How do I convince my parents to let me get a V-6 Ford Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #1

How do I convince my parents to let me get a V-6 Ford Mustang?

Well I am going to be 17 in November and I will have a years experience under my belt driving. I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado and my parents told me they would get me something newer for my birthday because my door handle and other stuff is broken. Well the truck is basically falling apart and has lots of miles on it. They asked me what kind of car I wanted and I told them a ford mustang. A good friend of my parents has a super luxurious 2007 mustang its black with white racing stripes rims and black leather interior and he's trying to sell it. It's too perfect right? They told me they don't think I would be able to handle the power of a mustang and i can't have one so stop asking but I am so determined to get it I am obsessed its all I want. I told them that I would get a part time job and keep up my grades to help with the car but they still say no. "If I win the lottery you won't get one" that's what my mom said. I am responsible I haven't gotten a ticket or anything like that. I am a responsible driver i don't know why they won't let me get it. A few of my friends have mustangs some even have gt V8's but they're girls. My moms best friends daughter has an 07 coupe. Teens who owns this car (especially boys) or parents whose child drives one will you please give me some advice on how to convince them that I am responsible enough to own a car like this please?
Teitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #2

your barking up a bobwire tree, at some point you need to grow up. Its not about you, or what you want. Your refusal to accept the word NO is the main problem. You want to be treated as an adult? act like one starting now. And is mommy buying the car too? geez. Here is an idea, get a full time job, go to school, put all the money in a savings account, until you have enough to buy your own car. Instead of dancing around waiting for mommy and daddy to buy you a car. You are going to disappoint your parents, and yourself when they bring home a nice car and its not that mustang. GET OVER IT ALREADY. graciously accept any gift that they get you and drive it like a man until you can afford your own cars.
Aodhfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If you doesn't pretty much care about whether it's a car or truck, you might well consider the 2012 Ford SVT Raptor or Ford Harley Davidson editions.... Take a Look into what these truck engines offer you with.... They might be another American muscles...
imported_dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #4

you want it so bad, show them you're even more responsible by getting a job and paying for your own car insurance rather than just b***ing and expecting them to pick up the tab (cause mustangs cost $$$$$ for teens no matter why engine's in them)
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

the guy above me is somewhat right i definately think you should get a job but if you dont disrespect your parents then i see no harm in accepting a car as long as your repay them in some way.

i would explain to her its as fast as a v6 accord lol by relating it to a "conservative honda" your more likely to win them over or play the "i just want to look cool" "everyone at school has a nice cool car" card or something like that then say its not really that fast even if it was fast i ( then bring up the driving record again...)
llyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar