sandstorm - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
sandstorm

This is what we have to deal with and it will come out of nowhere. Yes, its during the day and chokes out the sun to where its night like that. This is not the bad one, the bad one is where you see lightning. enjoy

southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
That doesn't look fun at all
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

nope, you get sand in every place you dont want it to be lol
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
nope, you get sand in every place you dont want it to be lol
I bet did you take the video?
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Naw, the video was taken sometime before we got here because one of the advance party guys for us was telling us about this storm. It actually was happening while we were in flight to here.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
This is what we have to deal with and it will come out of nowhere. Yes, its during the day and chokes out the sun to where its night like that. This is not the bad one, the bad one is where you see lightning. enjoy

That's nuts![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

I bet did you take the video?
I thought that too! The only guy crazy enough to go to sonic in his boxers!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Naw, the video was taken sometime before we got here because one of the advance party guys for us was telling us about this storm. It actually was happening while we were in flight to here.
Yah I know I wouldn't be standing in that shat lol
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: sandstorm

Wow, that's some gnarly, nasty stuff.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
That's nuts![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------



I thought that too! The only guy crazy enough to go to sonic in his boxers!
haha if you only knew me in person would you know what kinda guy you are talking too...im A junkie right lol

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
Yah I know I wouldn't be standing in that shat lol
Well its actually fun when one comes across you just zip up really tight near your arms, legs, and neck then grab you some goggles and a hoggie scarf to cover yout mouth and nose and your good. Depends on when it comes it you have no other choice if you want to eat, shower, or drain the lizard. The only ones that you can't go out in is the ones with the lightning, its like something you see out of a sci movie.

The ones I hate are the ones where you are on top of a aircraft and it comes up on you all of a sudden, thats usu the ones that arent so high in the air. The only thing you can do is get in the aircraft and sheild yourself.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post
haha if you only knew me in person would you know what kinda guy you are talking too...im A junkie right lol
---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Depends on when it comes it you have no other choice if you want to eat, shower, or drain the lizard. The only ones that you can't go out in is the ones with the lightning, its like something you see out of a sci movie.

I thought I was the only person to use that description on here.


I have our small dogs trained to recognize that description to mean for them go outside and pee.
Irritates the heck out of the wife, but the dogs respond to it eagerly every time.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
I hate sand storms when I was in Afghanistan. Pretty much every day for 120 days it sucked.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
I thought I was the only person to use that description on here.


I have our small dogs trained to recognize that description to mean for them go outside and pee.
Irritates the heck out of the wife, but the dogs respond to it eagerly every time.
well we got mustangs so we think alike I would say. haha, we have out pitbull to whine and sit at the door lol....its funny cuz he whines like a little kid lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
I hate sand storms when I was in Afghanistan. Pretty much every day for 120 days it sucked.
ya know, we have a crew at Bahgrum and they say they love the weather and havent seen any thing like what we get here in camp B. I hate it here because its nasty all the time....and hott!!!
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

well we got mustangs so we think alike I would say. haha, we have out pitbull to whine and sit at the door lol....its funny cuz he whines like a little kid lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------



ya know, we have a crew at Bahgrum and they say they love the weather and havent seen any thing like what we get here in camp B. I hate it here because its nasty all the time....and hott!!!
Yea I bet. I was in western Afghanistan 70 miles from irans border at a fob. It was either sweltering hot or really cold in like the 30 degree range.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: sandstorm

Off topic, but I really appreciate all of you men and women in the service, serving to protect our country and freedoms.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Off topic, but I really appreciate all of you men and women in the service, serving to protect our country and freedoms.
No problem!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
That looks kinda fun
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
Yea I bet. I was in western Afghanistan 70 miles from irans border at a fob. It was either sweltering hot or really cold in like the 30 degree range.
ah, yea I heard about that area from a friend of mine....its like the weather here lol ....its either hott or cold....mainly hott. We are ten miles away from the Iraq border so we get all of the dust storms and etc from iraq

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Off topic, but I really appreciate all of you men and women in the service, serving to protect our country and freedoms.
Your welcome, just another 7-4 job to me but I get to carry a weapon lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
That looks kinda fun
haha yea until you get sand in areas that it shouldnt been and you have to walk lol the Fun part is when you have to pick the sand booguries out of your nose....ya get some gerderns....lol
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

ah, yea I heard about that area from a friend of mine....its like the weather here lol ....its either hott or cold....mainly hott. We are ten miles away from the Iraq border so we get all of the dust storms and etc from iraq

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------



Your welcome, just another 7-4 job to me but I get to carry a weapon lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------



haha yea until you get sand in areas that it shouldnt been and you have to walk lol the Fun part is when you have to pick the sand booguries out of your nose....ya get some gerderns....lol
Nice! 7 to 4? I wish! We were working 9am to 10 pm.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
Nice! 7 to 4? I wish! We were working 9am to 10 pm.
We are aircraft engine guys for blackhawks so when there isnt much going on we were told to go back to our tents. We actually were working 7am to 7pm so it suxed for a good bit.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

We are aircraft engine guys for blackhawks so when there isnt much going on we were told to go back to our tents. We actually were working 7am to 7pm so it suxed for a good bit.
Oh ok! I'm security forces for the AF. So the Blackhawks and apaches were are back up over. Mostly the apaches. They saved us once on a fire fight over there.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Yea i think I remember you telling me that you were that. I bet thats a nice job at some point, unit you get shot at? Do yall go outside the wire like the Army and Marines do and do foot patrols? Thats what we have here is mainly Apaches but why i dont know, with a few blackhawk medivacs. Ya know the saying about Apaches, " When the Apache flies, everything dies." Here recently the Marines have brought in there cobras, hueys, and ospreys, man do they have a some cool stuff, the cobras alone are mean looking in flight and at a hover. I think there is even a gun ship Huey here, I noticed it today.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Yea i think I remember you telling me that you were that. I bet thats a nice job at some point, unit you get shot at? Do yall go outside the wire like the Army and Marines do and do foot patrols? Thats what we have here is mainly Apaches but why i dont know, with a few blackhawk medivacs. Ya know the saying about Apaches, " When the Apache flies, everything dies." Here recently the Marines have brought in there cobras, hueys, and ospreys, man do they have a some cool stuff, the cobras alone are mean looking in flight and at a hover. I think there is even a gun ship Huey here, I noticed it today.
Yea we go outside the wire. just depends on the mission we have on what we do. We do everything foot patrols convoys all that stuff. I like the saying. Sounds pretty cool for you guys.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

Oh wow, well I never go outside the wire unless a aircraft goes down or something or we go on a MWR trip lol. Man its a cool job but it gets really old when you have no engines to work on.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Oh wow, well I never go outside the wire unless a aircraft goes down or something or we go on a MWR trip lol. Man its a cool job but it gets really old when you have no engines to work on.
Yup! Yea it's always fun getting shot at. Lol... Before the air force I was in the navy as a jet engine mechanic on f-18's so I know how you feel.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: sandstorm

yeah I thought about switching to a combat MOS but when my job at fedex and making good money im just going to get out when my enlistment is up.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
yeah I thought about switching to a combat MOS but when my job at fedex and making good money im just going to get out when my enlistment is up.
Nice!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.