I have a huge delima and need your help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Tell me which one you think I should get
Bike 0 0%
Mustang 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Question I have a huge delima and need your help

Well it's been a long time coming and I've worked hard to get to this point. In the next 2-3 months I am going to be adding another addition to the drive way. However it's going to be one of two options and I am seriously torn between the two. So I need your help.

This is the two options I am looking at. I am either going to get a bike or another mustang. Here is what I'm looking at. I put my cap to be 13k for the car and 9k for the bike. I will be putting about 2k down no matter which way I go. I have already been doing research on financing and I will also be paying nearly double payments regardless of which way I go. So by the end of next year at the latest either should be paid off. If not sooner. So here is what I'm looking at.

Bike: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/SV650SK8

Mustang: 1999-2004 GT
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Re: I have a huge delima and need your help

It all depends on what you need it for. Personally, I might go for the bike because it'd save my *** in gas. But then again if you ever get in an accident while riding one of those things, you'd be pretty ****ed.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:48 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Mustang

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
It all depends on what you need it for. Personally, I might go for the bike because it'd save my *** in gas. But then again if you ever get in an accident while riding one of those things, you'd be pretty ****ed.
I have 6 mile round trip to work lol. Even driving my dads f150 get 15mpg a full take will get me about 50 round trips to work. Honestly I'm not to worried about gas mileage.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

this will not be your only means of transportation, correct?

...you can pick up a used sv for like 3-4k with well under 10k miles. then you have to buy gear etc. it all depends. they are 2 completely different methods of transportation with completely different benefits/consequences. it all depends on what you're going for. 2 wheels vs 4 wheels are different in almost every way. turning, braking, accelerating, etc. the bike is a lot more work to use, and you have to decide if it's worth it. not to mention the risk involved if you crash on the bike. it's something you must decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I vote Mustang, there are too many people on the road not really paying attention to what they are doing.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah so if gas isn't an issue, Mustang.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

I will say Mustang as well. You can always save a little each week and buy a bike if you really really want one down the road, but the mustang you "can" use all year long, bikes well sometimes you cant. You never know what will happen to ur truck. Its always nice to have a 2nd car that you and a friend or 2 can still drive in. or just save the money and buy a house.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang View Post
I will say Mustang as well. You can always save a little each week and buy a bike if you really really want one down the road, but the mustang you "can" use all year long, bikes well sometimes you cant. You never know what will happen to ur truck. Its always nice to have a 2nd car that you and a friend or 2 can still drive in. or just save the money and buy a house.
House will happen in about 2 years. I'm staying home with my parents for the next year-2 to help them with stuff around the house. My dad wont really be able to do much for quite a while once he's back home. So i'm picking up all the yard work and any home repair. Not to mention I will be helping them do some remodeling to the house. So I'm not going anywhere for a while. It's why I want to take advantage of my time and get one more toy and have it paid off before I get a house.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
House will happen in about 2 years. I'm staying home with my parents for the next year-2 to help them with stuff around the house. My dad wont really be able to do much for quite a while once he's back home. So i'm picking up all the yard work and any home repair. Not to mention I will be helping them do some remodeling to the house. So I'm not going anywhere for a while. It's why I want to take advantage of my time and get one more toy and have it paid off before I get a house.
well if you can pay it off then thats good. I was just talking about if your lookin to get a lets say a $190,000 house, if you save that money your looking to spend in the car, insurance, and goodies for it over the next 2 years to might be able to get a $200,000-$300,000 house... I would still go for the mustang, maybe even a Cobra or a Roush.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

Stang!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang View Post
well if you can pay it off then thats good. I was just talking about if your lookin to get a lets say a $190,000 house, if you save that money your looking to spend in the car, insurance, and goodies for it over the next 2 years to might be able to get a $200,000-$300,000 house... I would still go for the mustang, maybe even a Cobra or a Roush.
I dont need a house that big lol. My parents house is worth about 200k and its TOO big for me AND them lol. I just want a nice little house just outside the city on about 5-10 acres. That would run around 100-130k around here. If I spent 300k on a house here I'd be in a mansion lol. A cobra would be nice, but I dont want or need a car that fast and if I was to get one then I would have to get rid of my truck and I dont want to. I have found it to be way to useful as of the last few months and I dont want the mustang to be the DD. Though I will agree that you have a valid point, but I'm not rushing.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Bike. Better fun factor, better resale value and cheaper to boot. Its more dangerous but if you live in an open area its probably half as bad and twice as fun than say living in some packed *** city. only time i liked riding was once i got into the mountains and the traffic was non-existent. If you get the correct gear your chances of surviving or even walking away from an incident are multiple times as good. Just remember, there are two types of riders, those that have fallen, and those who are going to fall; getting on the bike knowing that means you are ready for the consequences of not only your actions, but the actions (or inactions) of others.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
I dont need a house that big lol. My parents house is worth about 200k and its TOO big for me AND them lol. I just want a nice little house just outside the city on about 5-10 acres. That would run around 100-130k around here. If I spent 300k on a house here I'd be in a mansion lol. A cobra would be nice, but I dont want or need a car that fast and if I was to get one then I would have to get rid of my truck and I dont want to. I have found it to be way to useful as of the last few months and I dont want the mustang to be the DD. Though I will agree that you have a valid point, but I'm not rushing.
alabama has such low prices. here 500k wont put you on more than a half acre in my area.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #15

Region: New Mexico

Are you kidding me?! The MUSTANG. GT with Bullitt wheels? ...c'mon.
Lustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
alabama has such low prices. here 500k wont put you on more than a half acre in my area.
My parents house is a two story 2500sqf has 3 large bedrooms and one medium size. It's 2.5 bathrooms, large living room, dining room. Also has a detached two car garage and is on 3/4 of an acre and back in 96 we got it for 160k. Now it's probably worth 200ish.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
My parents house is a two story 2500sqf has 3 large bedrooms and one medium size. It's 2.5 bathrooms, large living room, dining room. Also has a detached two car garage and is on 3/4 of an acre and back in 96 we got it for 160k. Now it's probably worth 200ish.
700k right now gets you 2 story 2800SQ 4 average bedrooms 3 nice bathrooms, maybe 3/4th acre of land. if you look right. but thats in my direct area, go to other parts of va and get the same for 450k. but 200k here your lucky if its a single family home.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I am picking mustang SOLELY because you posted a picture that is just about a clone of my 02 GT

If you're planning on keeping the ranger... why not get a fox body? much cheaper to mod... and garners more attention when driving around than a newer rustang
Old 04-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #19
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I think you must get a Mustang now. 8-0

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
I am picking mustang SOLELY because you posted a picture that is just about a clone of my 02 GT

If you're planning on keeping the ranger... why not get a fox body? much cheaper to mod... and garners more attention when driving around than a newer rustang
Around here its hard to find a truly nice fox body and when you do they run about 6-7k. I'd rather buy something that is almost 10 years newer and not have to worry about it having high miles. It's real easy to find an 01-02 manual gt with 50k miles or less for about 12k. I would probably spend that if not more on a fox body to get it to where I want. I'm not looking to do any heavy modding with the gt. It'll remain fairly stock besides suspension, wheels and some bolt ons. I just want one thats nice looking that will still have some kick to it. Hell just about anything is faster then my truck with the sluggish 3.0 in it lol.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #21
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
It's real easy to find an 01-02 manual gt with 50k miles or less for about 12k.
Tell that to Brent.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Tell that to Brent.
I thought his post just did.

Anyhow, you need to get a bike. It wouldn't feel right to have you posting on here and actually have a mustang. It would be like Nate having a mustang...it would just feel all wrong.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I thought his post just did.

Anyhow, you need to get a bike. It wouldn't feel right to have you posting on here and actually have a mustang. It would be like Nate having a mustang...it would just feel all wrong.
lol you gotta remember I had a mustang when I first started posting on here. I am seriously leaning towards the stang though. I like the fact I could use it year round and not freeze my *** off.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
lol you gotta remember I had a mustang when I first started posting on here. I am seriously leaning towards the stang though. I like the fact I could use it year round and not freeze my *** off.
You've never had one since I've been here.....so it would just feel all wrong.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
I like the fact I could use it year round and not freeze my *** off.
the ranger doesnt have heat?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:08 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
the ranger doesnt have heat?
it does, but i dont have a place to store the bike inside anywhere, so the mustang would be more practical out of the two.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 04-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

...I know where there's a 99 cobra for sale right now for 9k...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

considering this is your "extra/fun car," i'd think you'd drive the truck on days when it's raining whether you had a stang or bike. granted riding in the cold kinda sucks, but your in AL, it doesnt even get that cold for very long. i'm just stating these points, not saying you should get the bike or the stang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

don't u already have a mustang? if u do, then bike, if u don't then mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
...I know where there's a 99 cobra for sale right now for 9k...
Well nothing I can do right now sadly, but if its still there in a couple months let me know.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar