shooting at ct - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #71
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
^^ guys who cares not the Time nor the place to have this argument make another thread to argue lol if you do ill even put my opinion in there lol
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
^^ guys who cares not the Time nor the place to have this argument make another thread to argue lol if you do ill even put my opinion in there lol
Sorry lol it just really gets to me when someone doesnt have a clue what they are talking about... My wife is a teacher for kindergarten and really makes you think about how helpless you would be in that situation with nothing to fight back with.

And i have nothing but respect for anyone involved with that tragedy.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #73
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator View Post

Sorry lol it just really gets to me when someone doesnt have a clue what they are talking about... My wife is a teacher for kindergarten and really makes you think about how helpless you would be in that situation with nothing to fight back with.

And i have nothing but respect for anyone involved with that tragedy.
Exactly, All weapons are banned on school grounds. And criminals know that, that leaves schools sitting ducks for attacks like his.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #74
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

He lived with his mom. Please get your facts straight before trying to call me out.
Sorry forgot that he lived with her. But his mother knew that there was something wrong with him and chose not do diagnose him. She also apparently did not secure her guns enough.

When my uncle is not at the shooting range his guns are in a large safe at his house with a combo that only he and his wife know.

If the mother did properly secure the gun then there is no reason the son should know how to get them.[COLOR="Silver"]

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-750256121.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	81583  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Just talked to some friends who are Newtown Cops. Frankly it would have been better for the gun man to go into the school with a larger rifle...... No one in that town is doing well, i still dont understand why. :/
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27
Just talked to some friends who are Newtown Cops. Frankly it would have been better for the gun man to go into the school with a larger rifle...... No one in that town is doing well, i still dont understand why. :/
What do you mean exactly?...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

What do you mean exactly?...
The small caliber gun didnt kill the kids quickly...... that makes me sick
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #79
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Looks like there is legislation to require people to obtain a permit to buy ammo... So a criminal gets a gun illegally but this is supposed to stop them from getting ammo? If they get a gun illegally they sure as hell are going to get ammo illegally.

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27 View Post

The small caliber gun didnt kill the kids quickly...... that makes me sick
This is where people don't understand Ballistics very well!.. The 5.56, the round the shooter used actually creates more damage than a larger round will!.. It has a tendency to tumble around after it hits you!.. A larger round like the 7.62 actually would penetrate straight through!.. So in reality the larger round can cause and prolong suffering if paramedics are not available!.. There are two reasons why only two of the victims were taken to the hospital!.. 1. Being the calibre of the weapon used and its characteristics!.. In this case the 5.56!.. 2. Each victim was shot multiple times!..
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Just a couple of other interesting things in regards to this!..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3708476549.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	81641   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3921339261.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	81642  

Old 12-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is where people don't understand Ballistics very well!.. The 5.56, the round the shooter used actually creates more damage than a larger round will!.. It has a tendency to tumble around after it hits you!.. A larger round like the 7.62 actually would penetrate straight through!.. So in reality the larger round can cause and prolong suffering if paramedics are not available!.. There are two reasons why only two of the victims were taken to the hospital!.. 1. Being the calibre of the weapon used and its characteristics!.. In this case the 5.56!.. 2. Each victim was shot multiple times!..
Wow i acutally didnt know that but thats the case here, which just makes me sick. Those kids really shouldn't have suffered
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #83
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Really good thread. My thoughts and prayers are with these children and their families.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wasn't a sig and glock used, 9mm not the 556
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Wasn't a sig and glock used, 9mm not the 556
Last report I read stated he used the rifle!..

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote:

Wow i acutally didnt know that but thats the case here, which just makes me sick. Those kids really shouldn't have suffered
No one in that school deserved to die!..
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

And I disagree with your statement the smaller 556 round was designed to wound more often and a wounded solider has to be taken care of by many men. Many men taking care of a single man is better in war then just taking them out. Variation in lethality would differ from a jacketed round and non jacketed. Full metal jacket rounds do not break up in the body making them less lethal.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #87
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Really good thread. My thoughts and prayers are with these children and their families.
It really is good to discuss what is truly hard to even think about. That sounds funny, right? But I think it helps your mind deal with the unthinkable.

Greeny, I feel for you too as you live so close, ya know. I was watching the news and they talked about something similar that happened in Dunblane, Scotland nearly 17 years ago and how it still seems so fresh and painful to them. I just hope the families and community can find a way to keep on keeping on.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post

what im saying is that even though there are laws against these type of crimes, and we all know laws are made and people will break them but the govt shouldnt allow these types of guns to be sold to the average joe. they should only be allowed in hands of the military or police. no one needs an AK in their household
You sir are just an idiot then... While we are at it, lets take away your freedom of speech / expression because I don't like green... Who needs a green car...

That didn't make sense to you did it?
Good... Because that's how you sound to the rest of us. And if you had any knowledge what so ever, you'd know the general populace can't have the same as police and military...

Since you don't like guns, please stand in front of me and be my cover while I'll defend us from idiots

I chug syrup for money...
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #89
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

You sir are just an idiot then... While we are at it, lets take away your freedom of speech / expression because I don't like green... Who needs a green car...

That didn't make sense to you did it?
Good... Because that's how you sound to the rest of us. And if you had any knowledge what so ever, you'd know the general populace can't have the same as police and military...

Since you don't like guns, please stand in front of me and be my cover while I'll defend us from idiots
Come on now. You can make your point without the insults.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Yes definitely.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But it's idiots who are driving this country... Thank god I live in Texas where it'll be the last state that loses its gun rights

I'm a proud owner of 3 guns... And thankfully I never have to use them but so help me god if someone threatens my wife, I WILL not hesitate.

People like this guy want to remove that ability to protect their family and loved ones.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

And I disagree with your statement the smaller 556 round was designed to wound more often and a wounded solider has to be taken care of by many men. Many men taking care of a single man is better in war then just taking them out. Variation in lethality would differ from a jacketed round and non jacketed. Full metal jacket rounds do not break up in the body making them less lethal.
Sorry dude but your actually wrong!.. Before the US Military switched over to the 5.56 it was using the 7.62!.. Reasons for the switch was, 1. It is a NATO round and can be found all over the world!.. 2. It is a smaller calibre and there for weighs less!.. When in combat weight you are carrying means everything!.. Plus it being physically smaller meant you can carry more using the same amount of space!.. None of the "wound one, to actually take out many..... etc.". That is actually more along the lines of a Snipers Training and Mentality!.. And saying that because a round is a Full Metal Jacket there for it is less lethal, could not be further from the truth even if you tried!.. The 5.56 round used is a Full Metal Jacket round, has been known to ricochet around in the human body due to the size of the round!.. And nothing more!.. Ive seen reports were an individual was shot in the shoulder with a 5.56 and it ended up coming out of his ***!.. One shot one kill!.. That round penetrated, among other things, his heart and a lung!.. Saw another report were an individual was shot center in the chest and the round exited out the arm pit!.. Same 5.56 Full Metal Jacket!.. Once again one shot one kill!..
Old 12-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #93
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

But it's idiots who are driving this country... Thank god I live in Texas where it'll be the last state that loses its gun rights

I'm a proud owner of 3 guns... And thankfully I never have to use them but so help me god if someone threatens my wife, I WILL not hesitate.

People like this guy want to remove that ability to protect their family and loved ones.
There are many who might want all guns snatched away from everybody and banned from purchase. There are also many who might want all associated waits and bans lifted and have a "guns for everyone" approach. We have to realize that the wounds are fresh, fear is abound, confusion is everywhere. Could you blame someone for feeling either way? We shouldn't considering what happened. What we should do is comfort the families and work to strengthen our communities. Review our school safety. Take time to study just what gun control does for the people and what it doesn't do. Resist knee-jerk reactions of any kind. That is what would be the toughest to deal with. Changing something just because something happened, right after it happens, will do nothing. But the biggest focus now should be to get the healing process started so we can all think straight.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #94
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

There are many who might want all guns snatched away from everybody and banned from purchase. There are also many who might want all associated waits and bans lifted and have a "guns for everyone" approach. We have to realize that the wounds are fresh, fear is abound, confusion is everywhere. Could you blame someone for feeling either way? We shouldn't considering what happened. What we should do is comfort the families and work to strengthen our communities. Review our school safety. Take time to study just what gun control does for the people and what it doesn't do. Resist knee-jerk reactions of any kind. That is what would be the toughest to deal with. Changing something just because something happened, right after it happens, will do nothing. But the biggest focus now should be to get the healing process started so we can all think straight.
That is exactly the truth, but as we all know this nation is mostly run on people's emotions, which is complete stupid.

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't saying that we need to lift bans and waits and what not, hell I prefer the wait ( makes the surprise more worth it if that makes sense ). I think we agree that we don't need to pass them out or get rid of them all-together. I'm just saying we don't need to be rid of them that's all

Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think everyone is missing my point. 1st off, I am all for people having guns to protect themselves. I myself like guns. What I am saying is that there are too many displays of idiots in this world just walking into schools, malls, movie theaters, etc. and just shooting everyone to death. It's the bad apples that ruin it for everyone else. If the govt did a full sweep and took the guns and ammo away, then stopped producing ammo for such guns for the public to buy, it would cut down on acts of violence like this. It is society that cannot conduct themselves in a mature fashion. There are too many idiots roaming the earth that do such stupid things. I feel that we need to take away any option there is for anyone to do such stupid acts. If the object isn't there then no one can kill people with such object. Can they find other ways to harm others, sure. But not with that specific object.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
I think everyone is missing my point. 1st off, I am all for people having guns to protect themselves. I myself like guns. What I am saying is that there are too many displays of idiots in this world just walking into schools, malls, movie theaters, etc. and just shooting everyone to death. It's the bad apples that ruin it for everyone else. If the govt did a full sweep and took the guns and ammo away, then stopped producing ammo for such guns for the public to buy, it would cut down on acts of violence like this. It is society that cannot conduct themselves in a mature fashion. There are too many idiots roaming the earth that do such stupid things. I feel that we need to take away any option there is for anyone to do such stupid acts. If the object isn't there then no one can kill people with such object. Can they find other ways to harm others, sure. But not with that specific object.
Take a look at where the majority of these shootings happen to!.. Schools, malls, movies theaters!.. All of them are Weapon Free Zones!.. Why is that?... Could it be because the shooter then knows the odds are in his favor?... Never heard of a shoot out happening at a NRA convention!.. Or at a Gun Nad Knife Show!.. Never heard of some idiot running into a police station and shooting at them!.. Why is that?..

Before anyone starts talking about putting any kind of ban or restriction on firearms they need to answer these questions!.. Personally I find it very interesting!.. Lol
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just to fill you in, CT has some of the strickest gun laws in the country, and that guy tried to get a gun and was DENIED, the law did exactly what it was supose to do! (Food for thought + a point you can tear appart)
Your facts are wrong. He was only 20 years old and he couldn't buy the two handguns that were found near his body. He killed his mother and took her LEGALLY owned firearms and shot the school up.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #99
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
This has run it's course.. We are no longer grieving over lost children we are debating gun laws/politics which is not allowed because it NEVER ends well, ever.

Thread closed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar