Who says crime doesn't pay? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Who says crime doesn't pay?

Man Accused of "Wrong" Rape Awarded $1 Million Dollars from City of Baton Rouge

Quote:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The City of Baton Rouge will pay a convicted rapist one million dollars after he spent 16 years in prison for a separate rape that he did not commit.

Gene Bibbins was sentenced to life in prison at Angola in 1986 for the rape of a 13-year-old girl. DNA evidence later proved he did not commit that rape.

Allegations surfaced that investigators with the Baton Rouge Police Department falsified information in the case.

In 2004, the same DNA evidence that cleared Bibbins of the rape of the 13-year-old girl, showed he had committed a separate rape in the past.

He pleaded no contest to that rape and was sentenced to time served.

The Metro Council Wednesday night, acting on the advice of the council's attorney, did not object to a payment of one million dollars to settle a wrongful conviction lawsuit Bibbins filed against the city.
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Who says crime doesn't pay?

try canada
Old 05-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Vert View Post
try canada
Used to be married to a Canadian....from the toronto area (Bolton)...pretty familiar with the fun stuff up there.

Dated a Canadian from the falls too for a while....now that was good times.
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

did you ever live here ?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Vert View Post
did you ever live here ?
I had an apartment in St. Catherines for about a year. I did spend a lot of time up there visiting the ex and my daughter after the divorce too....

I pretty much lived north of the border on weekends both while I was married and afterwards. Pretty much friday-sunday every week.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Toronto (North York) dont get out of the city to much. when I do it's usualy to play golf.Played alot in Bolton got some nice courses up there.There's hundreds of golf courses in Toronto & surounding area kind of pricey.Also gas is a million $ a liter. So I stick to the city courses prices are a little more resonable.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ My ex lives on one of the courses in Bolton. I forget the name now, and the road it is on...but it does cross the street as you play. I think her road was Gulfdale Court???? I know it is court...and it is #1...and gulfdale is sticking out in my mind for some reason.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Glen Eagle, Nobleton Lakes, Klineberg, Hunters Glen, Banty's Roost. Just to name a few.Theres so many others.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar