Next Time You Set Off The Alarms At Wal-Mart.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Next Time You Set Off The Alarms At Wal-Mart....

don't stop

Quote:
There are some things that shoppers can do, however. First, the deer-in-the-headlights response to security alarms must end. Smile and walk with confidence through the exit. Bear in mind that being suspected of theft is actually a reason to leave the store, not a reason to stay, in much the same way that no one remains at a party after they have been insulted by the host. If a particular retailer wants to play games by insisting that they are merely ensuring that you were not overcharged, then by all means let’s check all 74 items in the cart, poring over the receipt line by line while other customers wait. Another fun approach, if you are detained, is to inform the store that they may indeed inspect your bags or your receipt, if and only if all items are immediately returned for a full refund. That gets their attention. Or just tell them to call a cop. If you’re the theatrical type, adopt a German accent and repeat loudly that your papers are in order (with the same accent you can do the old Berlin Wall bit and say that you have friends at the central committee). The odds of a customer in the store getting the joke are very slim, but anyone who does get the reference will remember you forever. It will feel good to be someone’s hero.
Don't Let Walmart Check Your Receipt! - Stand Up To Walmart

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Next Time You Set Off The Alarms At Wal-Mart....

sweet
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Uhm...I'm already banned from one walmart...wouldn't mind being banned from a few more...

It all started with me walking out of the store with a bag of dogfood and not stopping to let them check the receipt. Cops were called, I explained what happened, I'm not allowed back in that store. O well, their loss.

I never stop to let them check the receipt, not worth my time. Just keep walking out the door, if they really feel like chasing me they can find me somewhere on the next road.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

After reading the article I now see there are two of me in this world. I'm one of those people that made walmart take down the 9am to 9pm signs on the registers...I'd stand there until someone finally came and checked me out, refusing to move.

I'm also one of those ppl that was told the register was closing then watched the clerk check out another person (presumed to be a friend). I politely got back in line to be told the lane was closed. She ended up checking me out to make a long story short.

O...and the people standing behind the little counters behind the registers wearing red shirts really don't know how to run a register, they are merely there to look good I suppose.

Regardless, I only go in walmart when absolutely necessary or when I'm in an absolute hurry, I also proceed directly to either the garden center, automotive, or the sporting goods section and check out there. Then proceed directly outside to my car, without letting anyone so much as have the time to ask to see my receipt.

If you don't believe me, just ask Tiff...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

walmart is the low price leader, thats why i go.........there aint any other places around here with better prices for groceries
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Regular

I go to Publix. I'll pay more to avoid them.

Reddit
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I don't let Wal-Mart check receipts. I just keep walking, and if they run after me, I'll tell them if they have a problem, they can take it up with register #__. When I bought my Wii it went off, and I said how could someone steal a Wii? It's kept under a lock, and they don't let you bring it to the front... it meets you there. Yes, that's the only thing I bought.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I hate Wal-Mart. I hate their business practices, I hate the way they treat employees, I hate everything about them. Sam Walton is going to come back from the dead I swear, this is not the company he started. The instant I walk into a Wal-Mart, I instantly am in a bad mood. Seriously, for some reason, I get short, snappy, and easily angered the second I walk in. One time, when I was younger, my mom used to head the group that set up the school supply kits you could buy at school. She was buying soap or something, had a deal made out with them ahead of time, they tried to pull some crap, so she leaves, and they call the school and accuse her of stealing. I avoid that store at all costs. I will pay more and support my local shops as much as I can, and if not, Publix, Target, or other such stores get my money. Don't even get me started on the treatment my brother got while working at Sam's Club. I would be here all night.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Ahhhhh! Death the Wal-Mart!

All be lucky it's 4 a.m. so I won't rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

they never ask me to check anything~ but if the buzzer went off thats probable cause in my book and they should be allowed to check~ just what happens when POS's ruin it for everyone.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

holy crap if that happened at my walmart, you would get arrested for being disorderly

but thats cause walmart is in the ghetto

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
holy crap if that happened at my walmart, you would get arrested for being disorderly

but thats cause walmart is in the ghetto
That's why the North sucks

Reddit
Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #13

Region: Louisiana

My Walmart has old people that really don't care, They look at you as if you know to show them your receipt, if not they just go back to talking to another old person. If you show them, they scan it as supersonic speed, highlight the longest item and your on your way......pointless to have them IMO. I mean when 42" TV's walk out the doors and don't get caught.......seems like someone isn't doing their job.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

dont bother me except the Wal-Mart I go to, assuming same for rest the baby formula is kept with the cigarettes....pain in the ***. so I go to Target or another local grocery store if I am going for formula.

As for grocery shopping I try to always go to the Commisary.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX View Post
As for grocery shopping I try to always go to the Commisary.
Ya, commisary much better, plus most of the time we get away with double coupons. So I save an average of about $15 a trip to the commisary.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I don't let Wal-Mart check receipts. I just keep walking, and if they run after me, I'll tell them if they have a problem, they can take it up with register #__. When I bought my Wii it went off, and I said how could someone steal a Wii? It's kept under a lock, and they don't let you bring it to the front... it meets you there. Yes, that's the only thing I bought.
Actually there is a way people steal Wii's or any other electronic devices. most Walmarts start rolling out merchandise between 8pm and 9pm when they do the pallets are full of everything imaginable including big ticket items. Only at christmas do they separate that stuff and keep it in the back. People routinely rip open boxes and flee. Hell people will grab a 32 flat panel and run out an emergeny exit with a waiting car right there. remember all those orb camera's watching you, well there is only one person assigned to watch and they are not there for one shift. Walmart decided 2 years ago to do away with Loss prevention personnel and have one person to watch the camera every day or night. so the average Walmart went from $ 750,000 in loss merchandise a year to 1.2 million a year.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

As far as shopping at Walmart I go there for very specific products and leave. There are a few things they are insanely lower priced than any grocery store. The few items alone save me $20 a week in groceries.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Thats funny, thats what they get the ********

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar