Highway racing kills, what is the solution? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Highway racing kills, what is the solution?

Once again, careless (and brainless in my opinion) drivers, racing on a highway, have killed an innocent man (see link: http://www.thestar.com/News/article/226880 ). A truck driver, trying to earn a living, was killed when cut-off by twenty-year-olds, racing a Mustang and Grand Am.
At least one of these people will be charged with criminal negligence causing death (max penalty in Canada in life in prison).
What is the solution to this.... speed limiters on drivers under 25? Permanent loss of license? Quadruple insurance rates?
In my opinion, driving in excess of 130 km/h and causing a fatal accident is equivalent to murder.
shan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Its only a matter of time before a lawmaker proposes a mandatory prison sentence for offenders. a mand min of 10 yrs for racing. by then they may have matured some and throw in some for the parents too.
imported_cleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

im sure you think quadrupleing young peoples insurance is a great idea... but then they just might not buy any. like in california.

if you put a speed limiter on a car and the driver gets killed because they couldn't go fast enough to get out of the way of death, it would be your fault... and you should be going to jail for murder.

have you ever heard of a truck driver speeding causing teens to die? if you cant remember, yes, it goes the other way too... should we quadruple the rates for truckers? no? because they are "trying to earn a living"? that is whack...

and i just now saw that you said 130 km/h... i thought u were saying talkin mph... thats only 80 mph!!!

who has never done 80 mph on the freeway? anyone? i didnt think so... its ok that your on this little crusade against young whipersnappers driving too fast... but get real, or take off, ya hoser
cingeswiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The problem is limited lawlessness and your solution is mass punishment.

When ever a judicial system can't or won't do their job it costs me more money, more time, another freedom or all the above.

I am 100% pro seat belt and helmet. I wouldn't use my car or motorcycle without them but in the same statement I am 110% against a law that forces it.

If you want to solve your problem drag all your cops out in the street and fire the whole damn bunch of them. That is if you can pry them away from their donuts.

I don't buy the idea of penalizing all teens for the actions of a few and the complete impotence of a judicial system.

We had a school crossing guard struck and killed by someone doing twice the speed limit. What was the answer, punish everyone. Spend a million dollars to change the lane configuration and add islands to slow the traffic. The only thing it did was force me to take an alternate route. Prior to the change it was two lanes in each direction. I could drive the speed limit in the right lane and 80% of the people would pass me. That was fine. Now it is a single lane so if I drive the speed limit I have someone with his nose up my @ss. My solution is to double my driving distance. There was not ONE WORD mentioned about ENFORCING the speed limit.

The California Highway Patrol big boss was on the radio a while back complaining about speeders on a stretch of Freeway near my home. He said people were clocked at over 100 MPH and something had to be done to stop it. Yeah!!! Something had to be done to stop it. And that straight from the mouth of dumb @ss that is responsible for enforcing the rules of the road throughout California.

I suppose the solution will be speed bumps on the Freeway.

Sorry Fergy, I can't get on board with you. If it continues after the cops have caught a bunch of them, sentenced them to 5 years and 10 more without a driver's license, confiscated their car and sold it auction and have their license marked as a "racer" for the rest of their lives, don't ask me to participate in something that won't work anyway. BTW, the chumps that killed the trucker should be publicly flogged, then sentenced to 30 minutes in the electric chair or gas chamber.

A 3000 pound automobile is a deadly weapon, ADW is a felony. Why can't that work. Oh I forgot, it means the cops will have to put down their donuts...
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Insurance rates have nothing to do with it except that insurance companies make lots of extra money by discriminating.

Personally, I would've been a lot less likely to drive like a moron at that age had there been a track nearby that I could go play on. Driving on a track makes racing on the street feel stupid.
lorren is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar