Careless People–Keying, Opening their Door, etc into the Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Careless People–Keying, Opening their Door, etc into the Stang

Share your stories and experiences in people's disrespect for other's stuff. How to avoid these conflicts? Best place to park? All the helpful hints and tips to keep my baby from dents and scratches! Share your stories as well! Could be humorous
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
People used to ding my car all the time, and I got a new paint job and it's happened twice in the last 4-5 months.
I work inside a walmart, and I park night up against the basket return stall, but only on the side that is closed, so no baskets can hit my passenger side and the person who parks in the spot next to me always has more than enough room to park and open their door. Or I park right next to a curb as close as I can get or next to other nice cars.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Never ever park in front of a drive way. People like to drive in and back out when trying to turn their car around. I learn that the hard way with my first mustang. Came outside and seen a big dent on the driver door. Also try not to park on small streets where cars drive in the middle of the street. I had my mirror ripped off. Smdh
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
car got keyed on both sides while in PCB,FL
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I Parked my car at work one night only to come out of work that morning and find the person in front of me parked their car all up on my front bumper luckly there was no damage.if I wasn't at work I would have keyed their car or waited for them to come out and scared them to the point where they would of never done that again.they don't call me a crazy black women for nothing.lol.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
People used to ding my car all the time, and I got a new paint job and it's happened twice in the last 4-5 months.
I work inside a walmart, and I park night up against the basket return stall, but only on the side that is closed, so no baskets can hit my passenger side and the person who parks in the spot next to me always has more than enough room to park and open their door. Or I park right next to a curb as close as I can get or next to other nice cars.
Did u ever consider ppl throwing the shopping cart from far away missing and hitting your rear or front bumper!!?? That pops up in my mind all the time... you need to find a better spot in a corner all the way out further
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Sister-in-law and/or her kids have dinged my wife's car like 50 times with their door. I dont deal with them at all regarding problems b/c it gets ugly quick. Had her car repainted, got dinged again. Bought a new car, dinged again. Parked my car next to them one time, one, and got a fat f***ing chip in my p/s fender. They will be paying me the $450 to get it fixed and every other ding they cause in my wife's car. Ive had it with their s**t.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Sister-in-law and/or her kids have dinged my wife's car like 50 times with their door. I dont deal with them at all regarding problems b/c it gets ugly quick. Had her car repainted, got dinged again. Bought a new car, dinged again. Parked my car next to them one time, one, and got a fat f***ing chip in my p/s fender. They will be paying me the $450 to get it fixed and every other ding they cause in my wife's car. Ive had it with their s**t.
I cant stand ppl like that. like seriously have respect for people's property
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I can't stand for people to lean on my car! The other night at a local hangout we have I noticed a rather large chick all posted up on the side of my Shelby. I was pissed but nicely asked her to move and she said "oh is this ur car? Well he said I could lean on it". Pointing to another guy who didnt own the car either. Long story short it turned into an argument between the 3 of us that almost turned to blows! People are so disrespectful of others.
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I can't stand for people to lean on my car! The other night at a local hangout we have I noticed a rather large chick all posted up on the side of my Shelby. I was pissed but nicely asked her to move and she said "oh is this ur car? Well he said I could lean on it". Pointing to another guy who didnt own the car either. Long story short it turned into an argument between the 3 of us that almost turned to blows! People are so disrespectful of others.
Who gives a s*** who owns the car! It's a Shelby! Get your fat a$$ off of it!!! Haha.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post
Man, can't stand leaners either. Damn jeans make scratches. Plus, can't stand ppl who slam doors. Wtf? It's not a damn bank vault!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Really I mean of u wanna lean on a mustang go to the dealership buy u one and lean on it all day. I do t pay my car payment for my car to b a frickin couch

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Slamming doors drives me nuts too and hand prints.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Really I mean of u wanna lean on a mustang go to the dealership buy u one and lean on it all day. I do t pay my car payment for my car to b a frickin couch

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Slamming doors drives me nuts too and hand prints.
I know my car doesn't cost 50k $ but I will tell someone to get off my car. and I have on many occasions. I'm just like Yo! is my car a lawn chair? no. plz have respect and get off.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If i go to the gym after 5 pm i just park all the way in the shopping mall across the street and just walk a long way to the gym because it is hard to park in a decent side parking spot.

Have any of you ever parked in the handicap parking space just because they are wider?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
If i go to the gym after 5 pm i just park all the way in the shopping mall across the street and just walk a long way to the gym because it is hard to park in a decent side parking spot.

Have any of you ever parked in the handicap parking space just because they are wider?
Nope! That's not cool.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Nope! That's not cool.
Down here in miami people are a** holes, u always see lifted trucks and little ricer hondas in them.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Down here in miami people are a** holes, u always see lifted trucks and little ricer hondas in them.
Could be a good way to get keyed by someone who thinks you aren't handicapped. Of course, you can get a ticket doing that too.

I'm not saying you do this.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2

Did u ever consider ppl throwing the shopping cart from far away missing and hitting your rear or front bumper!!?? That pops up in my mind all the time... you need to find a better spot in a corner all the way out further
Oh lord, now I'm worried lol.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
Yup, I never park anywhere near a carriage return. Lots are always sloped down to the carriage return areas too, so theyre like cart magnets. Stay far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012
I cant stand ppl like that. like seriously have respect for people's property
I know, right. Theyve lived next to us for 8 years (YOURE WELCOME FOR PROVIDING YOU A HOUSE BTW!!!) and Ive never once dinged any of their cars. Not that they'd notice with those POSs they drive, but my point being, ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT!
/rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
Who gives a s*** who owns the car! It's a Shelby! Get your fat a$$ off of it!!! Haha.
Ha ha...exactly!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I yelled at some stupid girl for leaning against my mother-in-laws insight... She doesn't really take care of it cosmetically either but I don't care, it's called respect

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I yelled at some stupid girl for leaning against my mother-in-laws insight... She doesn't really take care of it cosmetically either but I don't care, it's called respect
+100000. Well said
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

+100000. Well said
Yea when it comes to disrespect I don't really give any breaks, I can put up with a lot of stupidity but not disrespect, it will set me over the top everytime

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Had a police officer bounce his door off the fender of the cobra right after I bought it. Confronted him and filed a claim with the city. They paid to have it removed.

Other than that i've been known to leave nice sized dents that leave marks on the focus dd. Pulled a few valve stems on cars that can't park within the lines.

Non handicapped people in handicap spots (i like to refer to them in person as mentally handicapped) can count on damage. I normally enjoy yelling at them in person every chance I get.

Needless to say I don't go out shopping much...wife takes care of it.

O yeh, those people that park in the fire lane? Walk straight into the side of the car with them sitting in it
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Do any of you guys double lane park? I feel like that's a pretty good solution to other people opening their doors and dinging/scratching it up, but I get worried about people keying my car then..
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
Do any of you guys double lane park? I feel like that's a pretty good solution to other people opening their doors and dinging/scratching it up, but I get worried about people keying my car then..
That's a really quick way to get keyed by an a$$hole. I heard ppl go berserk talking about someone who is double parked.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Just park at the end of the lot away from everything and next to a curb if u can to ensure at least one side can't b messed with
Old 09-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Re: Careless People–Keying, Opening their Door, etc into the Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post
Just park at the end of the lot away from everything and next to a curb if u can to ensure at least one side can't b messed with
yep, I always try to park next to something and away from everything else

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
People have some a lot of nerve doing that **** to peoples cars!!! Thank the lord I don't have a cwp!!! I need to get one!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

U wouldn't use it.. Ur not mean enough
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Would you like to find out sweetpea? Hahahaha

Come scratch my car and meet the devil
Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller
Would you like to find out sweetpea? Hahahaha

Come scratch my car and meet the devil
Just the other day in another thread u said u hate when people tailgate u and if they hit u that u would get out and fight... Then u said no I wouldn't I'd just b really mad. So... That being said if hr not gonna get out n box somebody's jaws for running into u I dont see u shooting them.. Sweet pea...
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

So I said I'd go to jail and they would go to the hospital haha reread it hahaha then I said (not really) haha meaning I wouldn't go to jail nor would they be in the hospital however if some dick was scratching my car just to be a dick and IF I did have a cwp it better watch out! But I don't have one so I couldn't use it anyway .... Hahahaha youre funny ... Haha trying to make me so innocent I would love to think I was that innocent
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Careless People–Keying, Opening their Door, etc into the Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
No dont do that that really pisses people off..youll def get some scratches for sure

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
So I said I'd go to jail and they would go to the hospital haha reread it hahaha then I said (not really) haha meaning I wouldn't go to jail nor would they be in the hospital however if some dick was scratching my car just to be a dick and IF I did have a cwp it better watch out! But I don't have one so I couldn't use it anyway .... Hahahaha youre funny ... Haha trying to make me so innocent I would love to think I was that innocent
Just duke it out,,squeezing the trigger is for hunting and intruders breaking in house to steal or hurt you or your family,,
Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

No dont do that that really pisses people off..youll def get some scratches for sure

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Just duke it out,,squeezing the trigger is for hunting and intruders breaking in house to steal or hurt you or your family,,
Completely agree most ppl know I'm only picking and that's prolly the main reason I don't need a cwp
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

What's a cwp?
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar