Anyone good with flash/javascripting? Thickbox? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via AIM to braumab Send a message via MSN to braumab
Anyone good with flash/javascripting? Thickbox?

I'm having a heck of a time fixing the website up to work ... is anyone good at these things? I have some questions.

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
braumab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mustang GT HO
Re: Anyone good with flash/javascripting? Thickbox?

I'm alright at java. I'm going to school for computer programming now so this may be helpful. I can do some stuff with it. What do you need help doing?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

*raises hand* Its what I do for a living...well, not the flash part, but the JS part.
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

PureVenom, let's move to Cali. Prgramming jobs rock my sox there.

- Anyway, the problem. Exclusively Bimmers. I have a thickbox in place ... now, click the contact us link .. first off, the css is jacked up on the contact link. secondly, the thickbox throws my z-index out of quirks, thirdly, the flash appears over my thickbox. I just have a big ol' headache.

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^ What browser are you looking at it in? I just went there and the contact us box came up no problem in both FF 3 and IE6. Didn't see any Z-indexing issues.

The CSS is definitely funky with the contact us link...The reason is because you it is using the definition of the thickbox css style...all the rest of your menu items are using the menu style. So, either thickbox isn't defined in your css file....or it isn't defined the same as menu so it appears differently.

Edit: For this z-order thing, are you refering to the fact that when you click contact us it moves the whole webpage to be right aligned, or at least left aligned with the contact us box which is centered?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, the css isn't in the menu div becuase it needs to be in the other div for the thickbox to work....gay.

um, yeah, the z index i'm referring to is when you click it, the layout moves a bit to the right and up some.

i'm looking at IE7...FF3 is okay with the flash.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

You will have to make the thickbox class be the same as the menu class in order for them to look alike. Either that, or on your strong, put class=menu so they will appear the same as the others. The down side will be the 2 different sizes you have...which if I remember right you had an "s1" class for the smaller text.

I'll take a look at the CSS files...off the top of my head it is seeming like a float option is being set wrong or not being interpreted the way you are wanting it to be.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

maybe. i didn't get to make the site. so i'm trying to pickup where some other programmer left off ... that's not always the easiest thing to do. we have 2 very different styles. :[

Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumab View Post
maybe. i didn't get to make the site. so i'm trying to pickup where some other programmer left off ... that's not always the easiest thing to do. we have 2 very different styles. :[
I feel your pain there. I'm working on some stuff here at work that just seems like the completely bass ackwards way of doing something...and I am finding myself spending more time trying to make it fit their method than if I were to do it the more straightforward way.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

problem 1: the thickbox css element isn't defined anywhere in either the style or thickbox css files. That is why the link looks so messed up. If you have to use the thickbox class, define it in one of the CSS files and make it the same as the menu class...

back to looking at z order stuff now.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, it's a headache .. i don't usually have problems with this kind of stuff.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Flash problem:

Your flash ID in the style.css file has a z-index of 1000...where as your thick box is being shown with a z-index of 102 in both the style.css and thickbox.css file (BTW, the style.css file appears to have all of the thickbox.css definitions in it, you may be able to ditch that file). Change your flash ID to be under 102 and your box should now be on top of the flash in IE7. Not sure why FF and IE6 are ok with it...
Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

changed the z-index. seems to below the flash still

Old 06-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

did you clear your cache?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar