Another Colorado Massacre - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Another Colorado Massacre

Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting | 6abc.com

Quote:
AURORA, Colo. - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A gunman opened fire early Friday at a suburban Denver movie theater, leaving 14 people dead and at least 50 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said.

The violent and chaotic scene erupted about 12:30 a.m. MDT as a gunman stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall where the latest Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" was playing, police said.
Officers found the gunman near a car behind the theater.

"A gas mask, rifle, handgun at least one additional weapon (were) found inside" he said.

The suspect was taken into custody, but no name was released. Oates said there's no evidence of any other attackers. There was also no immediate word of any motive.

The suspect spoke of "possible explosives in his residence. We are dealing with that potential threat," Oates said, without providing details on where that was.

He said police also checked for explosives in the parking lot and theater, and secured those areas.

Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.

"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.

Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

The police chief said 10 victims died at the theater and four at area hospitals.

Two people in critical condition were rushed to nearby Swedish Medical Center, spokeswoman Nicole Williams said.

She said emergency crews told her staff to prepare for several more patients from the shooting scene.

"We're on standby to receive," she said.

Aurora is located on the southeast outskirts of Denver, about 10 miles from downtown.

So, so sad.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
This is horrible.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Another Colorado Massacre

I dont understand these people, I really dont. People thank me for what I do over here for the Army, putting my life in harms way, those same people that tell me thank you are the ones that get hurt at a freaking movie. When I read this and then heard the news interview from a guy that was in there talking about a little girl getting shot, rage and hate and everything in the book came over me agaisnt the shooter. I just dont understand......Wish I was there cuz the first thing I would have done was try to save as many people that were hurt as I could even under fire, i dont care, I would have risk everything in the world saving anyone that was hurt, esp little kids. I was trained to fight and then I was trained to save.....
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I hate that people are like that

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Heard about this on my way to work , just terrible!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Theres an update, now 12 is said to be dead which is better than 14 however such a sad and twisted event. I heard 50 are wounded? Thats so sad, i feel bad for everyone who has been involved.
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Two service members were hurt as well....we were watching the news in the chow hall and saw it and I have never seen that place that quiet.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Just terrible. I hope this guy gets fried. Who the hell just comes into a movie and shoots.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Idk, anyone know a motive yet? And he rigged his house with bombs!?! Geeze!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27 View Post
Idk, anyone know a motive yet? And he rigged his house with bombs!?! Geeze!
havent seen one yet, but I was reading on one of the news sites that they said he was dressed like the joker?.....anyone seen that?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Police should have ended his life right there.....IMO Thats just horrible.
03Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Really really tragic and sad event. And stupid people are blaming our gun rights. :\ RIP all who died, my prayers go out to their family's.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
In Mississippi a guy followed a woman leaving batman. He raped and shot her, havnt heard how she is doing lately.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Which is why people suck.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

havent seen one yet, but I was reading on one of the news sites that they said he was dressed like the joker?.....anyone seen that?
I havnt heard that, just he was wearing a bullet proof vest, a helmet and a gas mask
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Its sad that we live in a world like this. We can even go see a damn movie without something horrible happing. God bless every1 and there family that had to through bull**** like this. Smdh

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha twin
Its sad that we live in a world like this. We can even go see a damn movie without something horrible happing. God bless every1 and there family that had to through bull**** like this. Smdh
I heard the idiot was dressed like Bain from that movie.
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
12 dead, 59 injured is the latest updated. All the radio stations are saying the guy called himself the Joker.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
12 dead, 59 injured is the latest updated. All the radio stations are saying the guy called himself the Joker.
It just gets worse and worse there was a kid a young as 6 that was hurt.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

It just gets worse and worse there was a kid a young as 6 that was hurt.
Damn.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

That sad, they should kill him slow and with as much pain as possible law abiding citizen style. That SOB reserves the most cruel and unusual punishment that can be applied. That s#!+ wouldn't happen in texas because he would have 20 people shooting back at him. If I were president I would make every state get a express lane for the death penalty and have a rope in every murderer and rapist cell so if they want to take the easy way out. And if you killed anyone you have 1 day to turn your self in and if you don't the next day you'll be killed on sight.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302
That sad, they should kill him slow and with as much pain as possible law abiding citizen style. That SOB reserves the most cruel and unusual punishment that can be applied. That s#!+ wouldn't happen in texas because he would have 20 people shooting back at him. If I were president I would make every state get a express lane for the death penalty and have a rope in every murderer and rapist cell so if they want to take the easy way out. And if you killed anyone you have 1 day to turn your self in and if you don't the next day you'll be killed on sight.
My dad says they should just chop off a piece of him for each person he killed/injured.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
What the heck is wrong with people these days=`{„ how sad that even at the movies were not safe

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mustang
Police should have ended his life right there.....IMO Thats just horrible.
+1

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Boss status,,,, you got my vote

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

My dad says they should just chop off a piece of him for each person he killed/injured.
Wanna borrow the machete? ;}
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
This is a sad story, the fact that I use to live in Colorado only adds to the level of sorrow felt. My prayers are with the victims and their families.

I'm honestly suprised no one attempted to stop the gunman. You think 100+ people in a small room could of easily overtook him and beat him to death.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

My mama said he threw a bomb first then started shooting,,,,
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
My mama said he threw a bomb first then started shooting,,,,
Threw a canister of tear gas, that's why he had a gas mask on
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
This is a sad story, the fact that I use to live in Colorado only adds to the level of sorrow felt. My prayers are with the victims and their families.

I'm honestly suprised no one attempted to stop the gunman. You think 100+ people in a small room could of easily overtook him and beat him to death.
He started shooting during a shootout scene so most of the people just thought he was part of the scene somehow.

I only live a half hour away from the theater so this kinda scared a lot of people in my neighborhood.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Unbelievable I wish I could have snapped his neck then and there.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
Unbelievable I wish I could have snapped his neck then and there.
I would have done far worse then that all in the matter of secs. Then, I would have turned my focus on people they were hurt and ones I could have saved, that would have been my main focus. I just dont under people man, the signs where there, but then got over looked like always. Ordering 6000 rounds for a AR-15 .223 rounds, dropping out of school? But they want to blame gun control, it doesnt matter how strick they are, if someone sees a chance to go on a killing spree and they time it just right its going to happen with or without gun control. I've bought two AR's and a hand gun and they did background checks the whole nine yards, the next week I had a ATF guy so up at my front door asking questions cuz the gun shop I bought them from called me in. Its thats not strict then I dunno what is other then stop selling guns all together. I had to stop watching the news because, I have so much hate for this guy. This guy had alot going for him like being in Med school and etc but decided to end it all and kill innocent people that were having a good time watching a movie. Now, as a tax payer along with the family members that lost love ones, we have to pay to keep him in jail. I know this is wrong but I hope he gets the death pentaly quick or someone takes him out in jail. sorry....
Old 07-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would have done far worse then that all in the matter of secs. Then, I would have turned my focus on people they were hurt and ones I could have saved, that would have been my main focus. I just dont under people man, the signs where there, but then got over looked like always. Ordering 6000 rounds for a AR-15 .223 rounds, dropping out of school? But they want to blame gun control, it doesnt matter how strick they are, if someone sees a chance to go on a killing spree and they time it just right its going to happen with or without gun control. I've bought two AR's and a hand gun and they did background checks the whole nine yards, the next week I had a ATF guy so up at my front door asking questions cuz the gun shop I bought them from called me in. Its thats not strict then I dunno what is other then stop selling guns all together. I had to stop watching the news because, I have so much hate for this guy. This guy had alot going for him like being in Med school and etc but decided to end it all and kill innocent people that were having a good time watching a movie. Now, as a tax payer along with the family members that lost love ones, we have to pay to keep him in jail. I know this is wrong but I hope he gets the death pentaly quick or someone takes him out in jail. sorry....
+agreed
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with wishing he gets the death penalty if it were up to me f*** arresting him waste his @$$. I am a old school guy and if it were up to me the prisons would be alot less crowded because all the murderers would not be in prison they will be dead and no damn lethal injection or gas chamber I mean wood chipper on slow feet first just to make them suffer ain't no one going to do stupid $#!+ like this when they know thats your punishment and it cost 50k to keep some one in prison for a year I don't want my tax dollars to help pay for a POS like this to have his meals 3 times a day let all those wastes of lifes die.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with wishing he gets the death penalty if it were up to me f*** arresting him waste his @$$. I am a old school guy and if it were up to me the prisons would be alot less crowded because all the murderers would not be in prison they will be dead and no damn lethal injection or gas chamber I mean wood chipper on slow feet first just to make them suffer ain't no one going to do stupid $#!+ like this when they know thats your punishment and it cost 50k to keep some one in prison for a year I don't want my tax dollars to help pay for a POS like this to have his meals 3 times a day let all those wastes of lifes die.
Damn right. It enlightens me to see people actually taking their safety into their own hands now. With concealed carry and what not, now more attempted burglars and intruders are being shot and killed. I gladly applaud the people who kill those bastards because there's no room on this earth for POS scum like them
Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Preach on brotha
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #33
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Which is why people suck.
It's hard not to think of it any other way
Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz

Damn right. It enlightens me to see people actually taking their safety into their own hands now. With concealed carry and what not, now more attempted burglars and intruders are being shot and killed. I gladly applaud the people who kill those bastards because there's no room on this earth for POS scum like them
Were my family is from in mexico the town is small that it doesn't even have a police station but it has no to almost no crime at all and thats because every person has a gun intruders don't get a warning they get shot the only reason they call the police is to pick up the dead body, and no drug cartel has even been seen since they lynched a drug dealer a couple years ago. When every one walks around with a colt on thier hip people are very hesitant to do something stupid.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 Texas would death row him easy lol

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar