Depresing horse news .... any nice words to help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Depresing horse news .... any nice words to help?

well when the mustang i rode got put down 2 yars ago i promiced myself that i would NEVER fall for a horse that har....because it hurt so much to let go

well....then iowa, a chestnut touroughbred came along....and it wasn;t love at first sight but i grew very close to him and his goofy and bad ways of behaving...............2 months ago i stopped riding him because after falling off of him 5 times in a row...i realized that at 20, he was getting to old to do what i do in my lessons....mainly the jumping...
i still ride him occationly ... but i mostly teach him tricks and give him carrots and peppermints.........the issue is that i feel bad riding him and nobody else will ride him because he is the type of horse where you fall deeply in love with him or hate him....most people hate him

they had decided to sell him a month ago and i think it is for the best though they'll be selling a piece of my heart too......

then today i learned that the owner of the horse
camdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to give you the famous quote that gets me through all of my hardships. It went something like:

"Eanie Meanie and Meiny Moe told me to pick the very best one. Catch that tiger by it's tail. My mom will pay if you're not it."

That's basically what it was I think. It means that life, isn't all fun and games. Sometimes we wish we could go back in time and undo certain actions, to prevent heartache further off down the road. Just stop and think about how happy you were, with that horse. Imagine the experiences you would have missed out on if you hadn't loved it. Experiences like this only make you stronger as a person. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade. Hang on to your best memories, just like Eani and Meiny told you to hang onto the tiger's tail. The memories might bite, but letting go wont get you anywhere pleasant.
innis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im so sorry. You must feel horrible! I know that just getting another horse wont help to much because no one could replace your mustang, but you could get another horse.
kealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I am sooooo sorry. The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there be sun, just think of the days.... Chin up girl. ITs hard to let go, extremely, everyday will become easier for you. Its wats best for him.

No ride is ever the last one. No horse is ever the last one you will
have. Somehow there will always be other horses, other places to ride
them.
Monica Dickens

He will be in your heart always~
emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Talk to the buyer and maby get her email so that she can tell you how the horse is doing, and see if you can vist him once in awhile
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I am sorry that you lost your pals. That is why I own and ride my own horses. I don't have to worry about them disappearing on my. They are mine and I decide what happens to them.
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Go yell muahahahaaa in the buyers face! *laughing out loud!*
I feel sorry though. V.V
Kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lean to type missy - that was complete gobble-d-g00k that made no sense.
wakiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

your luckly..my horse is still missin...spiders got him...

http://wwwemcsquared.blogspot.com/20...foot-long.html
raimondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I do horse rescue, and have had several very old one die from natural causes. Also i rehome to loving homes. It doesnt get any easier and you worry.

You gave love and cared. You did all you could. You carnt do any more.
cipriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately in life, you have to take the downs as well as the ups... but it often has a wierd way of working out. It's almost like you have to get through some bad times in order to get to the good times.

If you can go and see this horse that is moving away with it's owner then do so because it's nice to stay in touch. Put the word out that you are available to ride people's horses and although you may have to wait awhile, you never know what will turn up.

Chin up... remember when you are at rock bottom, the only way is up!
hawiovi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

So sorry for u. I know it hurts. Every horse lover falls in love with a horse. Thats life. I'm really sorry again. But there is not much u can do.
Jorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

well look at the bright side he will be staying with his owner NOT going to a sale or to someone he dont no. he will be with his owner thats good i dont no how far he is going if its not to far you could go see him. so dont me sad be happy for him it will be fine.
aodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Sad that you wont have that horse around anymore. Hard to say goodbye. Remember all the great times with him and think about how happy you made the horse while you were in his life...
Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I feel so sorry! I got really attached to a lesson horse once too. They ended up selling him becuase the other girls didn't like him, I think that was becuase you had to work hard to do good on him, and you had to ride him and work with him a lot to get him to bond with you, but I did those things, and fell in love. My heart was crushed too the day I heard he was going. I live in Colorado, and he was going to Texas. I loved that horse to peices, I just had this conection where I swear he could understand me and was acctually my friend. I remember crying my heart out with him the day before he left, I just sat in the pasture with him all day crying. I can say something good though. I never forgot how great that horse was, and always wish he's at a good home. I've never heard from the owners even though they promised to keep me updated on how he was doing, but I remember that guy so well, and hope he remembers me too. But now I have a horse of my own, and she is great! I guess I can't quite let myself get too attached to her because I fear that something might happen, but then I think of all the great times I had being attached to that lesson horse, and I know that being so attached to a horse isn't a bad thing, yes you'll have to deal with loss and it will hurt, but the times you'll spend together are worth all that! I hope you can love again too! I'm so sorry, and I hope you feel better soon!
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It's always hard to lose contact with a horse that you've grown close to. I know exactly what you're going through as I drive for a carriage company and sometimes a horse moves on or retires or we find it's not suitable for working in a public situation - I'm often the one who worked with it last since they give me the 'bad boys' a lot - and I always fall in love with them.
When I finished my 'teamster' training years ago, the amazing woman who had taught me said "Now the horses will be your teachers and if you listen, you'll learn so much more than I could ever teach you."
And a wonderful sleigh ride company owner for whom I also work said this winter "If you never want to lose anything, never get anything." This was after a very sweet Percheron died suddenly of a twisted gut.
Animals come into our lives for such a short time and the gifts they give are so precious. They ask for so little in return and teach us so very much. Perhaps you can look at it as something this horse taught you about who you are inside and now has moved on to teach someone else another lesson and give another gift of himself.
Each of the horses I've worked with - and there have been many over the years, has touched me deeply and I will treasure each and every memory forever.
What a great experience you've had - the wonderful relationship you had with this horse who gave you so, so much. Now you can let go and create a space for something even better to come in... who knows what the next horse you meet will have to teach you!
I wish you the very best. Keep that tender heart and let each horse that comes to you teach you and enrich your life.
hurste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Each of us deals with things in our own way.

Just make sure you get to say goodbye.
wylingford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

thats the danger with animals.. we just get too attached.
Well hun look on the bright side - you made this horses life very nice and interesting and you treated him very well - so he has had a good life, and Im sure that wherever he moves to next will love him just as much - and theres bound to be other horses that are in need of a bit of love and compassion from a human - which is where you come in!
xx
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i know how you feel. a couple i worked for didn't have a clue come into some money an got a lot of horses that should have been in 1 to1homes. there was a colt i fell for he was a star when he came round. he had been so badly treated he was scared of his own shadow. things went wrong for the couple all horses had to go. they kept my months wages as payment for Herbie.few days later i had a miscarriage went into hospital. paying livery to the couple when i came out 1 week later they had sold him. 3 years on still looking for him.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

losing a horse is always a difficult thing. I think you are a very special person to take the time to teach tricks to this special pet. He liked you too. Maybe you can see the horse ffrom time to time. I just wonder what a person who needs to live in assisted living needs with a horse. My horse is 20 years old too and I teach him tricks too. Joan...U.S.A.
luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Hi
Sorry for your loss but maybe this'll make you smile.
This Irishman applies for a job in a farriers 'and what experience have you had at shoeing horses' asked the farrier, 'well' replied the Irishman, 'I once told a Blackpool donkey to f..k off'.
Ray. West York's. U.K.
telfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

learn to spell
cormic is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar