First ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
First ticket

Got my first ticket about an hour ago. Running a stop sign and having a passenger under 25 since i havent had my license for a year yet. Parents are pissed. Im afraid im going to get dropped from the insurance. and even more afraid that i might have to get rid of my baby :'(
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Got my first ticket about an hour ago. Running a stop sign and having a passenger under 25 since i havent had my license for a year yet. Parents are pissed. Im afraid im going to get dropped from the insurance. and even more afraid that i might have to get rid of my baby :'(
Doubt they will drop you from one ticket, did your parents tell you that? Haha

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

They told me they might and that theyll probably take my license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Just be cool and don't give them any lip service. Apologize and do the right thing next time, show them you are responsible. Before long you will have free reign on your life! Hope it works out for you dude, I remember those days getting *** chewings lol.
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus
Just be cool and don't give them any lip service. Apologize and do the right thing next time, show them you are responsible. Before long you will have free reign on your life! Hope it works out for you dude, I remember those days getting *** chewings lol.
Yeah man it blows. I cant wait to live on my own. But yeah, i have a court date February 2nd. Any tips as to what i cant do to possibly get out of it? Being nice and honest and what not obviously but theres gotta be a few tricks haha
Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They'll probably just make you take defensive driving or something of that nature, other than that I can't think of anything to get out of it. Cali has all kinds of crazy regulations!
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lol at least yours was just for that...i have court on the 20th for not having my insurance card on me (it was in my ford book which i had pulled out a week before during a massive cleaning)...the reason for being pulled over..doing 31 over the speed limit (honestly i wasn't paying attention and owned up to it)...luckily i'm almost 25 with no tickets so the officer said he didn't wanna mess that up so he said no speeding ticket..however he had to give me the court date for the insurance card.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95

Yeah man it blows. I cant wait to live on my own. But yeah, i have a court date February 2nd. Any tips as to what i cant do to possibly get out of it? Being nice and honest and what not obviously but theres gotta be a few tricks haha
Talk to the prosecutor before your court date. Ask for what's called a deferral, It's basically a fee on top of the ticket. Don't get another ticket in say, 6 months and it won't go on your record. It's well worth the extra money. Either way It's gonna cost you more than just the ticket, insurance rates on a young man will skyrocket. I was always in trouble when younger and my ins was $300 a month, I now pay $414 a year on a 2012 gt. Good luck, and remember to be remorseful when talking to the prosecutor face to face, no phone calls !
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Talk to the prosecutor before your court date. Ask for what's called a deferral, It's basically a fee on top of the ticket. Don't get another ticket in say, 6 months and it won't go on your record. It's well worth the extra money. Either way It's gonna cost you more than just the ticket, insurance rates on a young man will skyrocket. I was always in trouble when younger and my ins was $300 a month, I now pay $414 a year on a 2012 gt. Good luck, and remember to be remorseful when talking to the prosecutor face to face, no phone calls !
Thanks for the tip! Ill definitely ask about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
You do realize its more fun to stop at the sign than it is to blow through it right? Lol just sayin
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Dude when I was 17 in my 99 stang I racked up like 5 tickets, 11 points on my license, all for speeding/careless driving/speeding some more/etc...never lost my license, had to take a defensive class for 3 hours and that was it..bottom line your parents are just yanking your chain, trying to scare you so you never do anything illegal again in the car. If my parents told me when I got my FIRST ticket that I might lose my license id laugh my face off..1 ticket, your insurance may go up a tad, but that's about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledom View Post
You do realize its more fun to stop at the sign than it is to blow through it right? Lol just sayin
That's a whole other ticket haha

There's this one stop sign we called burnout corner when I was a kid, and you had to do a burnout haha that street was scorched

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I got 2 tickets in 3 months and never had to go to court or anything. Just had to pay them.
Vistablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistablue
I got 2 tickets in 3 months and never had to go to court or anything. Just had to pay them.
I bet your still paying.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I just finished paying off all my tickets/fines/DMV fees from all my tickets when I was 17..I'm 21, 4 f'in years of paying cuz of stupidity
Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When my friend got into an accident in his first year, it was kinda his fault, the other guy was excessively speeding, his parents took away his license until his court date and the court didn't take his license away.
I know for my area if you get caught driving with more than one person under 21 you get a ticket, but the way I've gotten out of that one is just tell the cop it's your cousin and the cop won't want to go through the measures to check it. I've yet to get a ticket, but I'm sure when it does happen it won't be pretty, I'm quite the aggressive driver.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
Own up to it and what happens happens!.. Now this is going to sound a bit harsh and mean, but it is what it is!.. If you are not mature enough to come to a complete stop at a Stop sign, then perhaps your not mature enough to be driving!.. Let alone driving the car you have!... Those signs are put there for a very good reason and need to be followed!.. It was an immature idiot of a kid that crossed two lanes of traffic to make a left hand turn, that hit me over a week ago!.. Now I've made some dumb mistakes in my past but I've owned up to them and learned from them!..

Make sure you do the same!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol View Post

That's a whole other ticket haha

There's this one stop sign we called burnout corner when I was a kid, and you had to do a burnout haha that street was scorched
Man you gotta know the rules when you're ****in around. Can't do it in residential areas, guaranteed to get pulled over because there could be kids out playing. And you MUST be on the look out for pigs. If you keep that in mind you're pretty much good. And you can't do dumb **** like this kid. Blowing through a stop sign is about as dumb as it gets, that and speeding just to speed. Both retarded IMO.
muscledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #19

Region: Tennessee
Go to court and plead "not guilty" and demand a jury trial. They will want to reduce it to an unsafe movement because it costs too much for the state to do a jury trial on a traffic offence. You do have the absolute right to a jury.
gungeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I got #2.5 tickets , two for speeding but the .5 is from getting pulled over but the cops were cool and commented about my car than discussing the citation as they say... Thank god for "defensive driving" or I woulda shelled out $356
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
lol at least yours was just for that...i have court on the 20th for not having my insurance card on me (it was in my ford book which i had pulled out a week before during a massive cleaning)...the reason for being pulled over..doing 31 over the speed limit (honestly i wasn't paying attention and owned up to it)...luckily i'm almost 25 with no tickets so the officer said he didn't wanna mess that up so he said no speeding ticket..however he had to give me the court date for the insurance card.
That's cool! Extremely stupid you have to tie up the court system over a piece of paper.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Ask them for community service
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That's cool! Extremely stupid you have to tie up the court system over a piece of paper.
Stupid ? I don't think so. Indiana law requires you to have insurance, but It's not inforced. You can bet your *** nearly every $300 POS on the road is uninsured, when he hits you It's your rates that are going up.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Stupid ? I don't think so. Indiana law requires you to have insurance, but It's not inforced. You can bet your *** nearly every $300 POS on the road is uninsured, when he hits you It's your rates that are going up.
Insurance laws aren't stupid, what is stupid is that you have a card on you when it should all be computerized. In Georgia one doesn't have to have their card on them.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

Insurance laws aren't stupid, what is stupid is that you have a card on you when it should all be computerized. In Georgia one doesn't have to have their card on them.
I agree. It wouldn't be that hard to prevent a tag renewal or suspend a license with no insurance
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I agree. It wouldn't be that hard to prevent a tag renewal or suspend a license with no insurance
Wouldn't be hard at all.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I got pulled over suspected for burning out at 16years past midnight and 2 people with me. Moral is I still got my license.
Got pulled for supposedly seen going 80-100 at 15 or 16, sometime before the supposed burn out with 2 people in the truck, still licensed. Mind I got my license when I was 15 ÷]„ young kiddo, told em tires were expensive why would I do that, but of course cough cough,,,, oops down the wrong pipe ;}.
All in all its a stop sign that's all. So now signs are telling me what to do? the hell,,,,,,
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I know in North Carolina you don't get an inspection sticker, instead they just put it into the system.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #29
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Exactly how it's done in Georgia, and when the Police pulls you over, they got you in the system, so there is no need to check for the card.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly how it's done in Georgia, and when the Police pulls you over, they got you in the system, so there is no need to check for the card.
I rember when Ga staged police check points, to check for ins cards.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

Ask them for community service
You can do that? Haha ill probably do that cause i have to do 20 hours of community service for school anyways.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

You can do that? Haha ill probably do that cause i have to do 20 hours of community service for school anyways.
Lol yes I went to the judge and asked her if I could do community service...I only had to do 6 hours....guess I kinda charmed her
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have to wait a year to drive someone?!?!!!! And here in Georgia you have to wait 6 months but nobody really cares
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

You have to wait a year to drive someone?!?!!!! And here in Georgia you have to wait 6 months but nobody really cares
Yeah its f#cking stupid! And i only have barely a month left.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah its f#cking stupid! And i only have barely a month left.
Wow that's ridiculous!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar