Pissed... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

I'm a smoker and refuse to smoke in my own cars, so nobody else does. I once dated a cute girl who wanted to smoke in my Cadillac because it was cold outside (I would stand outside and smoke, always)... made a big deal of it even, needless to say she didn't smoke in it, but not for lack of trying. I didn't see her anymore after that, it showed disrespect, and I wasn't going to have a woman like that. You need mutual respect, she didn't make the cut, no matter how cute she was.

I guess you could say i'm kind of strict about it.

Your friends and coworkers need to respect you, because it's your vehicle, and your call.
Right on! And fortunately all my friends do!
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
On my way back from North Carolina, the few times that I wanted a cig, I pulled over and smoked. I don't smoke in my car. I finally got the car I want, paid for, not trying to rag it out.
Plus you have to clean your windows more often too lol
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I don't let anyone smoke in my car

Don't fart in my car
Only person I trust to eat in my car is me an dad I stop and eat
Oh yeah no backseat driving
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post
I'm a smoker and refuse to smoke in my own cars, so nobody else does. I once dated a cute girl who wanted to smoke in my Cadillac because it was cold outside (I would stand outside and smoke, always)... made a big deal of it even, needless to say she didn't smoke in it, but not for lack of trying. I didn't see her anymore after that, it showed disrespect, and I wasn't going to have a woman like that. You need mutual respect, she didn't make the cut, no matter how cute she was.

I guess you could say i'm kind of strict about it.

Your friends and coworkers need to respect you, because it's your vehicle, and your call.
You have every right to be strict. I will go from an angel to a demon if anyone disrespects me and my ride. In fact, don't even ask me if you can drive it. (One of my guy friends wanted to get behind the wheel, and I gave him the death glare. lol)

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

You have every right to be strict. I will go from an angel to a demon if anyone disrespects me and my ride. In fact, don't even ask me if you can drive it. (One of my guy friends wanted to get behind the wheel, and I gave him the death glare. lol)
Lol I let my cousin drive mine. Only cause he's my cousin and talked me into getting it. And he has a few mustangs himself
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
I understand, i'm not one to let anyone borrow or drive my cars.

It's not so much because I care if they drive it or not, it is more from past experience. If they are qualified to operate & respect a 400+ horsepower beast, and can afford to fix it should they do any damage...no problem, go for it, here's the keys, don't kill yourself! This situation rarely happens though... I've loaned out cars before to help friends in need, to have them totaled, and to take the financial hit myself for the repairs, so I no longer do this.

I love reminding people they can call Enterprise, and they'll pick ya up!
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's not so much because I care if they drive it or not, it is more from past experience. If they are qualified to operate & respect a 400+ horsepower beast, and can afford to fix it should they do any damage...no problem, go for it, here's the keys, don't kill yourself! This situation rarely happens though... I've loaned out cars before to help friends in need, to have them totaled, and to take the financial hit myself for the repairs, so I no longer do this.

Oh I'd be PO'd if I loaned my car out and it got totaled. I'd have to wreck shop. I don't even like back seat passengers. Much less someone else getting behind the wheel
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post
Oh I'd be PO'd if I loaned my car out and it got totaled. I'd have to wreck shop. I don't even like back seat passengers. Much less someone else getting behind the wheel
The car was only a winter beater, that I had about $650 into...but man was I mad. It was a nice clean old Acura, and it only had 60k miles on it.. I parted it out and made some of my money back, had he not hit a concrete barrier and a guardrail, more of it would have been salvageable.

It was a pretty messed up situation, but honestly it could have been worse, and nobody was seriously injured. In my friends defense, it wasn't so much his fault, he had a tire blow and the tread separate at 70 mph on a curved section on the highway. There wasn't much he could do but to hold on and wait for the crunch.

The moral of the story, had i been driving it, i'd have only been pissed at myself.
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The car was only a winter beater, that I had about $650 into...but man was I mad. It was a nice clean old Acura, and it only had 60k miles on it.. I parted it out and made some of my money back, had he not hit a concrete barrier and a guardrail, more of it would have been salvageable.

It was a pretty messed up situation, but honestly it could have been worse, and nobody was seriously injured. In my friends defense, it wasn't so much his fault, he had a tire blow and the tread separate at 70 mph on a curved section on the highway. There wasn't much he could do but to hold on and wait for the crunch.

The moral of the story, had i been driving it, i'd have only been pissed at myself.
Yeah 6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other.
Coulda been anyone. At least he held it together and made it out safe.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post
Lol I let my cousin drive mine. Only cause he's my cousin and talked me into getting it. And he has a few mustangs himself
I have a brother and cousin who have both driven my car. They're the only two I trust. I know they'll take care of it. My cousin first taught me how to drive stick, and my bro has been driving a stick for way longer than I have. He has the Genesis Coupe. Anyone else who wants to drive can just back away. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post

Yeah, the fact that the new engine packs 400+hp makes me even more protective of my car. I like to think that some people can't handle that much power. I don't want to be responsible for someone else's recklessness. It's my guy friends that I fear. I'll just buy them one of those toy steering wheels, and they can use their imagination lol

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I hate when people toss their crap out of their car, with a vert its even worse because it can fly back and land in your back seat.... my seats are NOT cheap.

At least in your cas you can find some cheap OEM cloth covers for nearly nothing pull a park junk yard etc) and back seats are mostly all new unless sun faded condition wise.

Everyone please be considerate (normal) and dont toss crap out of your car.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

I have a brother and cousin who have both driven my car. They're the only two I trust. I know they'll take care of it. My cousin first taught me how to drive stick, and my bro has been driving a stick for way longer than I have. He has the Genesis Coupe. Anyone else who wants to drive can just back away. Lol

Yeah, the fact that the new engine packs 400+hp makes me even more protective of my car. I like to think that some people can't handle that much power. I don't want to be responsible for someone else's recklessness. It's my guy friends that I fear. I'll just buy them one of those toy steering wheels, and they can use their imagination lol
Lol haha. That's too funny
Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
[QUOTE="NicholasP;1379680"]

Oh my gosh!!! Will you ever stop!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

I
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This is a funny Thread, not really what I expected. It's some crule people on here. Only like one or two made real advice comments. I'll have to make sure I never put myself out there on here with a questionable post.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post
This is a funny Thread, not really what I expected. It's some crule people on here. Only like one or two made real advice comments. I'll have to make sure I never put myself out there on here with a questionable post.
+1000. Lmao
Deibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post
Yep and it's getting worse everyday I notice, if someone asks for advice, and u have a problem with what there saying/asking, Why not hit the back button and leave the thread? No need to attack and comment something crule/rude..To the OP, I had the same problem in my old 99...I purchased a kit that patched it up and nearly made it invisible to see, but I always noticed it cuz I patched it, no1 else could notice it tho, I'll try to find the kit for ya and send a link.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It was not the passengers fault at all

He was doing exactly what most people that smoke do. He was being inconsiderate and not giving a crap about what his lit cigarette could do. People throwing butt's out of car windows have started many fires and some of the fires got very big and burnt peoples houses down to the ground.

If anyone lights up a cigarette or cigar on my property I will kick the **** out of them. I don't let anybody at all to blow %#$%^$ smoke around me. Second hand smoke is as bad as sucking on the cigarette and I'm not feeling sorry for you because the lit butt landed on your back seat. It could have been much worse if it did land on the side of the road and started a large brush fire that ignited a house or two.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar