4.6 Disrespect - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Martysmustang62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 74
4.6 Disrespect

Is it me? What's with all the hate of the 4.6 here? I check this Mustang forum often and I see nothing but bashing of 2010 4.6 Mustangs. Funny , I thought this was a forum for People who love and appreciate all Mustangs. Lets bash the rice burners and not each other Mustang.
Martysmustang62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
There's one individual I can think of, other than that, I don't see it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62
Is it me? What's with all the hate of the 4.6 here? I check this Mustang forum often and I see nothing but bashing of 2010 4.6 Mustangs. Funny , I thought this was a forum for People who love and appreciate all Mustangs. Lets bash the rice burners and not each other Mustang.
I had a 4.6, traded for the 5.0. I don't bash it but it's just better. I loved them both. Nothing wrong with either one! I think they should do a 2005-2010 group since everything from the tranny, motor, etc is different. No knock on it all, just think it seems that way since it's stuck in a 5.0 group forum basically.
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post
I had a 4.6, traded for the 5.0. I don't bash it but it's just better. I loved them both. Nothing wrong with either one! I think they should do a 2005-2010 group since everything from the tranny, motor, etc is different. No knock on it all, just think it seems that way since it's stuck in a 5.0 group forum basically.
I agree with this, most of the people in this section have 5.0s and unless we are talking about body mods or suspension really cannot talk to the 4.6 guys.

I personally never owned a 4.6L mustang so I cannot even talk about the engine. Unfortunately the 2010 mustang 4.6L car is like the red headed step child in this forum section, it doesn't really belong here but it does at the same time and makes it hard for those guys that own them as they don't really 100% belong in the 05-09 or the 10-14 sections. They are a mix of the two.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Martysmustang62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 74
I agree that the 2010 Mustang should get its own section. I don't know specs, but its different than the 2005 group and can not compete against the 5.0s
Martysmustang62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
This was discussed at length under the original owner by the staff. New owner might have a new outlook, maybe bring it to the attention of admin.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Martysmustang62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
There's one individual I can think of, other than that, I don't see it.
Could it be because you drive a 5.0 ?
Martysmustang62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
I had a 4.6 and loved it. I have a 5.0 now and the 4.6 isn't even close but i look at it like this. The 2010 4.6 mustang is unique cuz it kept the engine and changed body style. IMO thats pretty cool cuz a lot i people have the new 5.0 and thats pretty cool but the body and that engine is a unique mustang and thats why mustang are my favorite cuz of models like a 2010 gt.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
I had a 4.6 and loved it. I have a 5.0 now and the 4.6 isn't even close but i look at it like this. The 2010 4.6 mustang is unique cuz it kept the engine and changed body style. IMO thats pretty cool cuz a lot i people have the new 5.0 and thats pretty cool but the body and that engine is a unique mustang and thats why mustang are my favorite cuz of models like a 2010 gt.
I agree, but the 2011-2012 is unique as well since there was only two production years before another redesign, and the 2013-2014 will be the same thing, again unique if Ford redoes the mustang in 2015 like they claim they will.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I agree, but the 2011-2012 is unique as well since there was only two production years before another redesign, and the 2013-2014 will be the same thing, again unique if Ford redoes the mustang in 2015 like they claim they will.
Oh yeah for sure every single mustang built is cool to me even the mustang 2 believe it or not.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Thread moved to the correct section

My opinion is everyone has an opinion...i see this alot because i drive a v6...ive owned a GT and it was a good car but i dont regret selling it for my current car. There will always be someone unhappy with your car...so just let it roll off your back and enjoy the rest of the forum.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62 View Post

Could it be because you drive a 5.0 ?
He literally just got his 5.0, so no, it's definitely not that
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
There's one individual I can think of, other than that, I don't see it.
I also don't really see it. People call it how it is, the 5.0 has a superior powertrain to the 4.6, doesn't mean we do not like them. I like all mustangs (except the mustang II... Lol) but seriously, it is what it is
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I'll tell you one thing about 5.0 owners. They don't go around creating threads trying to stir up crap about other members and what they drive.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
I've gotten my share of 5.0 elitist attitude, but it's just the individual. Anyone with a car that's faster than yours has a choice to be respectful or not. The thing about cars is that someone else is always faster.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I've gotten my share of 5.0 elitist attitude, but it's just the individual. Anyone with a car that's faster than yours has a choice to be respectful or not. The thing about cars is that someone else is always faster.
Exactly!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I've gotten my share of 5.0 elitist attitude, but it's just the individual. Anyone with a car that's faster than yours has a choice to be respectful or not. The thing about cars is that someone else is always faster.
Haha so true. I think we can all agree the guys driving Honda civics with tin can mufflers and unpainted body kits are far worse than any mustang owner will ever be! And they can't even win a race against a Prius!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Memphis
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 155
I for one, thoroughly enjoyed my 4.6, til its death! Mind you it was in my 94 bird... it was just as fun as my gt with its 4R70W and 3.73 gears. Wish I still had the bird
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
ShelbyGT500B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodstock
Region: Georgia
Posts: 375
I definitely had good memories with my 4.6. I actually miss it sometimes even though I got a 5.4. I don't have no problems with 4.6s or 5.0s. Us Mustang owners are like family to me.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post
I definitely had good memories with my 4.6. I actually miss it sometimes even though I got a 5.4. I don't have no problems with 4.6s or 5.0s. Us Mustang owners are like family to me.
I agree with the family part. I love driving down the road regardless of the year mustang and having fellow mustang drivers wave to me.

Also love mustang drivers who will follow me to where I am going just to ask about my car. No real jealousy, just that love for fun cars.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62

Could it be because you drive a 5.0 ?
I had a 4.6 for years too.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
winslow16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62 View Post
Could it be because you drive a 5.0 ?
i have a 5.0 and i know im semi new to this forum but i havent seen and 4.6 bashing on here at all. ive also never looked for it either but all the threads that i commented on ive never seen any hate
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
When I very first got my v6, I was cruising down a side road coming to a four way stop. From the right, pulled a 2010-1012 GT500 red with white stripes. The older gentleman smiled and gave me a wave. I smiled back, and waved. Beautiful car.

Thats when, for me, owning a Mustang transitioned from owning a car to joining a family. Regardless of my 27x bhp and his 4-5xx bhp, he accepted me as a fellow Mustang guy. Sealed the deal.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
When I very first got my v6, I was cruising down a side road coming to a four way stop. From the right, pulled a 2010-1012 GT500 red with white stripes. The older gentleman smiled and gave me a wave. I smiled back, and waved. Beautiful car.

Thats when, for me, owning a Mustang transitioned from owning a car to joining a family. Regardless of my 27x bhp and his 4-5xx bhp, he accepted me as a fellow Mustang guy. Sealed the deal.
+10
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I'll tell you one thing about 5.0 owners. They don't go around creating threads trying to stir up crap about other members and what they drive.
+1
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
New owner? Brent is gone?

That's news to me

I've got no issues with 4.6s, I like mine and there aren't many 5.0 guys that give me any flack.. The last two guys with stock 5.0s that tried to trash talk my car (last time I went to the track there was a pair of them that came together) needless to say a 7.4@96 was a little bit faster than theirs

I would love to have a new 5.0 but I have no intention of giving up this car, maybe in a few years when I could feasibly have both (like having a fox and a new edge 5 years ago)
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
I love finding mustang drivers on the road when im cruising and just coast with them... But i will be honest, i find a lot of mustang owners where im from to be pretty stuck up an think there the sh*t even when i compliment there car... Kinda sucks but ive met some cool mustang people too... To be honest i get a lot of compliments from camaro owners lol maybe there giving me the evil eye lol
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
I think the disrespect is spelled wrong in the title :p
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
I love finding mustang drivers on the road when im cruising and just coast with them... But i will be honest, i find a lot of mustang owners where im from to be pretty stuck up an think there the sh*t even when i compliment there car... Kinda sucks but ive met some cool mustang people too... To be honest i get a lot of compliments from camaro owners lol maybe there giving me the evil eye lol
Same. I either see foreign people in Camaros that love my Stang, or I see a camaro driving and rev my engine or drive next to them and they are either a woman or a hair dresser lol
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
winslow16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
I love finding mustang drivers on the road when im cruising and just coast with them... But i will be honest, i find a lot of mustang owners where im from to be pretty stuck up an think there the sh*t even when i compliment there car... Kinda sucks but ive met some cool mustang people too... To be honest i get a lot of compliments from camaro owners lol maybe there giving me the evil eye lol
little off topic but your avatar pic is bada$$
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Same. I either see foreign people in Camaros that love my Stang, or I see a camaro driving and rev my engine or drive next to them and they are either a woman or a hair dresser lol
Hair dresser, LOL, that's a nice way to put it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I think the disrespect is spelled wrong in the title :p
Lmao +1
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Haha! I've had a lotta people make fun of my 5.0 actually. Not on this site, but in the outside world.

"The quality is so bad!"

"You're gonna just keep going back to the dealership to fix it!"

"Why the heck would you go American?"

"412hp? Are you crazy? You're gonna get killed!"

"It handles like crap!"

The list goes on and on.... Anyway, I have nothing against the 4.6s; in fact, I had almost bought a used 2010 GT back when I was shopping around. At that time, though, the '12s had just come out, and when I heard about the new engine, I was ecstatic! The extra 100 hp made me hop around like a little girl :p For my first Mustang, I just figured I'd go with the newest model at that time. Plus the gas economy between the 4.6s and 5.0s really aren't very different from each other, so I figured why not go with the one with more power?
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
Haha! I've had a lotta people make fun of my 5.0 actually. Not on this site, but in the outside world.

"The quality is so bad!"

"You're gonna just keep going back to the dealership to fix it!"

"Why the heck would you go American?"

"412hp? Are you crazy? You're gonna get killed!"

"It handles like crap!"

The list goes on and on.... Anyway, I have nothing against the 4.6s; in fact, I had almost bought a used 2010 GT back when I was shopping around. At that time, though, the '12s had just come out, and when I heard about the new engine, I was ecstatic! The extra 100 hp made me hop around like a little girl :p For my first Mustang, I just figured I'd go with the newest model at that time. Plus the gas economy between the 4.6s and 5.0s really aren't very different from each other, so I figured why not go with the one with more power?
There probly pissed off camero owners that got raped by 5.0
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dcobra31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Reston
Region: Virginia
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
There probly pissed off camero owners that got raped by 5.0
From what I saw, most of them owned Priuses, Camrys, and Kias lol! Cars that I overtake on a daily basis lol!
__________________

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.6 ideas help! Hunter45 1996-2004 Mustang GT 14 01-10-2012 09:08 PM
4.6 vs police 4.6 deadhorse 1996-2004 Mustang GT 26 11-22-2011 10:23 PM
V6 K-members same as 4.6? Otlaw80 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 10-21-2011 12:27 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.