Question about death race? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Question about death race?

ok i understand that there was death race 2000 which was made in 1975 ok. now which one of thesenewer death race movies are the remake? there is the one with icp in it called death razors, and the one with that mustang in it and all that. which one is the remake of the 1975 movie? i saw the one with icp and im about to watch this , 2008 death race with the mustang in it now. so ye which one is the remake?

columbanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

...O.K., here's the real 'skinny' on these films...

...the recent intense sci-fi/actioner, "Death Race", which starred dynamic Euro-action star Jason Statham, was more of a part-re-imagining, part-sequel to Roger Corman's original 1975 cult film; in the new film, the character of 'Frankenstein', from the original cult classic, is carried over from the original film, and in fact, during the pre-credit sequence, the grotesque and heavily masked Frankenstein is engaged in yet another race, and in a homage to the original film, veteran actor David Carradine, who played the character in the original film, initially voices the ill-fated character, before Jason Statham steps in (...his voice was very unmistakable, in the sequence).....

...I have seen the trailer for the recent direct-to-video release of "Death Racers", and it appears that this film appears to be a slightly different, but direct rip-off attempt to remake the original film, as well as a blatant attempt to ride the coattails of the theatrical success of "Death Race". This is not at all surprising, knowing the the distribution and production company, called The Asylum, has also produced and distributed "Death Racers", as well; The Asylum, for the past several years, has been notorious for producing and releasing direct-to-video remakes/rip-offs of higher profiles movies, which are either playing on the big screen at the time, or are reputed and recognized cult classics. Here is a list of films, which they have attempted to emulate...

....they did "Monster", to cash in on "Cloverfield"
....they did "Hillside Cannibals", to cash in on "The Hills Have Eyes"
....they did "Freakshow", to cash in on the classic film, "Freaks"
....they did "Transmorphers", to cash in on "Transformers"
....they did "Invasion of the Pod People", to cash in on "Invasion"
....they did "Alien vs. Hunter", to cash in on "Alien vs. Predator"
....they did "The DaVinci Treasure", to cash in on "The DaVinci Code"
....they did "Night of the Dead", to cash in on "Re-Animator"
....they did "Snakes on a Train", to cash in on "Snake on a Plane"
....they did "I Am Omega", to cash in on "I Am Legend"
....they did "Sunday School Musical", to cash in on "High School Musical"
....they did "The Day the Earth Stopped", to cash in on "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
....they did "Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls", to cash in on "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"
....they did "Halloween Night", to cash in on "Rob Zombie's Halloween"
....they did "100 Million BC", to cash in on "10,000 BC"
....they did "30,000 Leagues Under the Sea", to cash in on "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
....they did "Street Racers", to cash in on the "Fast and the Furious" films
....they did "King of the Lost World", to cash in on "King Kong"
....they did "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "War of the Worlds", to cash in on.....well, at this point, you get the message....

....and now, they have added "Death Racers" into their fold of rip-off movies....and there are countless others....

....some of them are interesting, but most of them are laudable, cheap and pretty forgettable & negligible; in renting and/or purchasing these films, it's pretty 'touch and go', and in the end, the old, wise and reliable saying comes into play, namely 'caveat emptor', or 'let the buyer beware"....

...I realize that this has been a very long-winded and roundabout way of answering your question, but as far as the clearly better retake on the classic "Death Race 2000", I would definitely recommend the Jason Statham movie, to be sure.....

hassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

not too sure, only saw death race 2000 (1975) but I do know they just made a remake with Jason Statham.. came out over the summer I think, and its just called.. Death Race
imported_daman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar