How Much Did You Pay For Your Mustang? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #176
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
Your wrong last time they were selling a white mustang 5.0 2012 base automatic for 24,900 with 4k miles I guess dealerships has to sell their cars a lot cheaper because they are not selling?
Base auto for 24 and 4k miles is alot different than a fully loaded premium with brembo brakes and zero miles on it.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post

No like I said they had to drop the price cause winter was coming around the corner and they would lost alot of money having it sit over winter for 4-6 months. Both the black and white were around the same price the automatic was 28k cause it had the glass roof
I would have to see it to believe it.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Base auto for 24 and 4k miles is alot different than a fully loaded premium with brembo brakes and zero miles on it.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I would have to see it to believe it.
Well I don't really have to prove to anyone really it's common sense no dealer is going to take a hit for half a year on a sports car for winter. I wouldn't classify it as new as it had 800 Kms on it from the dealer owner using it and the paint had swirl marks everywhere and his excuse was his wife washed it by hand with towels. I told him to me it's not a brand new car because of all those reasons. Didn't look like a off the semi new. It was a small town dealer that was competing for my business as I threw in big dealers in the city that had my attention to. The salesman I was dealing with they all knew and wanted to beat him.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Well I don't really have to prove to anyone really it's common sense no dealer is going to take a hit for half a year on a sports car for winter. I wouldn't classify it as new as it had 800 Kms on it from the dealer owner using it and the paint had swirl marks everywhere and his excuse was his wife washed it by hand with towels. I told him to me it's not a brand new car because of all those reasons. Didn't look like a off the semi new. It was a small town dealer that was competing for my business as I threw in big dealers in the city that had my attention to. The salesman I was dealing with they all knew and wanted to beat him.
So you bought a used car. Real story came out...lol
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I can't find any used 2012 5.0 for 24k lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

So you bought a used car. Real story came out...lol
It's not used. It was still a dealer car. I didn't classify it as new cause of the km and the paint swirls. Used is when it's been sold to someone then sold back. It was never bought and was only
Used by the owner as a demo. So it's still new as it never left the hands of the dealer. I know it must be hard to understand being small minded and all but eventually you'll get it
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #181
Road Trip!

Quote:

Umm, no dealer is going to take a 10k loss on selling a car vs having it sit thru a winter. So no, it's not common sense. There are dealerships with 2012's right now still which means they sat thru one winter and going on two, and they are still priced way higher than what you say you got yours for. You would have a hard time finding a base 2012 v8 for 26 right now. Your right about not having to prove anything, but i absolutely don't believe you for one second.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

It depends on area I guess. We have long winters. Sometimes 6 months long. When the 13s came out the 12s dropped alot this dealer was the only one in the area with 2 5.0s left other dealers sold there's long ago and had 13s on the lot. It's not hard to believe I've seen brand new f350s etc go from 70 grand to 40 grand brand new.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Also a dealer I know in the city has a 12 boss still new it was 58 grand and now that's its winter it's been dropped to 42
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
As a mustang shopper there are 12s for about 25-26
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Umm, no dealer is going to take a 10k loss on selling a car vs having it sit thru a winter. So no, it's not common sense. There are dealerships with 2012's right now still which means they sat thru one winter and going on two, and they are still priced way higher than what you say you got yours for. You would have a hard time finding a base 2012 v8 for 26 right now. Your right about not having to prove anything, but i absolutely don't believe you for one second.
Ummm what would he gain from lying.. I'm curious...
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Royal oak Ford, new 2013 gt $25,500 and one for $26,200
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's not used. It was still a dealer car. I didn't classify it as new cause of the km and the paint swirls. Used is when it's been sold to someone then sold back. It was never bought and was only
Used by the owner as a demo. So it's still new as it never left the hands of the dealer. I know it must be hard to understand being small minded and all but eventually you'll get it
I don't care how you want to cut it....a car used by someone else for more than a few miles for a test drive is used...specially if it has been hand washed and everything.

You telling me it isn't used would be like going to an electronics store and buying a display model and telling me the display model is brand new.

You purchased a used car...there is no harm in that...but that is why you got it so cheap...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

You clearly don't understand the meaning of used and new. Most new vehicles get test driven and rack up maybe 200 miles? So that means they are used then right? Or if it even gets test driven once that means its used right? A vehicle that's in the hands of a dealer and hasn't been sold is classified as new. Regardless of Kms. Hence why if you buy a car and drive it off the lot it depreciates cause it's now become used. Every vehicle gets washed to after they land on a lot but this one was washed with towels.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #188
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post

Ummm what would he gain from lying.. I'm curious...
I don't know. I don't care either. I just don't believe him, that's all.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #189
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Base model v8's. good deal too. But not like the loaded premium this guy got.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You clearly don't understand the meaning of used and new. Most new vehicles get test driven and rack up maybe 200 miles? So that means they are used then right? Or if it even gets test driven once that means its used right? A vehicle that's in the hands of a dealer and hasn't been sold is classified as new. Regardless of Kms. Hence why if you buy a car and drive it off the lot it depreciates cause it's now become used. Every vehicle gets washed to after they land on a lot but this one was washed with towels.
So your telling me that when a dealer takes a brand new car and makes it a loaner...and then that car racks up thousands of miles, then they turn around and sell it, they can sell the car as new? By what you said it was in the hands of the dealer the whole time.

800km is far more than most cars see for test drives. My car sat on the lot for 3 months before I purchased it and I still drove it off the lot with 60 miles on it.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

So your telling me that when a dealer takes a brand new car and makes it a loaner...and then that car racks up thousands of miles, then they turn around and sell it, they can sell the car as new? By what you said it was in the hands of the dealer the whole time.

800km is far more than most cars see for test drives. My car sat on the lot for 3 months before I purchased it and I still drove it off the lot with 60 miles on it.
Yes that is right! I bought my Stang brand new and it had almost 300 miles on it. I undertand your point but the term used, in cars, refers that the vehicle has been titled by someone. So actually it does not depend on the amount of miles place on the vehicle.... its stupid ... I agree but thats how it is... It SHOULD be called a USED vehicle once it gets over 50 miles! But I don't make the rules : )
Thax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thax1 View Post

Yes that is right! I bought my Stang brand new and it had almost 300 miles on it. I undertand your point but the term used, in cars, refers that the vehicle has been titled by someone. So actually it does not depend on the amount of miles place on the vehicle.... its stupid ... I agree but thats how it is... It SHOULD be called a USED vehicle once it gets over 50 miles! But I don't make the rules : )
I get that. If the owner takes the car and drives it 500 miles themselves they are going to view and sell it as used. Even if by the books it shows as new.

I mean he has to have it plated to do that. Temp tag what have you.

Unless Canadian laws are different concerning license plates.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I get that. If the owner takes the car and drives it 500 miles themselves they are going to view and sell it as used. Even if by the books it shows as new.

Actually I am in Texas..... the dealer said they had to drive it from another dealer. It was already on the lot with the miles on it and it was the one I wanted so I bought it. Now if I had done a dealer located, and found the car I would have had them trailer the car to my dealership so it would not have the miles on it. So all that to say is they can just put a dealer plate on it and put miles on a NEW car then STILL sell it as a NEW car !!!! Crazy stuff...
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thax1 View Post

Actually I am in Texas..... the dealer said they had to drive it from another dealer. It was already on the lot with the miles on it and it was the one I wanted so I bought it. Now if I had done a dealer located, and found the car I would have had them trailer the car to my dealership so it would not have the miles on it. So all that to say is they can just put a dealer plate on it and put miles on a NEW car then STILL sell it as a NEW car !!!! Crazy stuff...
Oh yeah I was referring to the other guy. That is different though. You didn't have a dealer using the car as a personal car. He did.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yeah I was referring to the other guy. That is different though. You didn't have a dealer using the car as a personal car. He did.
True...
Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Yea dealers use these cars as personal for a while, I work difference dealerships and I see how they treat them... Just like they would theyre own cars, I see old drinks in there and food wrappers, they drive them for like about 3-4k miles and sell as a DEMO car after they give it a good wash
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's no different then letting a costumer have for a few days to drive it to see if they want it. If you worked for a dealership you would know how things work. It wasn't a demo cause it didn't exceed 1000 km I've seen alot of demos with around 5000 km sometimes more. As far as I know it was driven by only the owner and they told me he drove it respectfully and I said idc who you are if your driving a new 5.0 your not driving it respectfully and I demanded used price for it. To me new is with the sticker on it still and hasn't been in anyone's hands besides the dealers regardless of it being a demo. I test drove a new 5.0 convertible before I bought mine and it had 600 km. I also knew it was test driven alot and everyone bagged it.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

30k for my new 2011 5.0 premium with accessory package 5....then sold for 28500 after year and a half with 36k miles and paid 35k for my 2007 gt500 with 3k miles....535 rwhp 513 tq
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
2012 premium gt Brembo pack with 16k miles. 75k bumper to bumper 75k premium maintenance plan for $27k private sale
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Add TT&L and you're over $30k. I paid $2,200 just for an extended 7/70 plan.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
Add TT&L and you're over $30k. I paid $2,200 just for an extended 7/70 plan.
Ya you pay taxes on a snickers bar too.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Bunch of bs aint it
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

maybe if people posted their sticker people would believe them
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16
maybe if people posted their sticker people would believe them
Who pays sticker ?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who pays sticker ?
true didnt think of that one lol but they can still take a pic of the price they got out the door on the paper work. not saying everyone do that but the people saying they got these cars at crazy low prices that are trying to defend their stories.
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

I purchased a 2012 Shelby GT 500 with 4,500 miles for $49,000 this past March.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3693179522.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	124695  
Pmac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmac21 View Post
I purchased a 2012 Shelby GT 500 with 4,500 miles for $49,000 this past March.
So did u not want the 13?
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

22k 05 roush .... 33k on the odometer... Interior mint.... I like it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3788954579.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	124696   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3121756890.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	481.6 KB
ID:	124697  

Bongadier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongadier View Post
22k 05 roush .... 33k on the odometer... Interior mint.... I like it...
Suprecharged?
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

So did u not want the 13?
Hard to find one for under $60,000 even tho their msrp at $55
Pmac21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation