best memory of a fox body mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
best memory of a fox body mustang

In 4 days I'm picking up myself a fox body mustang 5.0 my first v8. My current car is a 2001 v6 I like it but I found this car a good deal so i wanna see what people favorite memories of their cars.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Best memory was of my brothers 89' 25th ani car... Seeing it smoke the tires down the whole block..
Old 07-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Best memory was of my brothers 89' 25th ani car... Seeing it smoke the tires down the whole block..
I do wanna do a burnout when I get the car lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Starting her up in a open gurage boy was she loud
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
In 4 days I'm picking up myself a fox body mustang 5.0 my first v8. My current car is a 2001 v6 I like it but I found this car a good deal so i wanna see what people favorite memories of their cars.
When I went to look at my mustang to buy it and it first started, vibrating smile ever and gave me chills...

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody

When I went to look at my mustang to buy it and it first started, vibrating smile ever and gave me chills...
Made me* not vibrating. Dumb spell check lol

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Made me* not vibrating. Dumb spell check lol
**** gave me the bigest smile ever. Lol new phone and the spell check is weird lol
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
When I first got my license years back I mistook a fox body for a muscular civic. I was in for a surprise
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Dated a girl in high school that inherited a fox body GT. That old Ford leather really wipes clean easily
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
Dated a girl in high school that inherited a fox body GT. That old Ford leather really wipes clean easily
Hahaha
Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Hmmm best memory would probably be stopping for gas every few days and getting asked of ( that thing got a cam in it? )
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Hmmm best memory would probably be stopping for gas every few days and getting asked of ( that thing got a cam in it? )
I love the people that ask "have any work into the car" and you can tell by the sound it does. Lol.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Mine was the first time I drove one I was 15. We bought an 86' at an auction for $250.. I wasn't a ford fan really but when I heard the 5.0 start up I knew I had to bid on it so my mom and I bought it for $250 we had it towed to my moms boyfriends shop and he put in a new axle for me we tuned it up and added 4.10 gears.. It was stock besides that. So we finished everything up and he said take it out. Well of course I didn't have my license but there was a huge shopping center across the street. I took it over there and had a blast sliding and doing donuts. Came back and it was the first time I ever cussed in front of my mom.. I said " holy ***** that thing is fast" he said excuse me?? I said oops I mean really fast I love it!!! That hooked me for good. Even though shortly after it was taken from me by my mom cause I was a lil trouble maker.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Mine was the first time I drove one I was 15. We bought an 86' at an auction for $250.. I wasn't a ford fan really but when I heard the 5.0 start up I knew I had to bid on it so my mom and I bought it for $250 we had it towed to my moms boyfriends shop and he put in a new axle for me we tuned it up and added 4.10 gears.. It was stock besides that. So we finished everything up and he said take it out. Well of course I didn't have my license but there was a huge shopping center across the street. I took it over there and had a blast sliding and doing donuts. Came back and it was the first time I ever cussed in front of my mom.. I said " holy ***** that thing is fast" he said excuse me?? I said oops I mean really fast I love it!!! That hooked me for good. Even though shortly after it was taken from me by my mom cause I was a lil trouble maker.
Nice great story
Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Here my new car

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120725_232152.png
Views:	116
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	60911

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120725_232214.png
Views:	117
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	60912

I will take some more pic tomorrow
Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Learning to drive stick ... With no doors and only a driver seat haha. So fun! (it was being torn down to be made into a redneck dirt track car)
Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: best memory of a fox body mustang

I'd suggest taking better pictures, but it looks good nonetheless.

My memory is my friend doing donuts in his girlfriend's fox just out back of my work.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Watching my step brother do donuts in his red 88 GT vert with white top in the middle of town for about ten minutes and absolutely no traffic passing by.
TheLastDraggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Learning to drive stick ... With no doors and only a driver seat haha. So fun! (it was being torn down to be made into a redneck dirt track car)
Learning how to drive a stick was probably my best memory, too; after all, I had to learn if I wanted to bring my first stang home Drove a stick around for a few days, and then adopted my V8 from the dealership soon after. Granted, I was still a little slow at getting into first, so it took me a little while before I could actually get the stang into the garage. (steep incline.) It was quite embarrssing :p

Wait, you learned in a car with no doors? Damn, that actually sounds like fun...and dangerous all at the same time lol

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Learning how to drive a stick was probably my best memory, too; after all, I had to learn if I wanted to bring my first stang home Drove a stick around for a few days, and then adopted my V8 from the dealership soon after. Granted, I was still a little slow at getting into first, so it took me a little while before I could actually get the stang into the garage. (steep incline.) It was quite embarrssing :p

Wait, you learned in a car with no doors? Damn, that actually sounds like fun...and dangerous all at the same time lol
Oh yes very dangerous if you knew how I drove it hahaha wow that's impressive! I got an auto bc I was a chicken sh** haha. I drive in a lot of traffic and a stick would not be good for me and my road rage haha. That's so great that u learned just so your car would be a little more bass. Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
My best memory was i just love the body style of them
Welder7018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Oh yes very dangerous if you knew how I drove it hahaha wow that's impressive! I got an auto bc I was a chicken sh** haha. I drive in a lot of traffic and a stick would not be good for me and my road rage haha. That's so great that u learned just so your car would be a little more bass. Lol
lol My previous car was an auto, too. A Mitsubishi Lancer. I went with a manual stang because I found shifting gears to be very engaging, though I found it scary at first. Granted, it does suck when I'm inching in traffic, but I like to think that everything fun comes with a consequence or two.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

lol My previous car was an auto, too. A Mitsubishi Lancer. I went with a manual stang because I found shifting gears to be very engaging, though I found it scary at first. Granted, it does suck when I'm inching in traffic, but I like to think that everything fun comes with a consequence or two.
You are so right! Lancers are cool but not as cool as mustangs! Yes there is a sense of speed with it lol you feel bass lol!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
fox body