V6 Mustang for first car? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post

a v8 as a teenager is stupid especially if he is paying for the car and the gas. The V6 is just a more sensible and economical car in every way. It's the smartest choice for a teenager with little money paying for the car himself. I have a v6 for my first car and love it. I don't need the speed because there will always be someone faster. Even if you get a new edge GT you'll get your butt kicked by any 4 cylinder s2000.
If he wants a sensible/ economic car then he shouldn't get a mustang! He should get a Toyota or a Honda. Price really isn't that big of a difference between v8 or v6, if he is an idiot he will get killed with any car. Just like the other person said, anything over 55 will kill. It doesn't matter what car or motor. Stock v8s don't have a lot of power compared to what other car have.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post

If he wants a sensible/ economic car then he shouldn't get a mustang! He should get a Toyota or a Honda. Price really isn't that big of a difference between v8 or v6, if he is an idiot he will get killed with any car. Just like the other person said, anything over 55 will kill. It doesn't matter what car or motor. Stock v8s don't have a lot of power compared to what other car have.
Weren't you the one that said that I was crazy for not wanting to go for the v8 a few pages back because I simply didn't want a GT? Or was that toward me lol
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

take it to pm's guys...

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

Weren't you the one that said that I was crazy for not wanting to go for the v8 a few pages back because I simply didn't want a GT? Or was that toward me lol
I never said anything to anybody directly. All I said was that I thought that it sounded a little weak saying that they wouldn't want a gt because it has too much power. I don't even know if it was you.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Lets try to steer this back to the original topic: would a v6 be a good first car.

It seems that everyone who has a v6 says yes because they're cheaper and safer. Everyone with a v8 says yes to getting a v6 if your irresponsible, but it is totally worth the little bit extra money to get a v8 if you aren't.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never said anything to anybody directly. All I said was that I thought that it sounded a little weak saying that they wouldn't want a gt because it has too much power. I don't even know if it was you.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Lets try to steer this back to the original topic: would a v6 be a good first car.

It seems that everyone who has a v6 says yes because they're cheaper and safer. Everyone with a v8 says yes to getting a v6 if your irresponsible, but it is totally worth the little bit extra money to get a v8 if you aren't.
i've had two v8's and two v6's...i still say v6 lol. it's not black and white here...i'm the gray

Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The v6 isn't safer. They are both death traps with seat belts. If he's got the money start with the v6. If he feels he can handle the power then go with the v8 but he may end up in the trees.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

The v6 isn't safer. They are both death traps with seat belts. If he's got the money start with the v6. If he feels he can handle the power then go with the v8 but he may end up in the trees.
It's a rear wheel drive sorts car without a lsd (s97), you'll be off the road with or without the v8. He says he drives responsibly so get the six to keep with lower ownership costs. You could always be a main driver on one of your parents cars, they can be the main in the mustang to keep insurance lower and just drive your car... But that would be shady O
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

We can go at this for days am days but what sits in your driveway is what you choose. People that don't own one will think we are crazy gear heads. Anyway, its his car, his money, his time. But we do raise valid points on each. Just a summary.

V6= cheaper insurance, gas, and cost overall. Good power and good value for the car. And if you don't like the mustang then your not in it alot. Mod market is more appearance and simple stuff. Good DD value.

V8= still around the same insurance(not me), premium gas is preferred among what I've seen, and the modding market is bigger, fun factor is more yet can get in trouble faster lol both can though, that legendary v8 sound and that status of saying, I got a GT.

That's about the gists of them.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's hard to not go get a GT after hearing the sound of the 2v with a good exhaust system. Sounds like sex, but almost better haha
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
It's hard to not go get a GT after hearing the sound of the 2v with a good exhaust system. Sounds like sex, but almost better haha
Agreed.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We can go at this for days am days but what sits in your driveway is what you choose. People that don't own one will think we are crazy gear heads. Anyway, its his car, his money, his time. But we do raise valid points on each. Just a summary.

V6= cheaper insurance, gas, and cost overall. Good power and good value for the car. And if you don't like the mustang then your not in it alot. Mod market is more appearance and simple stuff. Good DD value.

V8= still around the same insurance(not me), premium gas is preferred among what I've seen, and the modding market is bigger, fun factor is more yet can get in trouble faster lol both can though, that legendary v8 sound and that status of saying, I got a GT.

That's about the gists of them.
+1 I always say I have a ford gt to people. I just happen to leave out the mustang part. Lol

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
I gotta get mine to sound like that!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 I always say I have a ford gt to people. I just happen to leave out the mustang part. Lol

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I gotta get mine to sound like that!
I love it man..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #83
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
That's why I went from wanting a 05-09 V6 to 99-04 GT, it will be my first owned car, but I've had my license for 16 months so far.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

That's why I went from wanting a 05-09 V6 to 99-04 GT, it will be my first owned car, but I've had my license for 16 months so far.
I went from owning a 99 v6 to owning a 02 GT..trust me, get the GT
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i went from owning an '04 GT and sold it for an '04 v6 ...

Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i went from owning an '04 GT and sold it for an '04 v6 ...
Obviously a good reason
Old 12-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

But we aren't a 15 year old getting their first car.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Obviously a good reason
not really..besides i was getting married and i wanted a car she could handle without me worrying. so i get a solid performing stang still that looks great, and she won't kill herself lol

Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Speed isn't everything. Remember he has to pay for it and has a budge of 3k
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'm sure he can get a 5.0 fox for 3k
Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have to be realistic. If your responsible and won't be stupid then get the gt. if your going to be an idiot get a sixxer. I got a gt but I know that I'm responsible enough to handle it. They do have a lot more go than they do stop, but just don't be dumb. As far as gas goes it isn't that big of a difference as long as you don't have a lead foot, but even then you could still get awful mpg in a v6.
Let's get real for a sick :p
Responsible, your profile pic is doing a burnout in the middle of the road :p
Haha I just wanted to point that out, not trying to start something
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Let's get real for a sick :p
Responsible, your profile pic is doing a burnout in the middle of the road :p
Haha I just wanted to point that out, not trying to start something
This was never about me. It is about him. Besides it is a burnout, not a picture of my speedo at 120 or something.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

one more off topic run and it's closed

Old 12-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Speed isn't everything. Remember he has to pay for it and has a budge of 3k
Very true, for 3k I'd def go with a 6...will def find a more reliable, lower mileage, less problematic 6er for 3k before a GT...just sayin how I felt when I purchased my 6, absolutely loved it for a bit, than craved for more and once that craving hits, it never goes away
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I think for a DD and first car I wouldn't want a fox that has to be worked on. Get something reliable. I've yet to see a GT in my area for 3k. That's for a crappy v6 price. It seems we are saying what we would do with our money + $3,000 and many would say GT. but he is 15, small budget, insurance wise, etc.

And there has been more of a v6/v8 battle than anything. There has been more off topic things elsewhere. It'll be fine, silly admin/mods.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #96

Region: Florida
Not really

I wouldn't recommend one for safety. They're fast, handke poorly, cost a lot to insure, and get horrible gas mileage. I had a 1995 GT for my first car and it was incredibly fun. So if you really want a mustang, get a v8. Most guys will say you drive a chick car if you get the v6. And I honestly agree.
Connorjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorjs2000 View Post
I wouldn't recommend one for safety. They're fast, handke poorly, cost a lot to insure, and get horrible gas mileage. I had a 1995 GT for my first car and it was incredibly fun. So if you really want a mustang, get a v8. Most guys will say you drive a chick car if you get the v6. And I honestly agree.
Yet the 2005 - present V6s outpower the earlier model GTs. If I was 16 and getting my first car, I would not mind a V6. My friends could call it a chick car if they wanted to. My response would be that they are right, the ladies love my car.

My first car was a 71 Chevelle with a 396 big block. I think I got 8mpg, but I didn't care. I was an idiot for selling the car to my uncle. The car was beautiful, but not something the ladies loved. That thing was loud, rode like a wagon after I lowered it, had no A/C, no power steering, and a lousy stereo. It was brutally fast though.

Who am I kidding? I wouldn't have changed a thing. I would take a slow V8 over a fast V6 in a Mustang.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
^ fyi only the 2011+ had the cyclone engine that makes 305 hp. The 2005-2010 only made 210. Considering the weight of the car really not that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
^ fyi only the 2011+ had the cyclone engine that makes 305 hp. The 2005-2010 only made 210. Considering the weight of the car really not that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
OK, I was off by a year.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
v6 mustang