sandstorm - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

sandstorm

This is what we have to deal with and it will come out of nowhere. Yes, its during the day and chokes out the sun to where its night like that. This is not the bad one, the bad one is where you see lightning. enjoy

southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That doesn't look fun at all
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: sandstorm

nope, you get sand in every place you dont want it to be lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
nope, you get sand in every place you dont want it to be lol
I bet did you take the video?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Naw, the video was taken sometime before we got here because one of the advance party guys for us was telling us about this storm. It actually was happening while we were in flight to here.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
This is what we have to deal with and it will come out of nowhere. Yes, its during the day and chokes out the sun to where its night like that. This is not the bad one, the bad one is where you see lightning. enjoy

That's nuts![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

I bet did you take the video?
I thought that too! The only guy crazy enough to go to sonic in his boxers!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Naw, the video was taken sometime before we got here because one of the advance party guys for us was telling us about this storm. It actually was happening while we were in flight to here.
Yah I know I wouldn't be standing in that shat lol
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Wow, that's some gnarly, nasty stuff.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
That's nuts![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I thought that too! The only guy crazy enough to go to sonic in his boxers!
haha if you only knew me in person would you know what kinda guy you are talking too...im A junkie right lol

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
Yah I know I wouldn't be standing in that shat lol
Well its actually fun when one comes across you just zip up really tight near your arms, legs, and neck then grab you some goggles and a hoggie scarf to cover yout mouth and nose and your good. Depends on when it comes it you have no other choice if you want to eat, shower, or drain the lizard. The only ones that you can't go out in is the ones with the lightning, its like something you see out of a sci movie.

The ones I hate are the ones where you are on top of a aircraft and it comes up on you all of a sudden, thats usu the ones that arent so high in the air. The only thing you can do is get in the aircraft and sheild yourself.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post
haha if you only knew me in person would you know what kinda guy you are talking too...im A junkie right lol
---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Depends on when it comes it you have no other choice if you want to eat, shower, or drain the lizard. The only ones that you can't go out in is the ones with the lightning, its like something you see out of a sci movie.

I thought I was the only person to use that description on here.

I have our small dogs trained to recognize that description to mean for them go outside and pee.
Irritates the heck out of the wife, but the dogs respond to it eagerly every time.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I hate sand storms when I was in Afghanistan. Pretty much every day for 120 days it sucked.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
I thought I was the only person to use that description on here.

I have our small dogs trained to recognize that description to mean for them go outside and pee.
Irritates the heck out of the wife, but the dogs respond to it eagerly every time.
well we got mustangs so we think alike I would say. haha, we have out pitbull to whine and sit at the door lol....its funny cuz he whines like a little kid lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
I hate sand storms when I was in Afghanistan. Pretty much every day for 120 days it sucked.
ya know, we have a crew at Bahgrum and they say they love the weather and havent seen any thing like what we get here in camp B. I hate it here because its nasty all the time....and hott!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

well we got mustangs so we think alike I would say. haha, we have out pitbull to whine and sit at the door lol....its funny cuz he whines like a little kid lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

ya know, we have a crew at Bahgrum and they say they love the weather and havent seen any thing like what we get here in camp B. I hate it here because its nasty all the time....and hott!!!
Yea I bet. I was in western Afghanistan 70 miles from irans border at a fob. It was either sweltering hot or really cold in like the 30 degree range.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter

Off topic, but I really appreciate all of you men and women in the service, serving to protect our country and freedoms.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Off topic, but I really appreciate all of you men and women in the service, serving to protect our country and freedoms.
No problem!
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
That looks kinda fun
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I bet. I was in western Afghanistan 70 miles from irans border at a fob. It was either sweltering hot or really cold in like the 30 degree range.
ah, yea I heard about that area from a friend of mine....its like the weather here lol ....its either hott or cold....mainly hott. We are ten miles away from the Iraq border so we get all of the dust storms and etc from iraq

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Your welcome, just another 7-4 job to me but I get to carry a weapon lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
That looks kinda fun
haha yea until you get sand in areas that it shouldnt been and you have to walk lol the Fun part is when you have to pick the sand booguries out of your nose....ya get some gerderns....lol
Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

ah, yea I heard about that area from a friend of mine....its like the weather here lol ....its either hott or cold....mainly hott. We are ten miles away from the Iraq border so we get all of the dust storms and etc from iraq

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Your welcome, just another 7-4 job to me but I get to carry a weapon lol

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

haha yea until you get sand in areas that it shouldnt been and you have to walk lol the Fun part is when you have to pick the sand booguries out of your nose....ya get some gerderns....lol
Nice! 7 to 4? I wish! We were working 9am to 10 pm.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice! 7 to 4? I wish! We were working 9am to 10 pm.
We are aircraft engine guys for blackhawks so when there isnt much going on we were told to go back to our tents. We actually were working 7am to 7pm so it suxed for a good bit.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We are aircraft engine guys for blackhawks so when there isnt much going on we were told to go back to our tents. We actually were working 7am to 7pm so it suxed for a good bit.
Oh ok! I'm security forces for the AF. So the Blackhawks and apaches were are back up over. Mostly the apaches. They saved us once on a fire fight over there.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i think I remember you telling me that you were that. I bet thats a nice job at some point, unit you get shot at? Do yall go outside the wire like the Army and Marines do and do foot patrols? Thats what we have here is mainly Apaches but why i dont know, with a few blackhawk medivacs. Ya know the saying about Apaches, " When the Apache flies, everything dies." Here recently the Marines have brought in there cobras, hueys, and ospreys, man do they have a some cool stuff, the cobras alone are mean looking in flight and at a hover. I think there is even a gun ship Huey here, I noticed it today.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea i think I remember you telling me that you were that. I bet thats a nice job at some point, unit you get shot at? Do yall go outside the wire like the Army and Marines do and do foot patrols? Thats what we have here is mainly Apaches but why i dont know, with a few blackhawk medivacs. Ya know the saying about Apaches, " When the Apache flies, everything dies." Here recently the Marines have brought in there cobras, hueys, and ospreys, man do they have a some cool stuff, the cobras alone are mean looking in flight and at a hover. I think there is even a gun ship Huey here, I noticed it today.
Yea we go outside the wire. just depends on the mission we have on what we do. We do everything foot patrols convoys all that stuff. I like the saying. Sounds pretty cool for you guys.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Oh wow, well I never go outside the wire unless a aircraft goes down or something or we go on a MWR trip lol. Man its a cool job but it gets really old when you have no engines to work on.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh wow, well I never go outside the wire unless a aircraft goes down or something or we go on a MWR trip lol. Man its a cool job but it gets really old when you have no engines to work on.
Yup! Yea it's always fun getting shot at. Lol... Before the air force I was in the navy as a jet engine mechanic on f-18's so I know how you feel.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I thought about switching to a combat MOS but when my job at fedex and making good money im just going to get out when my enlistment is up.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah I thought about switching to a combat MOS but when my job at fedex and making good money im just going to get out when my enlistment is up.
Nice!
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar