2V - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
2V

why do 2v mustangs get so much ****? Haha
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
schmitty426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodbury
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Lol u may have just started a war
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Hahaha well i guess we will see where this goes
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Bc there turds ( bomb lit lol jk)
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
I don't know, since they are the best sounding fuel injected mustang.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
I don't know, since they are the best sounding fuel injected mustang.
Thats what i think!
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003mustangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 205
Because all the 4v guys think since they have 2 more valves per cylinder they are so much better and more powerful! When in reality I know plent 2v's that will smash 3v Guys and 4v guys all day! Myself included! plus its no fun to get a cobra or mach ad beat a 2v! The prize is getting a 2v and seeing their face when you blow by em!
2003mustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
schmitty426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodbury
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003mustangGT View Post
Because all the 4v guys think since they have 2 more valves per cylinder they are so much better and more powerful! When in reality I know plent 2v's that will smash 3v Guys and 4v guys all day! Myself included! plus its no fun to get a cobra or mach ad beat a 2v! The prize is getting a 2v and seeing their face when you blow by em!
Well put there sir
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
No different than the v6 vs v8 threads :p

Any idiot can make a v8 (or in this case 4v) fast
But it takes a real lunatic to make a fast v6 ( or in this case 2v)
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003mustangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post

Well put there sir
Thankyou!
2003mustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam minnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Go 2v all day long
sam minnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
after throwing tons of bolt ons at a 2v and still getting beat by 3v's on the track i decided my next GT will be minimum a 3v. still at least they sound good.

btw i'm moving the thread ok since these types of threads aren't tech...and well because people get heated easily on here lol
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
No different than the v6 vs v8 threads :p

Any idiot can make a v8 (or in this case 4v) fast
But it takes a real lunatic to make a fast v6 ( or in this case 2v)
True. But we all would be foolish if we simply didn't recognize our place!.. Stock for stock and mod for mod the V6 won't compare to the 2v, nor 2v to the 3v let alone to the 4v. And then we have the Terminator and the new 5.0 and we all know how those two stack up.. That's why personally I don't care about trying to be better than the next guy. I'm just building my car the way I want and that's it.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i agree...we all drive our cars for one reason or another...build it how you like it and enjoy life
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

True. But we all would be foolish if we simply didn't recognize our place!.. Stock for stock and mod for mod the V6 won't compare to the 2v, nor 2v to the 3v let alone to the 4v. And then we have the Terminator and the new 5.0 and we all know how those two stack up.. That's why personally I don't care about trying to be better than the next guy. I'm just building my car the way I want and that's it.
Spot on man i like it. Build your car the way you want it who cares what other people say
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
I've built a 2v and while it would have been a monster if it hadn't locked up I won't go back and build another... To much time and money
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
True. But we all would be foolish if we simply didn't recognize our place!.. Stock for stock and mod for mod the V6 won't compare to the 2v, nor 2v to the 3v let alone to the 4v. And then we have the Terminator and the new 5.0 and we all know how those two stack up.. That's why personally I don't care about trying to be better than the next guy. I'm just building my car the way I want and that's it.
I know :p and I'm not trying to get anything started. But the idea of this thread isn't about performance, it's about the condescending way people with the more desirable cars talk to the lower models.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

True. But we all would be foolish if we simply didn't recognize our place!.. Stock for stock and mod for mod the V6 won't compare to the 2v, nor 2v to the 3v let alone to the 4v. And then we have the Terminator and the new 5.0 and we all know how those two stack up.. That's why personally I don't care about trying to be better than the next guy. I'm just building my car the way I want and that's it.
+1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #19
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i agree...we all drive our cars for one reason or another...build it how you like it and enjoy life
Another +1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
You guys know how I feel about 4, 6, and 8 cyl Mustangs. I enjoy hearing about all the modding everybody does and respect them all. It's all about the enjoyment we get out of our cars.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
You guys know how I feel about 4, 6, and 8 cyl Mustangs. I enjoy hearing about all the modding everybody does and respect them all. It's all about the enjoyment we get out of our cars.
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Just love you're car doesn't matter what cylinder or how many valves it has
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Just love you're car doesn't matter what cylinder or how many valves it has
+1 I broke traction in 2nd today and it fishtailed pretty bad
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam minnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
I have to get in one of these 4v to see how much more powerful they are... which stangs came with a three valve
sam minnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam minnick View Post
I have to get in one of these 4v to see how much more powerful they are... which stangs came with a three valve
05-10 I think
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam minnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
This argument sounds like the old days big block or small block.. both can make awesome power it just depends how much you want to spend

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

This argument sounds like the old days big block or small block.. both can make awesome power it just depends how much you want
to spend
sam minnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
You guys know how I feel about 4, 6, and 8 cyl Mustangs. I enjoy hearing about all the modding everybody does and respect them all. It's all about the enjoyment we get out of our cars.
Couldn't agree more. In my eyes all mustangs are made equal.
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally2002 View Post

Couldn't agree more. In my eyes all mustangs are made equal.
Negative. Not all Mustangs are made equal. Mine is the absolute best one ever!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #29
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

Negative. Not all Mustangs are made equal. Mine is the absolute best one ever!!...
There is the example of how it should work. Whatever style/model it may be, it's the best ever to you.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
BenGT07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 309
I don't get the haters. Buddy is building a Subaru WRX and he was getting tired of the bashing (around 300 whp and 350 ft/lb tq). It's like I told him, build your car, enjoy your car and screw everyone else. The only people I "hate" are the ones that "mod" an Altima or a civic with a body kit and fart can and then claim to be fast.
__________________
In the market for a Fox body...
SOLD: 2007 Performance white GT Premium.
Performance: Eibach lowering kit, SVT wheels, Steeda Camber Casters, Steeda short throw, FRPP 4.10's, Airraid CAI, BBK 62mm TB, Brenspeed Detroit Rockers, Pypes Longtubes with O/R H and Violators.
For fun: Window louvers, 15% tint, Raxiom tinted taillights, J&L Audio sub.
BenGT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post
I don't get the haters. Buddy is building a Subaru WRX and he was getting tired of the bashing (around 300 whp and 350 ft/lb tq). It's like I told him, build your car, enjoy your car and screw everyone else. The only people I "hate" are the ones that "mod" an Altima or a civic with a body kit and fart can and then claim to be fast.
+1037372629
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGT07 View Post
I don't get the haters. Buddy is building a Subaru WRX and he was getting tired of the bashing (around 300 whp and 350 ft/lb tq). It's like I told him, build your car, enjoy your car and screw everyone else. The only people I "hate" are the ones that "mod" an Altima or a civic with a body kit and fart can and then claim to be fast.
Yea i've got 2 of those types of people at my school.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea i've got 2 of those types of people at my school.
I have about a million of those types of people in my town. I love when I fly by them exhaust screaming and watching them stare at me as i pass with there jaw dropped.
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
They shouldn't!

Grip owned a cobra when I had my 01 GT.. he was completely trash talking how I didn't need that much tire in the pits.. I still spun mine a bit.. and beat him lol.. I had intake catback and 3.73 gears lol



---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

And another Cobra from the same night, this cobra was a dog, seen it there tons of times, consistent 9s lol

01 Mustang GT vs 03 Mustang Cobra - YouTube

The little 2V that could. .. .. beat a driver
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
They shouldn't!

Grip owned a cobra when I had my 01 GT.. he was completely trash talking how I didn't need that much tire in the pits.. I still spun mine a bit.. and beat him lol.. I had intake catback and 3.73 gears lol



---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

And another Cobra from the same night, this cobra was a dog, seen it there tons of times, consistent 9s lol

01 Mustang GT vs 03 Mustang Cobra - YouTube

The little 2V that could. .. .. beat a driver
+1000000
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.