best memory of a fox body mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
best memory of a fox body mustang

In 4 days I'm picking up myself a fox body mustang 5.0 my first v8. My current car is a 2001 v6 I like it but I found this car a good deal so i wanna see what people favorite memories of their cars.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Best memory was of my brothers 89' 25th ani car... Seeing it smoke the tires down the whole block..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Best memory was of my brothers 89' 25th ani car... Seeing it smoke the tires down the whole block..
I do wanna do a burnout when I get the car lol
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Starting her up in a open gurage boy was she loud
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
In 4 days I'm picking up myself a fox body mustang 5.0 my first v8. My current car is a 2001 v6 I like it but I found this car a good deal so i wanna see what people favorite memories of their cars.
When I went to look at my mustang to buy it and it first started, vibrating smile ever and gave me chills...

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody

When I went to look at my mustang to buy it and it first started, vibrating smile ever and gave me chills...
Made me* not vibrating. Dumb spell check lol

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody

When I went to look at my mustang to buy it and it first started, vibrating smile ever and gave me chills...

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------



Made me* not vibrating. Dumb spell check lol
**** gave me the bigest smile ever. Lol new phone and the spell check is weird lol
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
When I first got my license years back I mistook a fox body for a muscular civic. I was in for a surprise
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Red Stallion 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 478
Dated a girl in high school that inherited a fox body GT. That old Ford leather really wipes clean easily
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
Dated a girl in high school that inherited a fox body GT. That old Ford leather really wipes clean easily
Hahaha
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Hmmm best memory would probably be stopping for gas every few days and getting asked of ( that thing got a cam in it? )
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Hmmm best memory would probably be stopping for gas every few days and getting asked of ( that thing got a cam in it? )
I love the people that ask "have any work into the car" and you can tell by the sound it does. Lol.
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Mine was the first time I drove one I was 15. We bought an 86' at an auction for $250.. I wasn't a ford fan really but when I heard the 5.0 start up I knew I had to bid on it so my mom and I bought it for $250 we had it towed to my moms boyfriends shop and he put in a new axle for me we tuned it up and added 4.10 gears.. It was stock besides that. So we finished everything up and he said take it out. Well of course I didn't have my license but there was a huge shopping center across the street. I took it over there and had a blast sliding and doing donuts. Came back and it was the first time I ever cussed in front of my mom.. I said " holy ***** that thing is fast" he said excuse me?? I said oops I mean really fast I love it!!! That hooked me for good. Even though shortly after it was taken from me by my mom cause I was a lil trouble maker.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Mine was the first time I drove one I was 15. We bought an 86' at an auction for $250.. I wasn't a ford fan really but when I heard the 5.0 start up I knew I had to bid on it so my mom and I bought it for $250 we had it towed to my moms boyfriends shop and he put in a new axle for me we tuned it up and added 4.10 gears.. It was stock besides that. So we finished everything up and he said take it out. Well of course I didn't have my license but there was a huge shopping center across the street. I took it over there and had a blast sliding and doing donuts. Came back and it was the first time I ever cussed in front of my mom.. I said " holy ***** that thing is fast" he said excuse me?? I said oops I mean really fast I love it!!! That hooked me for good. Even though shortly after it was taken from me by my mom cause I was a lil trouble maker.
Nice great story
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Here my new car

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120725_232152.png
Views:	116
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	60911



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120725_232214.png
Views:	117
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	60912

I will take some more pic tomorrow
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Learning to drive stick ... With no doors and only a driver seat haha. So fun! (it was being torn down to be made into a redneck dirt track car)
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mezmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 230
Re: best memory of a fox body mustang

I'd suggest taking better pictures, but it looks good nonetheless.

My memory is my friend doing donuts in his girlfriend's fox just out back of my work.
__________________
2004 Mustang Mach 1 - SY
Exhaust - Wanna be Flomasters...
JLT Ram Air Intake
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheLastDraggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 70
Watching my step brother do donuts in his red 88 GT vert with white top in the middle of town for about ten minutes and absolutely no traffic passing by.
TheLastDraggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: best memory of a fox body mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Learning to drive stick ... With no doors and only a driver seat haha. So fun! (it was being torn down to be made into a redneck dirt track car)
Learning how to drive a stick was probably my best memory, too; after all, I had to learn if I wanted to bring my first stang home Drove a stick around for a few days, and then adopted my V8 from the dealership soon after. Granted, I was still a little slow at getting into first, so it took me a little while before I could actually get the stang into the garage. (steep incline.) It was quite embarrssing :p

Wait, you learned in a car with no doors? Damn, that actually sounds like fun...and dangerous all at the same time lol
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Learning how to drive a stick was probably my best memory, too; after all, I had to learn if I wanted to bring my first stang home Drove a stick around for a few days, and then adopted my V8 from the dealership soon after. Granted, I was still a little slow at getting into first, so it took me a little while before I could actually get the stang into the garage. (steep incline.) It was quite embarrssing :p

Wait, you learned in a car with no doors? Damn, that actually sounds like fun...and dangerous all at the same time lol
Oh yes very dangerous if you knew how I drove it hahaha wow that's impressive! I got an auto bc I was a chicken sh** haha. I drive in a lot of traffic and a stick would not be good for me and my road rage haha. That's so great that u learned just so your car would be a little more bass. Lol
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Welder7018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
My best memory was i just love the body style of them
Welder7018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Re: best memory of a fox body mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Oh yes very dangerous if you knew how I drove it hahaha wow that's impressive! I got an auto bc I was a chicken sh** haha. I drive in a lot of traffic and a stick would not be good for me and my road rage haha. That's so great that u learned just so your car would be a little more bass. Lol
lol My previous car was an auto, too. A Mitsubishi Lancer. I went with a manual stang because I found shifting gears to be very engaging, though I found it scary at first. Granted, it does suck when I'm inching in traffic, but I like to think that everything fun comes with a consequence or two.
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

lol My previous car was an auto, too. A Mitsubishi Lancer. I went with a manual stang because I found shifting gears to be very engaging, though I found it scary at first. Granted, it does suck when I'm inching in traffic, but I like to think that everything fun comes with a consequence or two.
You are so right! Lancers are cool but not as cool as mustangs! Yes there is a sense of speed with it lol you feel bass lol!!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
fox body

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.