Finally got a new job! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Talking Finally got a new job!

It took almost 3 months to get it, but I started my training yesterday. I work at Directv call center. So far I love it there. Everyone is REALLY nice and pretty much everyone has a sense of humor. It starts at 10 an hour and has AWESOME benifits. They do a pay differential depending on your shift and I could make as much as 11.85 an hour before any raises. You get two raises in the first year 0.25 at 6mo then you bump up from 10.25-11.00 at a year. It is also possible to get a promotion by your 6mo mark. On top of all that the insurance is awesome. It'll cost me about 50 a month and they pay 85% of the co-pay and its health, vision and dental. It gets even better. If i'm on time to work/breaks all month I will get a monthly bonus of $675! Plus they do other random bonuses and gifts. Also sometimes they will offer $5 extra for any over time you work. I get double time for any worked holidays too! I'm really excited and am loving the job so far.

I will also be remaining at home for the next year or two to help my parents out while my dad works up getting healthy again. Which btw if anyone is wondering. He finished his chemo a couple days ago and they did another bone marrow sample. They said the find a little bit, but were going to send it for more tests. My dad is pretty sick right now, but he has been doing exceptionally well during it all. So we all feel pretty good about the out come.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Finally got a new job!

Glad to hear about the new job man

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

vary nicee. try to save hella with staying at home so you can maybe put that down on a house when you can move out.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

yeah, it'll add up. I started out at $10/hr, but after 1.5 years am at $11.65 (with one promotion) and a second promotion interview next week that'll put me to $12.30. Should hit $13.50 (max pay) by this time next year. It feels good to actually make some money. I'm sure you'll like the job too. Good luck, and I hope your dad keeps his head up!

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Glad to hear about the new job man
Thanks Brent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
vary nicee. try to save hella with staying at home so you can maybe put that down on a house when you can move out.
Thats the plan and I'll also be able to get rid of my loan and another small payment I have. I'm also seriously considering getting back into a mustang. I miss it bad and honestly after everything that's gone down with my ex and my truck I really dont want it back as bad as I use too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
yeah, it'll add up. I started out at $10/hr, but after 1.5 years am at $11.65 (with one promotion) and a second promotion interview next week that'll put me to $12.30. Should hit $13.50 (max pay) by this time next year. It feels good to actually make some money. I'm sure you'll like the job too. Good luck, and I hope your dad keeps his head up!
Thanks dude and good luck with your job.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

sweet. what do you have to do at the job? answer phones?

grats on getting it and i hope your dad gets better. my dad had skin cancer a few years ago, but is AOK now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
sweet. what do you have to do at the job? answer phones?

grats on getting it and i hope your dad gets better. my dad had skin cancer a few years ago, but is AOK now.
I'll be doing Tech calls. Could range from "Will this game be on this channel on this date?" to "My DTV isn't working" and so on.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

congrats! the benefits alone sound awesome. good luck!

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Congrats !!!! Hope your Dad gets better smokin weeds helps with the chemo effects

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

You must have a lot more patience than I do to work at a call center. I'd end up blowing up on somebody, cursing them up one side and down the other, and then hanging up on them. I have a hatred for the general public, anyway.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Lol I have been doing customer service work pretty much since I was 15 so I'm use to it. I just found out more about my benifits today and it's insane what i'm offered at this job. My insurrance I will be getting is AWESOME! It also looks like I will be getting a GM product later this year. I get a BIG discount through GM. Basicly my trainer explained it like this "You cant get a car half off, but you can get a 25k vehicle for 20k" If that's the case then I would be dumb not to use it.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Lol I have been doing customer service work pretty much since I was 15 so I'm use to it. I just found out more about my benifits today and it's insane what i'm offered at this job. My insurrance I will be getting is AWESOME! It also looks like I will be getting a GM product later this year. I get a BIG discount through GM. Basicly my trainer explained it like this "You cant get a car half off, but you can get a 25k vehicle for 20k" If that's the case then I would be dumb not to use it.
Benefits are definitely more of a reason to take a job than pay. My pay may not be what I want it to be right now but the benefits are great. BTW, my work offers the same incentive on GM, Ford, and Dodge vehicles. Basically get the ford X plan with anything I buy if you want to put it that way.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
I'd rather buy something I like than something just cause I get a discount. I don't care if you gave me 5k off, you won't see me in a GM unless it's a WS6 TransAm and there is a Mustang parked next to it.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'd rather buy something I like than something just cause I get a discount. I don't care if you gave me 5k off, you won't see me in a GM unless it's a WS6 TransAm and there is a Mustang parked next to it.
Oh I'm planning on getting a mustang. I'm probably going to sell the explorer and put the money towards a foxbody. I'm probably going to end up in a 1500 so I have something to tow the stang.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar