Scariest thing to happen to you? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Scariest thing to happen to you?

What is the scariest thin to happen to you as you were driving the Mustang?
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well no really driving, but my car got shot at my apartment complex when some dbags went after a sketchy guy living there (presumably dealing something) and shot it out in the parking lot. My car got hit... Collateral damage is suppose.

Hit the passenger side of the front facia through my front tire.

And I thought I lived in a nice part of Houston... Ohh wait, there is no nice part of Houston.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-493928312.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	444.6 KB
ID:	63297

Name:	image-2070253847.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	63298

It forced me to buy the rims / body kit I wanted prematurely!!! Ha. Thanks dbags!!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: Scariest thing to happen to you?

With in the first week of me getting my Mach 1, and also the first time owning/driving a manual, I took off abruptly from a stop and almost ran into a curb... Twice.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
One day I was heading up an on ramp just after it had rained!.. I punched it a bit and next thing I notice I'm heading straight into the guardrail!.. It's a miracle that I didn't hit anything!.. Or get hit by anything!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I was once driving home from an afternoon class, and i was slowing down to a stop at a light. Some kid in his fox body mustang (trying to race his body on a crotchrocket) didn't see the light, and slammed on the brake in a big puff of tire smoke. He literally stopped inches from my bumper. I looked in my rearview mirror and the kid was laughing, needless to say I almost went to jail that afternoon.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

First few weeks i had mine i was in line at mcdonalds,,a lady got in her car and preceded to back up without even looking,,i blew the horn and she still was coming back,,i was trapped between two cars,,so i hollered like a mad man and she finally stopped,,I think i freaked out a few people in the parling lot too,,lol
Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

All of those I'd be scared to! Mine is well stupid but true... I get scared EVERY-TIME I give my keys to a mechanic if it has to stay over night. You never know he could just take it outa state an scrap it
Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I was driving for work and stopped at a rest area, it was training like crazy and I had low tread on my tires. Leaving the rest area my rear end kept getting a little loose, but was fine. All of a sudden I hit a deep puddle and my car just loses traction, my traction control tried to correct by slowing down the wheels but instead it spun me across a very busy highway and I ended up slamming the center guardrail backwards, I ended resting in the right way in the rain perfectly on the shoulder. Slammed my head, wrist, and shoulder against the driver side door.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120813_000345.png
Views:	76
Size:	809.6 KB
ID:	63489   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120813_000432.png
Views:	68
Size:	775.6 KB
ID:	63490  

Name:	ForumRunner_20120813_000510.png
Views:	84
Size:	903.6 KB
ID:	63491  
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Semi ran a red light doing about 65mph
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120813_021959.png
Views:	86
Size:	858.1 KB
ID:	63503   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120813_022018.png
Views:	82
Size:	834.7 KB
ID:	63504  

fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone see my lights or front bumper?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
First 10 minutes of owning my mustang a crazy cat lady in a minivan ran a stop sign and about hit me. I figured out my brakes work.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Was stuck behind a Scott's lawn van for about 2 miles, had no where to pass him, finally I came up to a light that had a turn left, a middle and a right lane, after the light it merged back into one road. I get in the far right and the scotts vans in the middle. I didn't punch it I just casually pass him, and start merging over in front of him, well I caught a huge puddle of water(it had just rained and I had 0 tread on my tires) and my car went completely sideways an the next thing I knew I was looking at the side of this van.
Was able to catch the car from doing a complete 360, and finally got around the van.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmer
With in the first week of me getting my Mach 1, and also the first time owning/driving a manual, I took off abruptly from a stop and almost ran into a curb... Twice.
I actually went up a double curb when I punched it turning, I freaked out and turn sharp the opposite direction then thump thump im up the curbs, entire car not just the wheel. Broke a tired rod and now hear a loose like part on hard bumps={„ coming from my driver front ={„ first manual, first stang, first 300+ hp car
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Everytime I park my car I am scared. If I know we are going to Walmart, I won't even drive it. I will only park next to expensive cars to reduce my chance.
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream
What is the scariest thin to happen to you as you were driving the Mustang?
I was coming home from work at 4:00 in the morning. There was a heavy fog and I was passing through a trailer park town called Banquette. At the last second I see a small child standing in my lane wearing only a diaper and drinking a soda. I swerved and barely missed the child. I run to him and pick him up, he was crying and his diaper was leaking all over me. I changed him and made a makeshift diaper outa my sons sweater. I took him back to my car and called the police. It took the sheriff over an hour to meet up with me and nobody came looking for the child while I was waiting. The sheriff said he knew who the child belonged too. He took him and told me I could go. I said, I wanna see what kinda parents leave a child unattended at this age. He told me, son, this ain't the first time I've had to bring this boy back home after he wandered off. I'll handle it go on about your way. In a backwoods redneck kinda way I felt like he was threatening me. Really all I could do was call child services in the morning, which I did.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt View Post
Everytime I park my car I am scared. If I know we are going to Walmart, I won't even drive it. I will only park next to expensive cars to reduce my chance.
I know what u mean,,My girlfreind gets mad because we have to park so far away from everything..I wont drive it over where she lives,,because the parking spots are to close,,lol..I let girlfreind drive her sometimes,,but man im nervous,,not the way she drives,,but how she pulls all the way up to a curb,,I told her all curbs are not created equal,,lol..
Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt
Yesterday when I was leaving work, grocery store at 10:00 pm, I come out and there were 2 customer vehicles and one is right next to me and he is an old expedition. That guy almost went home without a side view mirror.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
First few weeks i had mine i was in line at mcdonalds,,a lady got in her car and preceded to back up without even looking,,i blew the horn and she still was coming back,,i was trapped between two cars,,so i hollered like a mad man and she finally stopped,,I think i freaked out a few people in the parling lot too,,lol
I woulda got out and started punching the s*** outa her car lol
Old 08-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Semi ran a red light doing about 65mph
Was it totaled?
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

Was it totaled?
Nah, it'll buff right out.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

I know what u mean,,My girlfreind gets mad because we have to park so far away from everything..I wont drive it over where she lives,,because the parking spots are to close,,lol..I let girlfreind drive her sometimes,,but man im nervous,,not the way she drives,,but how she pulls all the way up to a curb,,I told her all curbs are not created equal,,lol..
Lol. Yeah, my girlfriend is alway like "u can squeeze in that spot" and I'm like "heck no!!"
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomo2

Was it totaled?
Yeah, it bent the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Nah, it'll buff right out.
Didn't even think of buffing it i just used plasti dip!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Yeah, it bent the frame.

Didn't even think of buffing it i just used plasti dip!
Hahaha!! Plastidip works for everything!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

And i know how you guys feel about the girlfriends driving. Its the most nerve racking thing in the world. My girlfriend has the problem where she always waits till last minute to stop! It scares the crap out of me. For instance when i know a stop is coming up i gradually slow down and creep up to the stop. Not ridiculously slow but im sure you guys know what i mean. My woman will wait till she HAS to stop before she slams on the brakes! No matter what it is! Lol! But i still love her!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

I was making a turn on a side road from our major highway. (i live in the country) As i made the turn and straightened up, i let second gear open up a little. i literally went 40 yards and this deer is just looking at me. I'm saying oh **** at this point, i swerved and lost the tail end, caught back traction by this time i had already over corrected and was headed straight for a ditch on the side of a field. My car was literally diagonal across the ditch, i could sit indian style under the passenger rear tire and it never touch my head. Called my friend to tow me out, inspected the damage, only cosmetic. Dent in the bumper was removed with a hair dryer, lost some paint and ripped the edge of the bumper by the fender well.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lady cut into me taping my front driver side bumper (no damage to the bumper) made me swerve and run into the curb luckly just missing that pole... and the lady took off only thing i had to get fixed was my allignment

Name:	ForumRunner_20120814_233650.png
Views:	73
Size:	710.8 KB
ID:	63875
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
I was making a turn on a side road from our major highway. (i live in the country) As i made the turn and straightened up, i let second gear open up a little. i literally went 40 yards and this deer is just looking at me. I'm saying oh **** at this point, i swerved and lost the tail end, caught back traction by this time i had already over corrected and was headed straight for a ditch on the side of a field. My car was literally diagonal across the ditch, i could sit indian style under the passenger rear tire and it never touch my head. Called my friend to tow me out, inspected the damage, only cosmetic. Dent in the bumper was removed with a hair dryer, lost some paint and ripped the edge of the bumper by the fender well.
How do you remove a dent with a hair dryer?
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04

How do you remove a dent with a hair dryer?
It was in the front bumper right where it creases. Heat up the plastic and it becomes soft, pushed it right out.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It was in the front bumper right where it creases. Heat up the plastic and it becomes soft, pushed it right out.
Gotya Good thing to know thanks!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gotya Good thing to know thanks!
No problem! I didn't think it would work, but its common sense now. Heat makes plastic soft and soft plastic is easy to manipulate. Just make sure to keep moving the heat back and forth though, don't want to keep it in one spot then mess the paint up.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem! I didn't think it would work, but its common sense now. Heat makes plastic soft and soft plastic is easy to manipulate. Just make sure to keep moving the heat back and forth though, don't want to keep it in one spot then mess the paint up.
That'd be ****ing great a dent and messed up paint! Makin it look even worse
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That'd be ****ing great a dent and messed up paint! Makin it look even worse
Haha! I got to replace my bumper, so im just saving up for a cobra bumper to throw up there with a complete new paint job! Haha! Yeah that ditch scraped a lot of my paint off and theres nothing i can do about the tear. Might as well just hit 2 birds with one stone.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I was coming home from work at 4:00 in the morning. There was a heavy fog and I was passing through a trailer park town called Banquette. At the last second I see a small child standing in my lane wearing only a diaper and drinking a soda. I swerved and barely missed the child. I run to him and pick him up, he was crying and his diaper was leaking all over me. I changed him and made a makeshift diaper outa my sons sweater. I took him back to my car and called the police. It took the sheriff over an hour to meet up with me and nobody came looking for the child while I was waiting. The sheriff said he knew who the child belonged too. He took him and told me I could go. I said, I wanna see what kinda parents leave a child unattended at this age. He told me, son, this ain't the first time I've had to bring this boy back home after he wandered off. I'll handle it go on about your way. In a backwoods redneck kinda way I felt like he was threatening me. Really all I could do was call child services in the morning, which I did.
I just felt the need to say thank you. Thank you for stopping and thank you for caring!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Fish tailed going 100 mph
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Speed wobble while on the rear tire of an R1 @ 160+