Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Which describes you?
Not raised religious, still not religious. 3 14.29%
Not raised religious, now converted. 0 0%
Raised religious, still in same sect. 8 38.10%
Raised religious, now in a different sect. 2 9.52%
Raised religious, now not religious. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #141
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Religion swappin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbiw View Post
Who gives him that desire? We are all God's creation. In Romans chapter 4 through chapter 8 it speaks to this subject. The Bible I have has everything Jesus said while he walked the earth printed in red. All the bible is God's word but I enjoy reading what he said when he was on earth. In Luke ch 10 verses 20 -22 it says it is God who reveals himself. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
I agree, God does reveal himself, but it is still man's choice whether or not to accept him. As it says in His word "for I knock at the door and noone answers".
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I agree, God does reveal himself, but it is still man's choice whether or not to accept him. As it says in His word "for I knock at the door and noone answers".
You said it all, It is the Lord that Knocks. It is he that is making the move. God influeces he whom he has chosen to see he is the Messiah. God reveals himself to his elect. It is the Lord that did it all lest any man should boast. GGBIW
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #143
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Maybe he should ring the doorbell then

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #144
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
epic
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #145
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Or just hit me up on the cell.

"Ha ha! Charade you are!"

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #146
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
You said it all, It is the Lord that Knocks. It is he that is making the move. God influeces he whom he has chosen to see he is the Messiah. God reveals himself to his elect. It is the Lord that did it all lest any man should boast. GGBIW
But, in the end, it is still up to man to make the choice. You talk like there is not choice on man's side of this. There is, must be a conscious choice.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
But, in the end, it is still up to man to make the choice. You talk like there is not choice on man's side of this. There is, must be a conscious choice.
I say it is the Holy spirit in the believers that causes them to believe. That is the voice in your conscience that tells you what decision to make. It states in the bible that we are saved by grace and not by works. Nothing a man does grants him salvation. The names of the chosen were written in the book of life before the foundations of the earth. How can it be up to you if your name was in the book of life before you were created? The choice was made by Jesus as he is the Creator stated in the first chapter of John. Do not trust what I am saying. Open your Bible and read it. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 03:11 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Just skimming, it seems that to be a good person, a man of good conscience, one has to accept the "Lord". So by this means, humans are unable to make good moral decisions without God. When even in Genesis, man in direct touch with their creator, defied His laws.

However where do we draw the line. The Japanese believed becoming a Kamikaze pilot would earn them an eternity, the Islamic extremists recruit suicide bombers, promising them 42 virgins and again in favor with god. The Branch Dividians who blindly followed what was supposed to be there calling just like Jonestown albeit the Jones was referred to as "Father". The point is every cult asks their members to be the Elect. There has to be an Elect for the group/religion/cult to exist.

The Bible itself is flawed, many of the translations have gone though centuries of vulgarities, personal ideology translations, not to mention the Bible has been edited, parts left out and other Gospels are not even acknowledged in existence by most churches.

The Bible cannot be taken literally, however loosely and open to interpretation. It can't be taken as a set of laws but it is more a set of guidelines as you live life.

Yet I find it hard to believe that humans are incapable of decisions which promote the species, the life and world we live in and ironically I see the opposite, and it's consequence everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Just skimming, it seems that to be a good person, a man of good conscience, one has to accept the "Lord". So by this means, humans are unable to make good moral decisions without God. When even in Genesis, man in direct touch with their creator, defied His laws.

However where do we draw the line. The Japanese believed becoming a Kamikaze pilot would earn them an eternity, the Islamic extremists recruit suicide bombers, promising them 42 virgins and again in favor with god. The Branch Dividians who blindly followed what was supposed to be there calling just like Jonestown albeit the Jones was referred to as "Father". The point is every cult asks their members to be the Elect. There has to be an Elect for the group/religion/cult to exist.

The Bible itself is flawed, many of the translations have gone though centuries of vulgarities, personal ideology translations, not to mention the Bible has been edited, parts left out and other Gospels are not even acknowledged in existence by most churches.

The Bible cannot be taken literally, however loosely and open to interpretation. It can't be taken as a set of laws but it is more a set of guidelines as you live life.

Yet I find it hard to believe that humans are incapable of decisions which promote the species, the life and world we live in and ironically I see the opposite, and it's consequence everyday.
We all have our beliefs whatever they may be. I believe without a doubt that the bible is perfect, without error. The more I read it the more I see that. When I see his creation the more I understand his diety. The more you delve into science, the more you see intelligent design is apparent. It is not for me to judge anyone. Only God can call his elect. No matter what we think, there is absolute truth which I believe is the Holy Bible. If the Lord can create the universe and life, I'm sure he is capable of keeping his Holy Bible true. I have translated certain scripture back to it's original language and find that the King James version is highly accurate. I have not done this with other versions of the bible so I cannot speak to them. I say without reservation the Holy Bible is the word of God. I cannot understand how someone else does not see that. I do know it was written in such a way that truth is hidden and you need understanding to know what the Lord is saying because the Lord states in many passages That you need understanding in the same verse he is speaking in. Only the Lord can call his elect home. I seek to do his will dailey and fail dailey. No matter how hard I try. I always find myself asking the Lord for forgivness. All men are sinners, there is none rightous, no not one. That is what The Lord said. He died on the cross for the sin of mankind. It is by grace that he saves his chosen. It is written in the Holy Bible. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #150
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
I say without reservation the Holy Bible is the word of God. I cannot understand how someone else does not see that.
it could just be related to statistics. in some of my sociology classes we discussed religion. here are some statistics (approximately since i dont remember exactly) we've looked at:

-in between ages 20-35, majority of this age group does not accept religion.
-college graduates are less likely to practice a belief compared to high school graduates.
-three statistically significant attributes of the switch to accepting religion is the creation of a family, poverty, or the loss of a loved one.
-older generations have a much higher religious acceptance rate compared to the younger situations (and this gap is widening even further).
-older individuals have a significantly higher percent chance of being religious.

whether it is accurate or correlated correctly, i have no idea. we learned a whole bunch of thought inspiring statistics in that course but we were told to question the possible inaccuracies in it. some others we did were divorce rates, incarceration, deaths, etc.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
it could just be related to statistics. in some of my sociology classes we discussed religion. here are some statistics (approximately since i dont remember exactly) we've looked at:

-in between ages 20-35, majority of this age group does not accept religion.
-college graduates are less likely to practice a belief compared to high school graduates.
-three statistically significant attributes of the switch to accepting religion is the creation of a family, poverty, or the loss of a loved one.
-older generations have a much higher religious acceptance rate compared to the younger situations (and this gap is widening even further).
-older individuals have a significantly higher percent chance of being religious.

whether it is accurate or correlated correctly, i have no idea. we learned a whole bunch of thought inspiring statistics in that course but we were told to question the possible inaccuracies in it. some others we did were divorce rates, incarceration, deaths, etc.

Interesting statistics. I perceive you to be a intelligent man. You have always posted with what you have learned and never resorted to folly pointing out how you see it. I appreciate the manner in which you conduct yourself. It speaks volumes to your character. I do not have the right to judge anyone. I seek no man's approval when I post what the Lord has shown me in His Holy Bible. To some, it offends them to no end. To others they question what I am posting as truth. It is extremely important in these last days that you trust no man's interpretation of the Holy Bible. I always ask that you read the Bible to see if what I post is truth. If just 1 member or visitor opens his Bible and comes home to the Lord, this thread has done well. I cannot imagine anyone wanting someone to perish. Thank you for being civil and not playing around to such a serious subject. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #152
Legacy Member
Legacy

The Black is calling his Elect. You can't just up and decide one day, "Hey, I'm gonna be one of The Black's Elect!" This is a decision only The Black can make.

In post #34, The Black says "Ice cream doest not have ye bones!"

This proves that only he can choose who his Elect shall be. Ice cream has no bones, no not one. I say without reservation that The Blue doesn't have eyebrows.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
The Black is calling his Elect. You can't just up and decide one day, "Hey, I'm gonna be one of The Black's Elect!" This is a decision only The Black can make.

In post #34, The Black says "Ice cream doest not have ye bones!"

This proves that only he can choose who his Elect shall be. Ice cream has no bones, no not one. I say without reservation that The Blue doesn't have eyebrows.
Such wisdom. Our posts are a matter of record. I speak from the Bible and you speak from your source. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #154
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Such wisdom. Our posts are a matter of record. I speak from the Bible and you speak from your source. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Indeed. It's good you see the two sources for what they are: Equals.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #155
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
I don't go. I read his Holy Bible and post what his scriptures say to me. We are now getting close to 100 hits a day and approaching 600. He is calling his elect home. I can post the scripture that points that out but I'm praying the Lord reveals himself to his elect and they start reading the Holy Bible. The first 4 books of the New Testament is a good place to start. To God be the Glory. GGBIW

so are you saying that the more hits this thread is the more likely that God is coming?

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Indeed. It's good you see the two sources for what they are: Equals.
You are saying you are equal to the Bible. I say trust no man, trust the Bible. I just wanted to compliment your wisdom. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
so are you saying that the more hits this thread is the more likely that God is coming?
It is now more than 1000 hits. That must be because no one is interested on the subject matter, right? The Lord is coming for sure if you need me to tell you. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure, why not. Show us The Light and The Way.
After all, it was you that asked to be enlightened. Thank you for your honesty and wisdom.I'm happy your wife has given you permission to play with christians again. GGBIW
Old 03-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #159
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just so you know... you account for about half those 1000 hits... the hits aren't unique hits, but total hits. These aren't 1000 different people looking at this thread. And the ones that keep coming back to look at it do so to see what other crazy, misguided statement you make next. How do you know the time is near that Jesus returns, the Bible clearly states that no man will know the time or date. What makes you so special?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #160
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

BTW, like you say, I trust no man, I trust the Bible, and what you are saying is stretched, bent, and taken out of context of what The Word really says.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #161
Legacy Member
Legacy

so basically, you are telling me (from the way you are wording your posts) that based on the number of "hits" that this thread is getting, that God himself is watching this thread and based on this, that the apocalypse is coming.

i had no idea God was that into mustangs.

Modified 2004 V6
Old 03-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Just so you know... you account for about half those 1000 hits... the hits aren't unique hits, but total hits. These aren't 1000 different people looking at this thread. And the ones that keep coming back to look at it do so to see what other crazy, misguided statement you make next. How do you know the time is near that Jesus returns, the Bible clearly states that no man will know the time or date. What makes you so special?
So now you say you know what other people think when they come back? I stand by what I have posted. I seek no man's approval. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
so basically, you are telling me (from the way you are wording your posts) that based on the number of "hits" that this thread is getting, that God himself is watching this thread and based on this, that the apocalypse is coming.

I have said more than once God is calling his elect home. I did not start this thread and asked if anyone thought that my first post was folley I could show it in the scriptures. I stand by every post I have submitted. God is into the souls of his chosen. God watches everything. A bird doesn't fall without him knowing it.That also is in the Holy Bible.To God be the Glory. GGBIW
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #164
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
After all, it was you that asked to be enlightened. Thank you for your honesty and wisdom.I'm happy your wife has given you permission to play with christians again. GGBIW
No, I asked for someone to make a fool of himself for my personal entertainment, and that is exactly what I got.

Unfortunately, I didn't ask for permission... I hope I don't get in trouble for this... :pnoid:

Scary stuff.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #165
Regular

Quote:

I should put "God approved" in the header. :chin:

Reddit
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #166
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

This thread doesn't even rank in the top 50, by views, in The Bar.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

I will post scripture pertaining to the end times tonight. You can be the judge if it pertains to his coming. GGBIW
Old 03-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #168
Legacy Member
Legacy

I find it incredibly hard to believe that there's some being out there who looks JUST like us and has this magical power. If God created us in his own image, does he take craps or can be infected with disease like the rest of us? What use is a tail bone? Why do we have teeth that we no longer need, and why do pigs and apes have the same bone structure as we do?

It's sure easy to make up excuses for an omnipotent being when you have no real proof of his exsistance.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I find it incredibly hard to believe that there's some being out there who looks JUST like us and has this magical power. If God created us in his own image, does he take craps or can be infected with disease like the rest of us? What use is a tail bone? Why do we have teeth that we no longer need, and why do pigs and apes have the same bone structure as we do?

It's sure easy to make up excuses for an omnipotent being when you have no real proof of his exsistance.
That is for you to decide. If the Holy Bible is truth and the Word of God, or a meaningless book. Only God can reveal himself to you. GGBIW
Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #170
Regular

I guess the question ggbiw is why do you believe that the bible is god's word, written by men inspired by the holy spirit? What made you come to that conclusion?

Reddit
Old 03-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I guess the question ggbiw is why do you believe that the bible is god's word, written by men inspired by the holy spirit? What made you come to that conclusion?
The Lord made me aware of that when I was much younger reading the Bible. GGBIW
Old 03-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #172
Legacy Member
Legacy

i'm actually a scientologist and tom cruise is my god.

Modified 2004 V6
Old 03-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #173
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
So you're saying that you just pretty much decided that's the way it was?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #174
Regular

Quote:
You get what I am saying though. You're whole basis that the Bible was written and inspired by the Holy Spirit is from the Bible! That's like me writing a book and claiming it's inspired by the Holy Spirit and then dying and having only that has proof. It's blind faith.

It's people being brought up by their parents and molded to believe that you got to go to church if you want to go to heaven. You got to have someone dip you underwater to be saved.

This "God" that people follow, Christians to be exact, based on the Bible, has a hell for people who do not accept him as his savior. That means a serial rapist who has no remorse for his crimes and a person who lives a completely decent life, doesn't harm others and actually has a positive impact on peoples lives BUT doesn't accept God as his savior will be sent to the same fiery hell that the Serial Rapist is destined to go.

All because we don't praise Baby Jesus.

That's hypocrisy and bull**** and if that's how God really believes then I don't want to have anything to do with that crap.

Forgive me for being honest here, I'm just ready to hear how people justify things like this.

Reddit
Old 03-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You get what I am saying though. You're whole basis that the Bible was written and inspired by the Holy Spirit is from the Bible! That's like me writing a book and claiming it's inspired by the Holy Spirit and then dying and having only that has proof. It's blind faith.

It's people being brought up by their parents and molded to believe that you got to go to church if you want to go to heaven. You got to have someone dip you underwater to be saved.

This "God" that people follow, Christians to be exact, based on the Bible, has a hell for people who do not accept him as his savior. That means a serial rapist who has no remorse for his crimes and a person who lives a completely decent life, doesn't harm others and actually has a positive impact on peoples lives BUT doesn't accept God as his savior will be sent to the same fiery hell that the Serial Rapist is destined to go.

All because we don't praise Baby Jesus.

That's hypocrisy and bull**** and if that's how God really believes then I don't want to have anything to do with that crap.

Forgive me for being honest here, I'm just ready to hear how people justify things like this.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully the Lord will change your mind. I am not going to convince anyone. The Lord will call his elect home, Nothing can stop that.Only the Lord can change hearts. GGBIW

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar