Bob Barr Officially Announces His Presidential Campaign - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bob Barr Officially Announces His Presidential Campaign

Bob Barr to run for president as a Libertarian - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Barr confirmed that he was asked by McCain supporters not to run for fear he would pull votes from the GOP, but he defended his decision by saying that "American voters deserve better than simply the lesser of two evils."
One less vote for the Republicans here

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Bob Barr Officially Announces His Presidential Campaign

Now if only hitlery would announce she is running as an independant...that would be great. Then it could be a 2 person race...mc cain and barr.

I'll have to read up on this barr guy and see what he is about. maybe he'll be so much less of a turd sandwich than the rest and motivate me to get out there and actually vote for someone.

EDIT: The little bit of reading I did earlier...I really like his stance on our being the world police. I am definitely down with him on that one.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Bob Barr Officially Announces His Presidential Campaign

He is not as Libertarian as Ron Paul in his views which I think is good. I think Ron Paul would be great but like every person that has ever run for office a disagree with him on a few things, though I do not think the issues where I disagree with him on would be significant enough to where it would hurt America. For instance, his stance on returning to the gold standard is iffy... I believe that if the Government was fiscally responsible this country could be successful on it's current system. However we spend more than we take in, borrow from our enemies and then wonder why the dollar is tanking. It's not tanking because of the Federal Reserve, it's tanking because of our economic policies.

I agree 100% though on Foreign policy in regards to both Ron Paul and Bob Barr. We shouldn't have to go start a $1 Trillion dollar war with a country that was never a threat to us so that we can secure oil for our future, which is what this comes down too.

I'm voting for Barr. He is the only one actively campaigning for cutting spending and getting out of Iraq.

This country can do a lot to reduce our reliance on oil, such as building Nuclear Power Plants. If we were to activate every Nuclear Power Plant that is currently inactive in America, plus build an additional 150 around the country we could COMPLETELY eliminate oil and gas from providing our country power which would greatly reduce pollution and our oil demand.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar