shooting at ct - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
To sum up my point!..
I agree 100%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Oh, and the man did have a mental problem but his parents never took him to a doctor. When he was younger his babysitter told his parents that it would be best never to take their eyes off him, so what did they do? They let him learn how to shoot guns. Pertaining to this massacre, i put the responsibility on the parents for not getting him diagnosed and not teaching him right from wrong.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

The government is doing such a good job with drugs that they allowed 2 states to legalize one of them!!!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

That is exactly it! Criminals don't follow laws, so why are we creating more of them???
His parents didnt teach him right from wrong ? everyone knows killing Innocent people is wrong even mentaly handicap ones.im glad this dueche saved a bullet for himself so we dont have to feed him house him and pay for his appeals! if he was alive there would be just as many people defending his rights as those who think he should die.thats where the problem lies
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
IMO I don't think it's the gun laws that will help stop the shootings... Columbine I believe had guns that somebody else purchased. this recent guy took his moms guns. No matter how strict the gun laws as long as a household member has some they are accessible to anyone. One thing that might help is not allowing guns near people with mental disorders... The guy from the batman shooting clearly has a mental disorder and I've read that this conn guy had one also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I have guns always have always will. I wouldnt be apposed to some sort of registry so that those who own them would have responsibility for who is using them. I know alot of us have old guns that we bought second hand but if your law bidding you should be able to register that too.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopyhead44 View Post
I have guns always have always will. I wouldnt be apposed to some sort of registry so that those who own them would have responsibility for who is using them. I know alot of us have old guns that we bought second hand but if your law bidding you should be able to register that too.
In most places all firearms are supposed to be registered!..
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

In most places all firearms are supposed to be registered!..
True but with all the people selling and trading guns anyone can get one from anywhere. I'm 19 and it's illegal to buy a handgun but I know 10 people that I can either buy or use a handgun from
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

That shiz is bologna I got involved once with the police in manassas va the found my carry gun they then put me in cuffs I told them I had a concealed carry permit they looked at it then they took 1 hr running the numbers on my gun saying it was stolen finnally when they figured out it wasnt they said sorry michael you know you should get a permit for that. Our system is not set up to protect us only to collect money from us
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopyhead44
That shiz is bologna I got involved once with the police in manassas va the found my carry gun they then put me in cuffs I told them I had a concealed carry permit they looked at it then they took 1 hr running the numbers on my gun saying it was stolen finnally when they figured out it wasnt they said sorry michael you know you should get a permit for that. Our system is not set up to protect us only to collect money from us
Lol I think we all agree to that
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Good thread! Emotions make these policies and laws.. even though they don't help and it is just gonna make it harder for civilized people to own a gun for protection
Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Definitely an awful tragedy. I feel
Heartbroken for all the victims' families. But this is all I will say. If you outlaw weapons, only outlaws will possess them.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I mean this guy only used a 9mm sig and glock. Gun control isn't even the issue here because you can get these 2 guns anywhere and almost every gun owner has a 9mm.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqsmash View Post
Good thread! Emotions make these policies and laws.. even though they don't help and it is just gonna make it harder for civilized people to own a gun for protection
That's why people need to remove themselves from it!.. You need to look at the big picture!... So many people are to quick to let their emotions make decisions for them!..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

That's why people need to remove themselves from it!.. You need to look at the big picture!... So many people are to quick to let their emotions make decisions for them!..
Exactly!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
I mean this guy only used a 9mm sig and glock. Gun control isn't even the issue here because you can get these 2 guns anywhere and almost every gun owner has a 9mm.
The types of weapons used and gun control isn't even the issue at all!.. You can do just as much damage with 4 or 5 revolvers!.. The real issue is the mindset of the individual and what caused that mindset in the first place!..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

The types of weapons used and gun control isn't even the issue at all!.. You can do just as much damage with 4 or 5 revolvers!.. The real issue is the mindset of the individual and what caused that mindset in the first place!..
Agreed but that's something that's seemingly impossible to controls or predict.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

There are always things that stand out after a tragedy but its always too late.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

There are always things that stand out after a tragedy but its always too late.
Difficult yes!.. But impossible no!.. People need to just pay attention to the signs and then act on them!.. The problem with that lies in the fact to that people are too afraid for one reason or another to do what's right!..

The only thing needed for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing!..

If you see your buddy acting out of the ordinary, tell him so!.. See what's going on with him!.. If you truly care about your buddy then you won't rest until he can!.. If you see your neighbor needing help then help them!.. Be proactive in your life and the lives of those around you!..
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Difficult yes!.. But impossible no!.. People need to just pay attention to the signs and then act on them!.. The problem with that lies in the fact to that people are too afraid for one reason or another to do what's right!..

The only thing needed for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing!..

If you see your buddy acting out of the ordinary, tell him so!.. See what's going on with him!.. If you truly care about your buddy then you won't rest until he can!.. If you see your neighbor needing help then help them!.. Be proactive in your life and the lives of those around you!..
Exactly! Guns don't kill people, people kill people!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

He didn't get it from his own house... He stole it from his mothers house.
He lived with his mom. Please get your facts straight before trying to call me out.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
The psychology problems of these types of people like Adam Lanza will never cease to amaze me. I would have to agree with Morgan Freeman on this one

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batmantheater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN's article says that if the body count 'holds up,' this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations*, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
The psychology problems of these types of people like Adam Lanza will never cease to amaze me. I would have to agree with Morgan Freeman on this one

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batmantheater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN's article says that if the body count 'holds up,' this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations*, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."
You are right hannah I dont know the name of one victim im gonna learn one today. Im not sure what makes this one different than the rest but it really hurts my heart
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Voctoria soto was the teacher that put her kids in a closet and put herself between the gunman and her students shes my hero R.I.P
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Victoria soto was the teacher that put her kids in a closet and put herself between the gunman and her students shes my hero R.I.P
Amen to that! Such a brave young women!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Victoria soto is the teacher that put her kids and put herself between the students and the gunman shes my hero R.I.P. Victoria you will always be remembered

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Stupid phone posted twice but its ok needed to be said
Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Here is a good visual representation of my earlier post. What makes people think one of these should be illegal and one not?

Attachment 81571
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Here is an idea how about we stop putting blame on gun control and the government and w.e else is to blame and just think and pray about the people we have lost that is a lot more important then pointing fingers right now r.i.p to all lost
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Here is a good visual representation of my earlier post. What makes people think one of these should be illegal and one not?
Pictures are worth a thousand words!.. Especially if they have words with them!...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-392290821.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	81574   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1153396008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	81575  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1417836223.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	568.1 KB
ID:	81576  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

if the govt takes away the option for people to get their hands on guns like these then **** like this wont happen. they can either do a sweep and impound every gun in america which would violate peoples rights or stop producing ammo. eventually the ammo people have will get used and then there will be no supply anymore. is this going to happen, no. but it should.

why dont prisoners have guns, 1-their prisoners, 2-they would run nuts with it. allowing guns in society is no diff than handing a prisoner a gun. we as society just dont know how to control ourselves. just take away the threat and this crap wont happen.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #63
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
if the govt takes away the option for people to get their hands on guns like these then **** like this wont happen. they can either do a sweep and impound every gun in america which would violate peoples rights or stop producing ammo. eventually the ammo people have will get used and then there will be no supply anymore. is this going to happen, no. but it should.

why dont prisoners have guns, 1-their prisoners, 2-they would run nuts with it. allowing guns in society is no diff than handing a prisoner a gun. we as society just dont know how to control ourselves. just take away the threat and this crap wont happen.
The thing with that though is if it's not guns it will be arrows, knives, bombs, and other weapons .. If their intent is to kill they will find away to do it .. There is no way to fully take away threats. Not unless you put us all in a bubble ... Just IMO
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
^^ please look at old post this isn't the time to argue and point fingers we all have valid points and its a great debate but this thread should be more about sending out ur regards to the family's who have lost some one
Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #65
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
*Notice*

The reason this thread is still open is because I think discussing all aspects of this tragedy is good therapy. Lets keep it to discussions and not arguments.

I'm not saying you guys are arguing now, just stating what will happen if the thread blows up.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Its bumming me out I quit
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post

Your not taking away any threat... Your making this idea more threatening because you are taking away guns from innocent civilians! Prisoners dont have guns because they are felons. And allowing guns in society is no different than allowing cars in society, its all about the people using the object. And if you actually think that a full sweep on this FREE country will be a good idea then what the hell are you even living here? If you need the goverment to hold your hand and tell you what you can and cant have then MOVE!!! As for me i will proudly stand for my rights like many of my family members have fought and died for so that I can and do own guns and always will. Your ideas are what seperate free will people and goverment controlled slaves.

With all do respect
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Its bumming me out I quit
Me too. My wife's really having a time with it. She went to lunch at my sons school yesterday.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The only reason i'm still debating gun control is the people calling for an immediate decision to be made by the government.
It wasn't 30 minutes after this happened people were already putting a political spin on it.

This is not the time for new laws, this is the time for remembrance and reflection. Decisions made out of anger are often ill thought
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS

So you just want to eliminate all firearms by any means possible!.. Either that or you just don't understand that the "ammo" made for the "Assault Rifle" is the same as the one made for the Hunting rifle!.. But by doing so you are also taking away people rights to self defense!..

By the way your argument about prisoners is invalid!.. They are criminals and that is why they are in prison!.. The idea is allowing people to protect themselves from criminals!..
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar