$.50 Gas tax? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
$.50 Gas tax?

I say this is a terrific idea...let's rush this plan right into effect...and while we're at it, let's make it retroactive...that will teach us.

FOXNews.com - Michigan Congressman Wants 50-Cent Tax Hike on Every Gallon of Gas - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: $.50 Gas tax?

Fine by me, less ppl on the road lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Fine by me, less ppl on the road lol.
At $4 per gallon, I stop coming to work...and will proceed to work from home.

The end of the article was great...listing that all three of the turd sandwiches we have to choose from are all for raising prices to "penalize polluters".
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
At $4 per gallon, I stop coming to work...and will proceed to work from home.

The end of the article was great...listing that all three of the turd sandwiches we have to choose from are all for raising prices to "penalize polluters".
That's exactly the response I'm hoping for, the drop in income taxes will be welcomed though. I drive all day for my job and the traffic is beginning to get annoying.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
That's exactly the response I'm hoping for, the drop in income taxes will be welcomed though. I drive all day for my job and the traffic is beginning to get annoying.
Yes, however you are not paying for gas either. The only people that will gain from it are those like yourself that do not pay for gas....however, there will be a few of those that will also take the hit when their company has to cut back employees in order to maintain their profit levels...and cuts usually start at the bottom.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Oh yeah...then also add in the fact that everything else is going to go up in price even more because the shipping companies raise their rates which in turn causes the production companies to raise their rates....so, that $.50 increase will never be offset by any tax changes...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Oh yeah...then also add in the fact that everything else is going to go up in price even more because the shipping companies raise their rates which in turn causes the production companies to raise their rates....so, that $.50 increase will never be offset by any tax changes...
nope. shipping industry is already getting raped by fuel surcharges up the *******.

i wonder if these people remember why the american revolution was started in the first place. it seems they skipped that day in their history class. which tells me its time yet again for another revolution

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
nope. shipping industry is already getting raped by fuel surcharges up the *******.
So you mean that because they are getting raped now, getting raped with more fuel taxes won't make them raise their rates anymore? I guess I didn't think that through enough before I made my ignorant comment.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

this is why im buying a car thats good on gas this summer (probably a mazda 3i). the situation is only going to get worse. ill save money on car payments, insurance, and gas. ill put the money aside for some project someday.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

I barely drive my care anymore, I mostly get @ on my motorcycle, and if gas prices continue to rise I guess I'll become a hermit and never leave my house. I paid 3.50 sumtin yesterday for reg that's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ That's my goal as well...to get a bike and just use the car for shows and what not.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #12
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I can't wait till January 20, 2009. It'll be one of the happiest days of my life, no matter who wins in November.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I can't wait till January 20, 2009. It'll be one of the happiest days of my life, no matter who wins in November.
explain
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
explain
He's tired of having all that extra money to buy new toys and such....it's probably giving him a back ache from making his wallet so thick...he's looking forward to it so he can go on the new tax diet to come.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
explain
The end of the W era

Quote:
He's tired of having all that extra money to buy new toys and such....it's probably giving him a back ache from making his wallet so thick...he's looking forward to it so he can go on the new tax diet to come.

Reddit
Old 03-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

maybe if it was something like consumers pay 50 cents more but industry pays 50 cents less or something to help lower prices but that wont ever work... its just a bad idea all around.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
maybe if it was something like consumers pay 50 cents more but industry pays 50 cents less or something to help lower prices but that wont ever work... its just a bad idea all around.
Yeah, that won't work at all...cause the spirit of the proposal is to hurt the big polluters...and who are the big polluters? Big rigs do a lot more driving and emit a lot more emissions than normal drivers....so they are in the bullseye of this bill.

Oh yeah, and all the politicians with their flying all over the country on chartered jets...and driving all over in their campaign buses...but they don't need to foot that bill themselves...so their safe.

But....at least W will be gone
Old 03-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
So what exactly does one dumb republican president leaving office have to do with a dumb democratic state representative trying to pass a dumb bill?
Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #19
Regular

because that one dumb republican president has put us in a position where 4 dollar gasoline is enough to put a strain on Americans. If it was just gas going up it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now. We have been through two recessions in the time Bush has graced us in the White House. Granted the first one wasn't completely his fault but this one is all his to bask in. Gas prices are just another thing going wrong in this country. That dumb democratic senator could place that .50 tax on us in 2000 and we'd still have lower gas prices than we did today.

Reddit
Old 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Well, rather than having the future idiot add insult to injury in our wallet, I would vote for whoever wants to actually lower prices by doing something sensible.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	18874  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Well, rather than having the future idiot add insult to injury in our wallet, I would vote for whoever wants to actually lower prices by doing something sensible.....
The problem isn't the oil supply...its the refineries turning it into gas...and the fact that price is determined by guesses in the wind.

Free up refineries to make more gas....allow them to build new ones...convince these companies they either need to make more or pay the penalty...then you will help fix the problem.

There's a ton of oil in the gulf too....and I have talked with a number of rig workers that say a number of rigs are drilled and capped for later use...just sitting idle. It isn't the oil supply...it is that we can't meet the demand with our refineries due to environmental restrictions...and the fact that we let a bunch of tards that hate us dictate the price.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

*moves closer to workplace, buys bicycle, garages car, saves money*

Old 03-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
Regular

Quote:
The problem isn't the oil supply...its the refineries turning it into gas...and the fact that price is determined by guesses in the wind.

Free up refineries to make more gas....allow them to build new ones...convince these companies they either need to make more or pay the penalty...then you will help fix the problem.

There's a ton of oil in the gulf too....and I have talked with a number of rig workers that say a number of rigs are drilled and capped for later use...just sitting idle. It isn't the oil supply...it is that we can't meet the demand with our refineries due to environmental restrictions...and the fact that we let a bunch of tards that hate us dictate the price.
Exactly

Reddit
Old 03-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:

agreed BUT i think we should still try to ween ourself off of oil anyways while we have so much momentum in that direction. you are right... there is plenty of oil left, but its in the hands of corrupt. times were good, but we both know that we arent going to just wake up one morning and see it at 1.09 again. its just like water... we all know its friggin everywhere... but the fact is that bottled water is expensive and probably will always be expensive. ironically, there is no reason we shouldnt be able to find some sort of alternative fuel that is efficient, doesn't pollute, found everywhere, etc... and im positive that once we do its only a matter of time before the process cycles again.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

even if it is slower to make it still costs us the same (plus we dont buy sweet oil thats always the advertised barrel price) we buy crude (sour) oil for much cheaper to refine. Even then why do we get stuck with high prices and they make more and more money. I understand that if oil prices per barrel go up but then why do the oil companies profits go up much more than average inflation every year?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

I work so I have money to drive. If i want anything else Ill need a second job ...
Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So you mean that because they are getting raped now, getting raped with more fuel taxes won't make them raise their rates anymore? I guess I didn't think that through enough before I made my ignorant comment.
lol hahaha i ****ed up my wording, i meant to agree with you, as in nope to agree with not offsetting whatever.

english>me

Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
is it just me or do i remember a time where GWB was the most awesomest guy to you?

are you also one of those people that everytime someone like Creed plays on the radio you turn the channel and go "**** creed, creed is gayer than piss" but yet you probably have bought all their cd's at one time?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #29
Regular

Quote:
is it just me or do i remember a time where GWB was the most awesomest guy to you?

are you also one of those people that everytime someone like Creed plays on the radio you turn the channel and go "**** creed, creed is gayer than piss" but yet you probably have bought all their cd's at one time?
Back then I played party lines no matter what. Now I don't. Simple as that.

Reddit
Old 03-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

ah kinda like only rooting for the winning team at the time..........

Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Well, so much for gas prices going down...
chris098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #32
Regular

Quote:
ah kinda like only rooting for the winning team at the time..........
Huh? I'm not supporting a President just because he is Republican and 3-4 years ago that's what I would do.

Reddit
Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

hmm this would be the perfect plan to get your self voted out of office. honestly i think this country could use some sort of revoloution, not bloodshed though, to get some idiots out of office.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar