to the Church being run by Satan...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You still haven't addressed my questions here:

1) Where in the Bible does it say God has already selected those he will save?

2) How is Church not a gathering?
In Revelation chapter 17 verse 8 it describes the names written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. The book of life are his Elect. I never said gathering in a church is not gathering. I said God is calling his elect out. Another is Ephesians Ch. 1 verse 4. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #101
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

So you are saying that John 3:16 is a lie then...
Old 03-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I don't see any reference to the Church being run by Satan...
Mark ch 13 v 14. Standing in the holy place is the pulpit. It does say you need understanding meaning the Lord reveal it to you. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you are saying that John 3:16 is a lie then...
The Bible is perfect. All scripture must be in harmony to come to truth. Who caused those souls to believe in him? Not man but the Holy spirit. Jesus did it all lest any man should boast. GGBIW
Old 03-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #104
Legacy Member
Legacy

You haven't answered a single question posed back at you with any common sense. How about you take a second and try and tell us what exactly you are getting at. Mumbling more scripture to answer scripture isn't working for you anymore.

I'm sure I can grab 2 verses and pull them out of context just to prove a point as well.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #105
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
You haven't answered a single question posed back at you with any common sense.
Now you know how I feel when I ask something as simple as who created God

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar