4.6 Disrespect - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post

From what I saw, most of them owned Priuses, Camrys, and Kias lol! Cars that I overtake on a daily basis lol!
They shouldn't even be talking crap if they own those cars then.. Lol

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

From what I saw, most of them owned Priuses, Camrys, and Kias lol! Cars that I overtake on a daily basis lol!
They are also known as the ******bag cars
muse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang23 View Post
They shouldn't even be talking crap if they own those cars then.. Lol
Yup, they can just live the rest of their lives, driving boring-*** cars, and never knowing the joy of a muscle car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse14 View Post
They are also known as the ******bag cars
I thought the ******bag cars were BMWs? That's the stereotype anyway. Haha

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31

Yup, they can just live the rest of their lives, driving boring-*** cars, and never knowing the joy of a muscle car.
This. Someone that views their car as the little wheelie-box that rolls them to work and back should be shoving every comment they conjure up instead of actually trying dog an enthusiast.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

This. Someone that views their car as the little wheelie-box that rolls them to work and back should be shoving every comment they conjure up instead of actually trying dog an enthusiast.
+1

I totally agree!

Custom Dyno Tune By B&D Racing
340 RWHP
325 RWTQ
Stang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I thought the ******bag cars were BMWs? That's the stereotype anyway. Haha
I soooo agree. Lmao
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62 View Post
Is it me? What's with all the hate of the 4.6 here? I check this Mustang forum often and I see nothing but bashing of 2010 4.6 Mustangs. Funny , I thought this was a forum for People who love and appreciate all Mustangs. Lets bash the rice burners and not each other Mustang.
You think there is a lot of 4.6 hate? Try having a 3.8 and listening to all the 4.6 talk down to us.
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll

You think there is a lot of 4.6 hate? Try having a 3.8 and listening to all the 4.6 talk down to us.
There's a guy with a 3.8 MN12 Tbird in my town that makes 600 rwhp!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post
I soooo agree. Lmao
I once met a guy at my previous job, and we got into a conversation about cars. He was in the market for one, and he excitedly--and I mean excitedly--decided to go for a Honda coupe. I wanted to ask him, "Why would you wanna buy a Honda with two doors?" But I didn't wanna be a ******bag, so I left it alone.

A few days later, we continued the conversation. Suddenly, he didn't want a Honda anymore; he wanted a jeep, and said, "They're fun to drive. They sit up high so that I can see...." Etc, etc. I tried to convince him that you don't necessarily need to sit up too high to be able to see the road, but he didn't seem to believe me lol He also said, "Your car is really nice, but it uses too much gas...." I ended the conversation by smiling, and saying, "Well, I didn't buy it for the gas."

A couple weeks passed. We continue the conversation again. He suddenly says, "So, I bought a Mercedes from an auction. It's a V8 like yours!" Okay, so much for jeeps....and so much for gas.... I was curious as to what kind he bought, so I asked him things like, "What model? What year? How big is the engine?" So on and so forth. The conversation ended pretty quickly because he didn't know the answer to any of those. Apparently it was at the shop because the radiator had to be replaced. It also had around 120K miles on it.

Another couple weeks passed, and I park my car upon arriving to work. Suddenly, I see him roll up in his car as well...but it wasn't a Mercedes; it was a Kia Sorento. I said, "What happened to your Mercedes?" He just gave me a sour look, and shook his head.

Our car conversations pretty much ended after that lmao

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #45
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I don't notice 4.6 disrespect sometimes bantering between V6 & V8 owners.

But there always something, and someone faster lighter, and stronger than you, so you can't let it get to your head.

There's guys on here with 4cyl Fox's of they let it get to their head they'd be gone along time ago!

Enjoy owning a unique piece of history! There is not one single model of car that has been produced continuously for 48 years, 10 months and counting.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

@DCobra. I had a similar experience with a friend from school. He wanted V8 RWD or anything turbo. I told him bang for the buck was Mustang since he needed cheap, and less than 7 years old to finance. He said "everyone has those" and he ended up buying a Sentra SE-R. Everything he didn't want, and it stinks.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@DCobra. I had a similar experience with a friend from school. He wanted V8 RWD or anything turbo. I told him bang for the buck was Mustang since he needed cheap, and less than 7 years old to finance. He said "everyone has those" and he ended up buying a Sentra SE-R. Everything he didn't want, and it stinks.
lol That's a shame.... It doesn't matter if "everyone has it," or not. What matters is how the car makes YOU feel. Don't get me wrong; I love showing off my stang, but that's not the only reason I bought it. I bought it for the looks, the performance, the noise, the straight line speed.... I could go on and on. And I agree with you: as far as V8s go, stangs are the best bang for your buck.

Another coworker once offered to carpool me to work, in his Lexus, so that I might "save gas." lol!

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well I have a 5.8 (pushrod) so my motor is bigger than all of y'all's!
Wait for it...
Ok I'm done being sarcastic.
IMO and I've never owned any of the OHC cars ford made but driven all of them, the 2010 4.6 "bullitt" motor was the absolute best sounding. yeah sure the 5.0's make more power and somehow get better gas, but they don't sound anywhere as good as the 4.6. Again just my opinion.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

lol That's a shame.... It doesn't matter if "everyone has it," or not. What matters is how the car makes YOU feel. Don't get me wrong; I love showing off my stang, but that's not the only reason I bought it. I bought it for the looks, the performance, the noise, the straight line speed.... I could go on and on. And I agree with you: as far as V8s go, stangs are the best bang for your buck.

Another coworker once offered to carpool me to work, in his Lexus, so that I might "save gas." lol!
See...around here where I live I see so many cameros and challengers and 350Z and what not that I feel like the outcast haha.

I love it though. Same as you said. I purchased the car for Fords new reputation, engine, no gas guzzler tax . Looks, huge aftermarket. Etc.

2 years later I have not been displeased once.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
See...around here where I live I see so many cameros and challengers and 350Z and what not that I feel like the outcast haha.

I love it though. Same as you said. I purchased the car for Fords new reputation, engine, no gas guzzler tax . Looks, huge aftermarket. Etc.

2 years later I have not been displeased once.
If I had a dollar for every 350Z I've seen, I'd be able to buy a new GT500 lol! Lots of Camaros in my area as well, but mostly the V6s, not as much the V8s. There's also a white Ferrari 458 prowling around in my area, owned by this Indian guy.

Anyway, I digress.... You're not an outcast; you're just unique I was kind of an outcast at my previous job, where everyone drove Toyotas and Kias. One guy had a Camaro, but he only bought it to show off, and not because he liked cars. He didn't know anything about it, aside from the fact that it was an SS.

I think one of the only things that made me cringe about my stang was the property tax. It was like a punch in the ovaries the first time I saw the bill :p

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I can understand people saying Mustangs are a "belly button" car. If I couldn't find mine in Comp. Orange I never would have bought it honestly. But it's all about what someone wants. I like my car because it stands out in the sea of Mustangs, but theres no way i'd buy a silly FWD 4 banger with no boost. I test drove the Sentra for my friend because he wasn't familiar with stick and all I could tell him was "it's nowhere close to my Mustang" and he wanted it anyway. Sigh.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If I had a dollar for every 350Z I've seen, I'd be able to buy a new GT500 lol! Lots of Camaros in my area as well, but mostly the V6s, not as much the V8s. There's also a white Ferrari 458 prowling around in my area, owned by this Indian guy.

Anyway, I digress.... You're not an outcast; you're just unique I was kind of an outcast at my previous job, where everyone drove Toyotas and Kias. One guy had a Camaro, but he only bought it to show off, and not because he liked cars. He didn't know anything about it, aside from the fact that it was an SS.

I think one of the only things that made me cringe about my stang was the property tax. It was like a punch in the ovaries the first time I saw the bill :p
One day my boss seen me drive up and park my car. And when I walked in to the office he asked some stuff about my car and I told him I had a GT500. Then he told me he just bought a Camaro SS. So I asked him what kind of engine did it come with and he said Supercharged 6.2. I said oh. I didn't know they came supercharged. He was like, that's what the SS stands for right... I said no. And I was holding back from laughing and I explained to him what the SS stands for. Lol
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can understand people saying Mustangs are a "belly button" car. If I couldn't find mine in Comp. Orange I never would have bought it honestly. But it's all about what someone wants. I like my car because it stands out in the sea of Mustangs, but theres no way i'd buy a silly FWD 4 banger with no boost. I test drove the Sentra for my friend because he wasn't familiar with stick and all I could tell him was "it's nowhere close to my Mustang" and he wanted it anyway. Sigh.
lol Your friend chose the dark side. I don't care for the Sentra, either. If he wants to go Nissan, he should go for the GTR :p My best friend was in the market for a new ride as well. She's almost 5 ft 9, and yet she still insisted on getting a car that allowed her to sit up high, because she was scared that she wouldn't be able to see. So, she bought a Chevy Equinox....

Quote:
One day my boss seen me drive up and park my car. And when I walked in to the office he asked some stuff about my car and I told him I had a GT500. Then he told me he just bought a Camaro SS. So I asked him what kind of engine did it come with and he said Supercharged 6.2. I said oh. I didn't know they came supercharged. He was like, that's what the SS stands for right... I said no. And I was holding back from laughing and I explained to him what the SS stands for. Lol
lol Wow.... Just wow..... That reminds me... My boss was talking to me about how much he loved my car. He saw me roll up in it, and said, "NICE MUSTANG!" and "Is it a stick? Good, good! You gotta buy that car with the stick!" He went on and on. But just when I was about to ask myself if he was an enthusiast, he said, "It's FWD, isn't it?"

