Do you think my writing assignment was worth 100%? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Do you think my writing assignment was worth 100%?

Well, the assignment was to write a personal narrative, on something that was special to you. I wrote about the pageants I had been in. I titled it "Life in Rewind.." Tell me what you think, and if you thought it was worth the 100% that I got.

My first pageant I was only 3 years old my mother carried my on stage well the M.C. droned on about how ďlovely and adorableĒ all the contestants were. I donít remember this from memory but from going through all the tapes from then, till now. It started when I wasnít even old enough to know right from wrong. I saw all those girls in the parade, sitting on top of gorgeous convertibles, in there elegant ball gown dresses. I practiced that wave everyday, and I wouldnít stop till I got to use it, while sitting on my own convertible.

When I was just three years old, my mom put me in my first pageant. Of course, that being 15 years ago I donít remember it by memory.. The VHS tape pops in and Iím looking at a big decorated stage, lined with middle aged mothers holding there ďlovely and adorableĒ child. My moms face lit up when my name got called for 2nd runner up. I laugh at the fact, I have no idea whatís going on, while Iím in my mothers arms. I get a flower, and a sash, and itís over. I press eject.

When I insert the next tape, itís a few years later. I was about 11 at the time and in a cowboy outfit, singing a LeAnn Rimes song. I had started singing around this age, when my nana had got me a karaoke machine for my birthday. I was so nervous on stage, it was making me nervous just watching it. When I nearly trip over the microphone cord, I canít bear to watch it anymore. I press fast forward. When they call the winners, I donít place. The girl next to me, Megan, doesnít place either. We hug, and I press eject.

I place the DVD in its spot, and push it in. Itís the most recent pageant I had been in. Although, itís considered old today. It was 2005, and itís the most girls Iíve competed with in a pageant. There is 13 of us on stage, majority of them old friends, others just here for the competition. We go through all of the acts, they call 2nd runner up. My hands are shaking. Itís not me. They call 1st runner up. My smiles twitching. Itís not me. Then they call Queen. Tears are streaming. ďKatilynn AdamsĒ they call. Itís me. I smile just watching, I canít believe it finally happened. The outgoing queen places the crown on my head, and wince as she jabs the bobby pins in my head. I press eject, place my crown and tapes back in the box it came from, and shove it under my bed.

Pageants, are what I used to love to do. Not so much, anymore. I love the people I met, and the experiences I got. But growing up with 4 brothers, and going hunting and fishing donít really help me in the pageant category. Iím still moving on with my singing, and Iím hoping to pursue that further. Of course, I owe it to the pageants for helping me find my talent, and being able to perform in front of crowds. I did get my wish of being able to use the perfected wave on my own 69í baby blue convertible mustang. (Amazing!) Now itís time to work to able to drive one..

lorren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Do you think my writing assignment was worth 100%?

Good grief no. Don't you know the difference between there and their?
raedford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar