Oh McCain.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Oh McCain..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Oh McCain..

Meh, Clinton and Obama are no different. We just don't have Obama one cause the guy hasn't been in Washington long enough.

That's all you are going to get though. Republicans and Democrats = That video.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

what do you expect when you have 3 liberals running for president?

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Regular

McCain isn't a liberal.

Reddit
Old 05-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #5

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
McCain isn't a liberal.

Well, he sure isn't a conservative. I'll take him over either of the democratic offerings, Dumb and Dumber, though.
Blt4dtuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
McCain isn't a liberal.
only in his own mind brent

93 mustang notch
Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i personally like to see people take action via the information age technology.

people are starting to realize that we can chew threw the bull****.

maybe someday in the near future we will have a candidate who is truly vote worthy.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I really hate election years...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
only in his own mind brent
Just because you author a few bills with the opposite side doesn't make you a liberal. On the issues he is very much a Republican. I won't say conservative because he isn't a conservative in the sense I think a true conservative should be, but he certainly is no where near a liberal.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
i personally like to see people take action via the information age technology.

people are starting to realize that we can chew threw the bull****.

maybe someday in the near future we will have a candidate who is truly vote worthy.

When they cut and paste selected pieces of video to make their point, which side is it that has to chew through the BS? With creative video splicing, you could make Hitler look like the ideal candidate.

Personally, I think that any of the three choices we currently have are subpar.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blt4dtuff View Post
Personally, I think that any of the three choices we currently have are subpar.
I think that is a major understatement.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
Regular

We have 5 choices as of right now

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just because you author a few bills with the opposite side doesn't make you a liberal. On the issues he is very much a Republican. I won't say conservative because he isn't a conservative in the sense I think a true conservative should be, but he certainly is no where near a liberal.
on the issues? surely you don't mean to tell me that because he tells the public he stands for this or that, that you honestly believe the man? he's campaigning and riding a party, just like every other politician he's a yes man, you know nothing more about him than I do.
personally I like to judge a man's character, and so far I haven't been impressed with any of the 3. all the good nominees got shutdown early in the race, mainly because washington is afraid of good men and women that won't play by their rules, mention something like the fair tax and right away your out.

93 mustang notch
Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #14
Regular

Quote:
on the issues? surely you don't mean to tell me that because he tells the public he stands for this or that, that you honestly believe the man? he's campaigning and riding a party, just like every other politician he's a yes man, you know nothing more about him than I do.
personally I like to judge a man's character, and so far I haven't been impressed with any of the 3. all the good nominees got shutdown early in the race, mainly because washington is afraid of good men and women that won't play by their rules, mention something like the fair tax and right away your out.
You claimed he was a liberal. That is far from the truth. He might not be a mainstream conservative but he is far from a liberal.

The thing that kills me is that George Bush republicans call him a liberal and Obama/Clinton Democrats call him 3rd term Bush. Which is it?

When it comes to economics he is very much inline with conservative principles. When it comes to foreign policy he is pretty much spot on with George Bush, though I think he would be much better than Bush, just because Bush has had to save face with all his claims since the war started and McCain can go in there and change things up more easily.

When it comes to who he would appoint to the Supreme Court he would choose conservative judges.

So he may not be the last 8 years of Bush or even Reagan Republican but he isn't a liberal.

I'm curious who you wanted to win the Republican nomination and who you will vote for in November?

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I don't consider myself party loyal, especially a george bush republican, however I do think another reagan republican wouldn't hurt this country.
I do believe we are killing ourselves with apathy and political correctness.
I do believe that when someone or some group/field/market makes a bad choice that
government should not build a program to protect it. (with some exception, farm aid isn't always a bad thing)
I do believe in majority rule and not special interests groups.
in all honesty I'd call myself central, I do cater somewhat to republicans but only because they tend to contain more social conservatives, though a good libertarian is always called my friend.
personally I thought both huckabee and romney were better than mcCaine and I really liked juliano as well

93 mustang notch
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #16

Quote:
personally I thought both huckabee and romney were better than mcCaine and I really liked juliano as well
Great post! I was hoping for a Fred Thompson presidency. I feel that either of the Dems running would be devastating for the country.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
I don't consider myself party loyal, especially a george bush republican, however I do think another reagan republican wouldn't hurt this country.
As much as people love to talk about Reagan he was responsible for the single largest deficit (until George Bush took office). He ran on a platform of reducing the role of the government in our lives but instead increased it. He ran to abolish the department of education but instead increased it's role. Granted, he was the better of the Presidents in our history, but being tired to the Republican name he still had his strings being pulled by Congress.

Quote:
I do believe we are killing ourselves with apathy and political correctness.
I agree

Quote:
I do believe that when someone or some group/field/market makes a bad choice that government should not build a program to protect it. (with some exception, farm aid isn't always a bad thing)
Agreed

Quote:
I do believe in majority rule and not special interests groups.
Agree to an extent. I believe we should go back to popular vote for all elections. I believe we should have all the primaries in one day. I believe that the laws should be rewritten in a way that they do not favor two parties. The majority is not always (read never) given all the information to base their votes off of. Right now we have 3rd parties that can't get air time.

One thing that just pisses me off to the point where my blood starts boiling is having national debates hosted by mainstream media and allowing these mainstream media **** heads to exclude candidates from debates because 'they feel' they don't have a chance. Ron Paul and Denniss Kucinich we not included in some debates during the primary season. This is absolutely uncalled for.

Quote:
in all honesty I'd call myself central, I do cater somewhat to republicans but only because they tend to contain more social conservatives, though a good libertarian is always called my friend.
Too me, Huckabee, Romney and Giuliani are no better than McCain. They are mainstream republican candidates that don't offer much different. Just words. Sure Huckabee had the whole FairTax thing going for him and that's swell, however there was only one candidate running for President that represented actual change to the way our government was run and EVERYONE SEEMS TO FORGET HIM.

Giuliani did nothing but play off 9/11 during the whole campaign, his time as New York's mayor was rittled with scandals. Romney was a big business Republican that was completely out of touch with the middle class and poor and all Huckabee did was go around talking about FairTax and how he was the most religious Republican running. Then he had the nerve to make a comment about how the Constitution should be rewritten to better reflect the Bible.

I'd start in the with Democrats but I don't even bother because I'll never vote for a Democrat for President. Period. I don't support the majority of their platform and these last few elections they have put the most liberal sons of *****es possible on the ballot. Obama is nothing more than a black Bill Clinton. He can talk the talk and appeal to the poor with handouts. He is authoring a bill that would make a Global Poverty Tax to send more money to rid the world of hunger. It's ridiculous.

The only time I'd vote for another Republican is if someone like Ron Paul was on the ballot. Denouncing the way the current Republican party has gone and try to get this country back to where its suppose to be.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

well you really are right brent, I can't call McCain a liberal, in my angst im guilty of using "the drive by phrase" in this case "McCain's just another lib" but it somewhat conveys the real idea in my head that if elected I feel like he's going to do more to cater to the demecratic house's agenda than his own because I feel like he, like alot of Rebs thinks thats why they lost. a lack of liberialism from the party, in which they believe the modern voter requires.... ugg.

I'll disagree on one thing, I think reaganomics works, I just don't feel like its a 4 year or even an 8 year plan.

I also pulled for ron paul, but felt he was way to radical for mainstream politics to ever accept him... im really surprised he isn't running independent, there are alot of supporters here, even some people doing write ins now.

93 mustang notch
Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
I'll disagree on one thing, I think reaganomics works, I just don't feel like its a 4 year or even an 8 year plan.
See, but he didn't follow his plan. He is so popular because he was able to convince the American people the Republican party was where it was at and he did this.... wait for this..... by using the military. The cold war and the Iranian hostage situation did wonders for him. Then he went on a spending rampage. He created deficits every budget. He might have cut taxes but you can't get away with that forever (see now). Cutting taxes while spending money you don't have only results in more money being created which increases inflation.

It's a no win situation. That's why I'm not a fan of Reagan anymore than any other politician.

What annoyed me was that during the debates ALL of the nominees (except Ron Paul) tried to make themselves out to be the next Reagan. Ron Paul instead highlighted on what Reagan ran on (less government, less spending, less taxes) but wasn't afraid to remind people he did not stay true to that campaign. Unfortunately for him the majority of Republicans act like Reagan was Jesus Christ and didn't take too well to someone not praising him.

This is my favorite part of all the debates:

He basically summed it up right there. America loses its focus. The whole debate was between Romney and McCain and they both believed the same thing. They just whined about the other guy said this a little different than the other. They weren't debating important issues about whether or not we should even be doing what we are doing right now and Ron Paul made that a point. We should be debating that.

Quote:
I also pulled for ron paul, but felt he was way to radical for mainstream politics to ever accept him... im really surprised he isn't running independent, there are alot of supporters here, even some people doing write ins now.
I agree that he was a lot to swallow for the average American. Didn't stop ME from voting for him though. I hope that other people will put their party loyalties aside (not you but others out there) and vote for actual change in 2008.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Hmmm...I think I will help solve this dilemma.

A. Clinton is a piece of trash, her husband is a pile of ****, and their whole family should jump off a cliff.
B. Obama is a racist professional politician in training.
C. McCain is completely confused
D. Ron Paul doesn't have a chance as he is perceived in the media as a nut job
E. THe fact that the only reason i have heard of the latest guy in Brent's sig, is because of Brent's sig, he too has no chance in the world. THe media will crush him.

The media wants Obama giving Obama a major head start. No matter who gets elected whether it be McCain or Obama....they are going to run this country into the ground with their bleeding hearts wanting to give handouts to the useless in this country.

In the mean time, I am awaiting the call of Wolverine. Until then, I will just sit back and eat my pop corn and watch these silly debates pop up over the next few months that serve no purpose because the major players are nothing but piles of turd.

There, that about sums up all these damn political debates.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Hmmm...I think I will help solve this dilemma.

A. Clinton is a piece of trash, her husband is a pile of ****, and their whole family should jump off a cliff.
B. Obama is a racist professional politician in training.
C. McCain is completely confused
D. Ron Paul doesn't have a chance as he is perceived in the media as a nut job
E. THe fact that the only reason i have heard of the latest guy in Brent's sig, is because of Brent's sig, he too has no chance in the world. THe media will crush him.

The media wants Obama giving Obama a major head start. No matter who gets elected whether it be McCain or Obama....they are going to run this country into the ground with their bleeding hearts wanting to give handouts to the useless in this country.

In the mean time, I am awaiting the call of Wolverine. Until then, I will just sit back and eat my pop corn and watch these silly debates pop up over the next few months that serve no purpose because the major players are nothing but piles of turd.

There, that about sums up all these damn political debates.
So basically what you are saying is... you're voting for Bob Barr.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
So basically what you are saying is... you're voting for Bob Barr.
I'm saying that I will be sitting here all election night watching the talking heads talk out their asses trying to predict who is winning what state based on 1% of the precincts reporting...and then listening to the other party ***** and complain about the fact that the talking heads predicted the winner too soon....

Other than that, my vote is going for porn.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Oh, and to clarify, I'm not even going to bother updating my voter registration address and I have no desire in participating the current leadership of this country.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #24
Regular

Quote:
I'm saying that I will be sitting here all election night watching the talking heads talk out their asses trying to predict who is winning what state based on 1% of the precincts reporting...and then listening to the other party ***** and complain about the fact that the talking heads predicted the winner too soon....

Other than that, my vote is going for porn.
Vote for Bob Barr. If you like what he stands for just go vote for him. I'll pay your gas... lol

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #25
Regular

Quote:
Oh, and to clarify, I'm not even going to bother updating my voter registration address and I have no desire in participating the current leadership of this country.
omg then vote to change it. <--- ME

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Vote for Bob Barr. If you like what he stands for just go vote for him. I'll pay your gas... lol
My voting place is like 1/4 mile away. I Read his website, hasn't really cleared anything up on where he stands on much...the only thing I got out of it that I Liked was the idea of becoming isolationists again...other than that, it was just status quo template politician website to me.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
omg then vote to change it. <--- ME
A presidential nominee is not going to change it. The death of ~600 politicians in washington is the only way to change it...until the alien ship comes and blows up washington with its wicked cool lasers....I vote for porn.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #28
Regular

So basically you are going to let other people (Republicans and Democrats) 'change' the country.

Please go vote.

Reddit
Old 05-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
So basically you are going to let other people (Republicans and Democrats) 'change' the country.

Please go vote.
No, I'm awaiting the rest of the american people to reach the same level of discontent and take this country back. Politicians are not the answer...they are the problem. Until change comes that kills the professional politicians, nothing will change. And you know damn well that the people that approve the laws sure as hell aren't going to approve limiting their life span in washington.

Before I die (assuming I live to old age), this country will once again reclaim itself. I just hope I am still young enough to help out when it does.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #30
Regular

We can kill the career politicians pretty easily. A Rep running for Congress in my area is running on a term limit campaign. He has a decent shot at winning though it will be close. You gotta not only vote in the general election for President but you got to vote in the Primaries for Senators and Reps, then you got to vote for them again in the General election. Got to get people in there that will fight for term limits and at least make it an issue so that it can gain support.

That's one of the biggest things I look for in a Congressman before I vote. It's whether or not they are in support of things such as term limits and movements such as the fairtax.

It all comes down to voting. I know it's not popular to try to get people you know to go vote but it's something you gotta do if you really want to get something changed. Starts local and goes larger, though its easier to convince a single person at the larger scale and work down on tha intrawebs.

Reddit
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 AM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Ok, I'll Vote...

Porn for President!!!!!

Seriously though, there isn't a single person running in the election in this state that is worth the air they breathe...when someone comes around that impresses me, I'll get out there. Until then, I refuse to just go out and vote for who I think is the lesser evil.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #32
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm voting for Mary
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
cai