To this day, I'm still trying to figure out if he meant to say "front engine." lol

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol Your friend chose the dark side. I don't care for the Sentra, either. If he wants to go Nissan, he should go for the GTR :p My best friend was in the market for a new ride as well. She's almost 5 ft 9, and yet she still insisted on getting a car that allowed her to sit up high, because she was scared that she wouldn't be able to see. So, she bought a Chevy Equinox....

lol Wow.... Just wow..... That reminds me... My boss was talking to me about how much he loved my car. He saw me roll up in it, and said, "NICE MUSTANG!" and "Is it a stick? Good, good! You gotta buy that car with the stick!" He went on and on. But just when I was about to ask myself if he was an enthusiast, he said, "It's FWD, isn't it?"

To this day, I'm still trying to figure out if he meant to say "front engine." lol
Lmao. I think he really meant Front Wheel Drive. Lol smh
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Super slow u told him right lol. Im sure cars are cars and ppl make theirs choices and should be respected.....but sometimes i find a honda thats annoyingly loud and think my microwave is louder and produces more power than you
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang

Super slow u told him right lol. Im sure cars are cars and ppl make theirs choices and should be respected.....but sometimes i find a honda thats annoyingly loud and think my microwave is louder and produces more power than you
My microwave generates 1.21 gigawatts.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
I agree. I'm not the type to just walk up to an innocent person, and start trash talking about their car just because I don't like it. I mind my own business. But there are a lotta drivers in my area that use those...cheaply loud exhausts. I hear Hondas left and right, sounding like a...prolonged fart....

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post

I hate nothing more than that sound. I really don't. There are so many of one ethnicity around here that own them and they just sound so bad! Them and high schoolers.

What really always has cracked me up is when they pull up and revv their cars like they are some kind of pro...

I like to play with them and rev to like 2500 RPM and then look defeated then wait for them to laugh then let her roar. Most drive away very defeated!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My microwave generates 1.21 gigawatts.
I kinda did. Lol. He told me he make 425 HP proudly. And I told him I make 550. Lol. His smile turned upside down. Lol.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B

I kinda did. Lol. He told me he make 425 HP proudly. And I told him I make 550. Lol. His smile turned upside down. Lol.
Lol
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I used to be a receptionist at my local Koons Toyota. One of the sales guys had bought a brand-new 2012 Scion TC. Almost everyone at the dealership drooled over it. A month later, I surprised the dealership with my brand new 2012 GT. The sales guys walked circles around it, trying to find something wrong, something to insult, but they all sighed, and said, "Okay.... Fine! The '12s are actually nice...." But Mr Scion TC decided to shake his head at me, and said, "You chose the V8. Big mistake. It's gonna eat your gas. I like the rims, though."

He didn't really say anything...mean, so I just let it go; otherwise, I would've said, "Ooookay, then! You go enjoy your fake sports car!"

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

So I got curious and did a quick search.
Scion TC gets 23/31 MPG making 180HP.
Mustang GT gets 15/26 making 420.

Volumetric efficiency isn't even a fair argument between the two vehicles.
Scion's 2.5 makes 72HP/liter.
Ford's 5.0 makes 84HP/liter.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
I used to be a receptionist at my local Koons Toyota. One of the sales guys had bought a brand-new 2012 Scion TC. Almost everyone at the dealership drooled over it. A month later, I surprised the dealership with my brand new 2012 GT. The sales guys walked circles around it, trying to find something wrong, something to insult, but they all sighed, and said, "Okay.... Fine! The '12s are actually nice...." But Mr Scion TC decided to shake his head at me, and said, "You chose the V8. Big mistake. It's gonna eat your gas. I like the rims, though."

He didn't really say anything...mean, so I just let it go; otherwise, I would've said, "Ooookay, then! You go enjoy your fake sports car!"
Haha! I no likey the scion tc! I don't see what they were drooling about ...
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I wish I could've shown this to him. If I were him, I would've waited for the FRS. Not much power, but apparently handles really really well.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

I don't get why people say that about the gas. The 5.0 gets good gas mileage, especially for the power you get. I still get 26mpg highway and have 559 to the wheels... What more could you want!!?
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #67
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

No kidding and if gas mileage is so important the automatic gets 18/25 pretty efficient
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Haha I wish I could've shown this to him. If I were him, I would've waited for the FRS. Not much power, but apparently handles really really well.
You should have told him,
December 7, 1941
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Even the 6 vs the tc is a knockout for Ford.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Just for comparison as to how far the Mustang V8 has come. My '04 GT gets about 25 mpg's and is a bit smaller and lighter then the new 5.0. Yet the new 5.0 is rated at 26 mpg's, has 420hp vs my (when stock) 270hp, and is a bit bigger and heavier than my car. This is just another reason why the Mustang has always been the best Bang For Your Buck sports car out there. Especially when talking about the V8.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar