Linkin Park Hands Held High - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Linkin Park Hands Held High

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Linkin Park Hands Held High

Oh hey look, more Bush bashing...

Did you see the Boondock Saints scene?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Get used to it. I thought it was a good video so I posted it. When a Democrat starts running the country into the ground like Bush has, I'll gladly ***** about them too. Until then, it's Bush that keeps doing stupid **** that has the greatest impact on this country.

Quote:
Did you see the Boondock Saints scene?
No, where was it?

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
its sad.

cant wait for the next president so i can jump on that bandwagon too.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
its sad.

What's sad is people still supporting Bush. You've already showed that if the current President was Democratic you wouldn't be complaining about someone constantly bashing him. Stop being a party loyalist.

Reddit
Old 05-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
its sad.

I hear it is nice and padded and comfortable up there on that wagon too.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

ok, whats wrong with bush??
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
ok, whats wrong with bush??

I guess I could start with the most obvious. Iraq. You know, that war that wasn't needed. The country that was a direct thread to our National Security with all their Weapons of Mass Destruction.

The war that is currently costing this country $10 Billion dollars a month to maintain. The war that has no end in sight. The war that has made us less secure than more secure.

Then we can start on how George Bush, the guy that ran on limited government interference in our lives, as done more to increase Government than Bill Clinton. Has done more to take our right away via the Patriot Act than any President since World War II. The guy that is currently illegally spying on American Citizens without court orders. The guy that has signed over 180 signing orders that allow him to wiggle around laws.

The guy that no one wants to talk bad about on here because he's a Republican.

This country can not continue to spend money the way we have the last 8 years. We have a $9 trillion debt. I mean wtf. Is that cool with everyone on here? You can blame it on Congress sure. Bush has veto power. He never uses it though unless it has something to do with science or religion.

Yet, opposing all those things gets me labeled a bandwagon jumper by Thomas, just because in the past I was stupid enough to go along with it. I'll gladly take that label cause the alternative sucks. The alternative is that this country goes deeper into debt, we start more wars and nothing ever gets resolved in this country.

The biggest thing that George Bush has done to screw up this country is ruin the conservative movement.

We need a third party to rise up. Until people stop being party loyalist that will never happen. You have a chance to vote for actual change every 4 years. Voting for a mainstream Republican or Democrat (Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Obama, Clinton) is not actual change. Sure, one might suck a little less than the other but their priorities are all screwed up.

Reddit
Old 05-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

The Boondock Saints scene is at 2:24.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I guess I could start with the most obvious. Iraq. You know, that war that wasn't needed. The country that was a direct thread to our National Security with all their Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Are you sure that there wasn't WMD's?

There was a very very brief moment in our media after the beginning of the war that spoke little of Russia's involvement w/ helping Iraq rid of some weapons.

Searched for <weapons of mass destruction and Russia>

Here are 3 articles I read searching on this topic.

Interesting stuff.

WMD: Believe Iraq or Believe the Evidence?

The link above starts at the top and then breaks at reference point 13. There will then be a few comments then the article starts over again. I picked back up a point 13 and continued to the end of the article. The references of where the info came from is at the bottom.

Saddam's WMDs: The Russian connection and the cover-up

"Despite Iraq's 8 billion dollar debt to Russia, Primakov convinced the Russian government to invest anew in rebuilding Iraqi military forces after Saddam's humiliating defeat in the Gulf War. "Secret agreements, signed between Iraqi intelligence and the Russian GRU, provided for clean-up operations to be conducted by Russian and Iraqi military personnel — to remove WMDs, materials for production, technical documentation, etc., from Iraq, so that the regime could announce that Iraq was 'WMD free." "

The Iraqi WMDs and the Russian Military Strategy in the Middle East

"Almost to the "last minute", before the Coalition invaded Saddam's Iraq, the Russian Government tried to prevent the war and to stop the US-led attack on the Iraqi regime. The Russians could have blocked the United States, if the USG would put the final decision about the war into the hands of the members of the UN Security Council. But the USG decided to bypass the UN and strike first. President Vladimir Putin and the Russian military leaders decided to take preventive measures to avoid the blame in case the Coalition forces run into big depos of Russian-produced WMDs or components for their production, stored in Iraq. At the same time, saving their own face, they could accuse the Americans of "fabricating" WMD evidence as a "casus bellum"."

Makes me wonder..
Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7311 View Post
Are you sure that there wasn't WMD's?

There was a very very brief moment in our media after the beginning of the war that spoke little of Russia's involvement w/ helping Iraq rid of some weapons.

Searched for <weapons of mass destruction and Russia>

Here are 3 articles I read searching on this topic.

Interesting stuff.

WMD: Believe Iraq or Believe the Evidence?

The link above starts at the top and then breaks at reference point 13. There will then be a few comments then the article starts over again. I picked back up a point 13 and continued to the end of the article. The references of where the info came from is at the bottom.

Saddam's WMDs: The Russian connection and the cover-up

"Despite Iraq's 8 billion dollar debt to Russia, Primakov convinced the Russian government to invest anew in rebuilding Iraqi military forces after Saddam's humiliating defeat in the Gulf War. "Secret agreements, signed between Iraqi intelligence and the Russian GRU, provided for clean-up operations to be conducted by Russian and Iraqi military personnel — to remove WMDs, materials for production, technical documentation, etc., from Iraq, so that the regime could announce that Iraq was 'WMD free." "

The Iraqi WMDs and the Russian Military Strategy in the Middle East

"Almost to the "last minute", before the Coalition invaded Saddam's Iraq, the Russian Government tried to prevent the war and to stop the US-led attack on the Iraqi regime. The Russians could have blocked the United States, if the USG would put the final decision about the war into the hands of the members of the UN Security Council. But the USG decided to bypass the UN and strike first. President Vladimir Putin and the Russian military leaders decided to take preventive measures to avoid the blame in case the Coalition forces run into big depos of Russian-produced WMDs or components for their production, stored in Iraq. At the same time, saving their own face, they could accuse the Americans of "fabricating" WMD evidence as a "casus bellum"."

Makes me wonder..
If you have to work that hard to find Weapons of Mass Destruction, they weren't a threat to us. If we knew they had Weapons of Mass Destruction we should have had solid evidence before starting a war and then coming up empty handed.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Why don't you read the **** before you post...
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Regular

I did. I've seen it a million times. I know there aren't any WOMD. They didn't send them to Syria, because if they did then Bush would be making a case for that. He isn't. They never had Weapons of Mass Destruction when we said they did. Russia didn't want the U.S. invading Iraq because they were doing behind the door oil deals. Same for France. This has been entirely documented.

You think that George Bush would leave it up to three articles to make the basis for his entire war being legitimate? Yea, right.

When he started his campaign for this war there was two things he stressed. Iraq was a direct threat to the United States because of their chemical and biological weapons and they were harboring Al Qaeda. Both were false.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

there is no possible way you've read those articles that quick..

may answer some of what you just typed.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
there is no possible way you've read those articles that quick..

may answer some of what you just typed.
Quote:
But of course, you already know that, if you've been reading this column or have listened to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or watched Fox News. Much of the rest of the media have cheerfully assisted in the "No WMDs" mantra.
That's as far as I got then I closed the tab. Just because a bunch of Neocons says there were WMD doesn't mean there were.

You don't start wars without being attacked. Period. This preemptive war **** has got to go. Iraq did nothing to us. If anything they were a threat to Iran. Let the Middle East deal with the Middle East. If we stopped ****ing around in the middle east and try to force out lifestyle on them maybe they wouldn't feel the need to come over here and hijack our planes and fly them into buildings.

You think you'd be cool with Saudi Arabia coming over here and telling you your religion was wack and your style of government was wrong? No you wouldn't. The United States is not God's gift to the world, no matter what they told you in Church. It's a great country yes, but for far to long it has thought of its self as the world police, even when it its self is just about as corrupt as the people we talk down too.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

/sigh & shakes head
Old 05-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
/sigh & shakes head
Funny, I get that reaction too Especially when you bust out die hard Neocon columns as proof there were WMD.

You've stated in the past you don't have a problem sending American troops to war with the entire Middle East. I really don't have to defend myself against that. That's insane.

What has this war accomplished? Nothing. It's just pissed off the Middle East even more, caused Iran to be able to push for Nuclear Weapons without fear of major retaliation, caused our dollar and economy to weaken, our deficit to skyrocket and push America toward a more liberal country.

It just blows my mind how anyone can stick up for Bush. Playing party favorites is what's wrong with this country. When people stop acting like the Republicans are the only good party or the Democrats are the only good party, things will start to change in this country for the good.

The really big thing that pisses me off most is I have to pay the government over 11k a year in taxes so they can do this bull****. Then they wonder why the economy sucks.

So forgive me for being pissed off at me being robbed blind by the government.

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #18
Regular

I figured this was appropriate, since you wanted to post links: Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction | Salon

Reddit
Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

It's all retarded either way you look at it. Bush used 911 as the main reason to go into war. I dont doubt in my mind he had other reasons he didn't disclose with the public. The government is just ****ed up there is no right. We just need to get rid of all of our government and start fresh, but that will never happen.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

The biggest question still remains...

Did you see the Boondock Saints scene yet?
Old 05-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #21
Regular

I saw it.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar