Listening to ignorant people that dont know anythinf about cars - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Listening to ignorant people that dont know anythinf about cars

Anyone have a friend or know someone that is like this? Thinks they know soooooo much about cars? My buddy was talking ***** on ford and he told me that ford isn't even an american company ( because he thinks since ford is also in Europe ). Then out of the blue he says ford doesn't even manufacture their cars in the USA...I can't believe the stupidity of my generation

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Yes, Ford builds a few million cars a year halfway around the world, just to ship them back to the U.S. I guess mine was delivered via Translantic rail. That delivery fee seems cheap now.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly
Anyone have a friend or know someone that is like this? Thinks they know soooooo much about cars? My buddy was talking ***** on ford and he told me that ford isn't even an american company ( because he thinks since ford is also in Europe ). Then out of the blue he says ford doesn't even manufacture their cars in the USA...I can't believe the stupidity of my generation
Hahaha I know more than just a few of them!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
So by his example Honda isn't Japanese? Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
Yes, Ford builds a few million cars a year halfway around the world, just to ship them back to the U.S. I guess mine was delivered via Translantic rail. That delivery fee seems cheap now.
hahahahahaha that's great
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
My Mustang has never lived outside the great state of Michigan!..
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Now I am not trying to take anyones side, but sometimes things are mistaken by people, or they hear portions. I recall Ford does have some vehicles that are either built, parts are built, or they are from Mexico.

I am not saying he is right, just that maybe he has only heard a bit and got his facts mixed up.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
Now I am not trying to take anyones side, but sometimes things are mistaken by people, or they hear portions. I recall Ford does have some vehicles that are either built, parts are built, or they are from Mexico.

I am not saying he is right, just that maybe he has only heard a bit and got his facts mixed up.
What I CAN'T stand is when people will ARGUE about something that is not fact.

A guy at my work tried to argue the genesis is a better car than the Mustang, base for base. I asked how, and he said every way. But he also said the slowest model is faster, even though they use premium fuel, have poor quality ratings, are more expensive, get poorer fuel economy and make less power, and are slower. He wouldn't have it. The people who are not able to contemplate an idea that did not come from there head are the ones who bug me.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
As my dad says. Some people will argue with a stop sign.
Whiteboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

A guy at my work tried to argue the genesis is a better car than the Mustang, base for base. I asked how, and he said every way. But he also said the slowest model is faster, even though they use premium fuel, have poor quality ratings, are more expensive, get poorer fuel economy and make less power, and are slower. He wouldn't have it. The people who are not able to contemplate an idea that did not come from there head are the ones who bug me.
Every company across the board outsources for one thing or the other!.. That's nothing new!..

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboss302
Hahahahahaha
Old 10-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You do understand that almost all cars ( american, German, Japanese) all have a few amount of foreign parts in their cars. It's logic. And yes ford does build other types of cars around te world but they are an american company and have a plant in Michigan...it's logic haha

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You do understand that almost all cars ( american, German, Japanese) all have a few amount of foreign parts in their cars. It's logic. And yes ford does build other types of cars around te world but they are an american company and have a plant in Michigan...it's logic haha
I am not arguing lol, I am just bringing up the idea that he may be talking about one car that is more so built outside of the US, or that his facts are not clear. I am not making a point either way, just my two cents.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am not arguing lol, I am just bringing up the idea that he may be talking about one car that is more so built outside of the US, or that his facts are not clear. I am not making a point either way, just my two cents.
I'm not mad =]

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not mad =]
Ah, reading just text makes it hard to tell tone or inflection. The first sentence made it seem kind, point of fact, ish. I just wanted you to know I meant it friendly, I am sure some of my posts are not read as friendly as I intend them.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Ah, reading just text makes it hard to tell tone or inflection. The first sentence made it seem kind, point of fact, ish. I just wanted you to know I meant it friendly, I am sure some of my posts are not read as friendly as I intend them.
Indeed and that's why emoticons became popular share some of my communications background with y'all
Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I hate it when people with ****ty hondas or toyotas try to say how awesome and fast their car is... I know a guy who talked about his old Honda and said "It must have been been tuned or something cause it hit 60 in like 3.5 seconds". I didn't feel like saying anything so i just let it go.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I hate it when people with ****ty hondas or toyotas try to say how awesome and fast their car is... I know a guy who talked about his old Honda and said "It must have been been tuned or something cause it hit 60 in like 3.5 seconds". I didn't feel like saying anything so i just let it go.
A guy at my work said he likes domo because he comes from japan and japan is jdm. He set me up but I backed off
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Totally understand! =P

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboss302
That's a good quote, like my dad says, you can't fix stupid =]

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar