Deep thoughts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Deep thoughts

We all have those deep thoughts that thing that really made you think long and hard. What made you think hard today?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

For me it's a big decision about my education.
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Finding my self dissatisfied 5 years into my "career" in IT.

And contemplating the future and my options in a dismal economy.

Ohh well... Time to stare are my Stang and feel better!!!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Thoughts about my education and eventually owning the family business.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've been running my own business for a wile now and I love being in charge of my time and being able to make my own rules but today I put in an application for a job ill have very little control over something I never thought I'd do again and the job will require me to shut down my business.

I've got 2 kids one year and one 2 months and I've started thinking about their future and my salary should increase about 8 times. But I've never been so stressed and conflicted in my life.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hoping I will be able to get the money for school. I'll be the first to attend any form of school after highschool. Trying to make things better for myself and maybe one day find a girl worth a damn who will actually appreciate me for who i am.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
I've been running my own business for a wile now and I love being in charge of my time and being able to make my own rules but today I put in an application for a job ill have very little control over something I never thought I'd do again and the job will require me to shut down my business.

I've got 2 kids one year and one 2 months and I've started thinking about their future and my salary should increase about 8 times. But I've never been so stressed and conflicted in my life.
Have you looked into the book entre leadership? daveramsey.com/entreleadership/ It's a tough decision.

A friend of mine informed of a minimum wage job today.

So my next internal argument: I'm like I'd like something a few days a week, but that's a huge pay cut for me. But I don't have a steady job.

I'm also in talks with a company, he assures me as soon as an opening comes up he'd like to bring me on board.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Deep thoughts

Lotta thoughts about settling into my new job. I just recently transitioned from a Data Entry Operator at a Saudi Arabian Travel Agency to an Office Manager at a home healthcare facility. Two different worlds, but it's nice to know that a higher salary means I can pay off my stang faster lol

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31
Lotta thoughts about settling into my new job. I just recently transitioned from a Data Entry Operator at a Saudi Arabian Travel Agency to an Office Manager at a home healthcare facility. Two different worlds, but it's nice to know that a higher salary means I can pay off my stang faster lol
Wow I'll say.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I really love my job,,i figure out whats wrong with cars and trucks,,mostly electronic diagnosis,,But i work with govt fleet,,so i dont get but your basic cars and trucks,,90% fords..And my pay sux,,im afraid to change ,,because im 43,,my back is f%^&k up and my knees,,dont know if i could keep up in a dealership..Plus i try to do everything perfect as i can,,you cant do that in dealership and make money
Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
I really love my job,,i figure out whats wrong with cars and trucks,,mostly electronic diagnosis,,But i work with govt fleet,,so i dont get but your basic cars and trucks,,90% fords..And my pay sux,,im afraid to change ,,because im 43,,my back is f%^&k up and my knees,,dont know if i could keep up in a dealership..Plus i try to do everything perfect as i can,,you cant do that in dealership and make money
I've worked for Koons Toyota just a little under a year ago. I didn't work at the service department; I was a customer service manager for sales. I never found out the details, but the service guys got paid ****. It was to the point where their motivation to work must've been fading because they received low points on the customer satisfaction surveys. Lots of customer complaints on top of that. From what I could see, working at a dealership (or at least the Koons Toyota in Vienna, VA,) just isn't worth it. And quite frankly, I had problems of my own there, too.

Once I used my employee discount to buy my stang (my manager had connections with the manager at my local Ford,) I switched jobs not too long after.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar