Need a lawyer to please answer my question!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Need a lawyer to please answer my question!?

This is my fiancee's case. He is 19 years old. On march 24 of 2009 he bought a Mustang from Ford. They required a deposit of $1500.00 but he didn't have it at the time so they offered to hold onto a post dated check for 30 days and would NOT deposit it before without permission. They deposited it April 2 of 2009 without his permission and then called and said they could take care of the fees. We had to drive to SLC and speak to the Ken Garff Ford's finance guy to get the money and finally did after 2 days of showing the evidence.
They also used the insurance out of my Ford Focus in my Dad's name and used it for the Mustang so he could drive it off the lot. They asked for my car insurance and said it'd work. So they used it Infraudulantly.
So the car was financed before he was even ready to get the money for the deposit and before he had insurance.
He ended up having it repoed before 30 days because he couldn't handle the car payment and insurance in his name on the car and all his other bills.
(The car payment would not have began until May 8th)
So, Cross Check called because they said we had to pay them the $1500 because they loaned the money to Ford so they could have it financed. so we paid.
Now The Credit Union is saying we have to pay them the $1500 plus other fees adding up to over $5,000 because they did the loan.
He has to go to court now against the credit union because of all of this.
The Breakdown!
They used insurance infraudulantly
They financed the car before the 30 days promised
They deposited the check before the 30 days (promised) was up
We paid the deposit of $1500 to the Cross Check

So why are we having to deal with court from the credit union.

Shouldn't they be going after Ford because we paid them the $1500 they required!

llevelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Need a lawyer to please answer my question!?

Ford Didn't take out a loan on a car they couldn't afford, your Fiance Did...

Sounds like Ford is guilty of scuzzy high pressure sales tactics and they took advantage of your Fiance but didn't do anything illegal (that you cna prove any way)

How did they deposit a check dated for the end of april on april second? Did he put the date from march on the check and they just had a verbal agreement not to cash it?
yitzchak8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar