Thinking about leaving my gf - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thinking about leaving my gf

Because she cheating this girl is my world been together in high school for a year when broke up and now back together for 2 more years love her alot but dont know how to handle breaking up with her what do i do
Stangv8ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
You should never have to rationalize being in a relationship by masking the bad with the good. Cheating will eat you from the inside out and any trust you had you can kiss goodbye. She may never cheat again but now you know what she is capable of and that's just as bad. Let her go and move on with your life.
delff128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My theory is this: once someone does something, there is nothing to stop them from doing it again. It doesn't matter if it is cheating or speeding, they have already done it once, so they have already accepted it morally, and that is the only thing to stop someone. Since it didn't then it won't in the future. I'm not gonna tell you to or to not break up with her, but I would.
I would just tell her privately, on Friday, so she has the weekend to get over it.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Have this convo with her.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Yea man sounds like your in a rough spot there but just like we all said if she has done she will do it again. Not only will this help you move on with your life but will help her see what happens when you cheat on someone and she might learn from this mistake for the next guy. I wish you the best of luck man.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Thats a tough situation man. And i know exactly how you feel. Ive been with my girlfriend for 2 and a half years now. She has cheated on me twice. But ive taken her back both times. I love her and its hard to let go. Just imagining her with someone else has been whats.brought me.back. I see her as mine and its hard to leave it behind. Idk, maybe im too nice of a guy? But You can bet the next time it happens im gone. But we've been doing better for the most part and she's a huge part of my life. So for now im seeing how it goes. Going to give it alot more time to make sure shes the one. So i guess you could say my advice is, people make mistakes, sometimes it takes losing everything to realize what youve got. So i say give it time. If things get better then let it ride for a while. Make sure its good. If you have any doubts though i would move on. Hope this helps buddy.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Leave her.... No one deserves to be cheated on .. If she truly wanted to be with you she wouldn't have done it...
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Ask yourself this: "If I decide to stay with her, will I be happy?"

I asked myself that same question when a man I once cared about vanished for a year, and then decided to come back. The fact that he apologized via text told me that he doesn't realize how badly had hurt my feelings. I knew that nothing would stop him from hurting me again. I knew that I wouldn't be happy with him, so I turned him down.

When making your decision, remember that YOUR happiness comes first. Good luck

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
Ask yourself this: "If I decide to stay with her, will I be happy?"

I asked myself that same question when a man I once cared about vanished for a year, and then decided to come back. The fact that he apologized via text told me that he doesn't realize how badly had hurt my feelings. I knew that nothing would stop him from hurting me again. I knew that I wouldn't be happy with him, so I turned him down.

When making your decision, remember that YOUR happiness comes first. Good luck
+1
delff128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Don't know if she admitted to it or you caught her. Odds are the first time someone is caught is not the first time they've done it. Can nearly be applied to anything.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I tried staying with somebody who cheated. It made me miserable. Every time she went anywhere by herself or when I was away for work, it ate me up inside. I could never trust her. I turned into a loon-a-tick asking her questions, worrying about the texts she was getting... You get the point. It caused fights all the time. I decided to chill out and trust her. After about 2 good months of leaving her alone... I get a text from her that was supposed to go to the guy she cheated with. Did not confront her, just came home early from work on that day and found them together.

I now pay child support. I have 50 50 custody of my daughter but because I have a job she gets support. The state doesn't care why you broke up.

Something to think about before you get to settled down.

Man there is a sea of good women out there. The best part is you have a stang and girls like stangs.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Had you been Married I believe you would have had the upper hand. You are right on about there being good women out there. I found my wife and she accepted my son as her own and has raised him with me from the very beginning. I got primary joint custody and have not seen the biological mother in about 4 years. I cut her parents off earlier this year because they never took up time with him and only wanted him around as decoration during birthdays and holidays only. In Alabama there is no Grandparents rights (they deserve none) but if any dirt is kicked I'm going for full custody with child support from the biological mother. You have to be careful, there are useless women/men and then there are great women/men. Be sure to choose wisely the signs are almost always visible.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nah man when someone cheats on you it's a no no leaver her
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Nah man when someone cheats on you it's a no no leaver her
+1 when someone cheats it's all over. It's tough but you gotta do what you gotta do
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD
Had you been Married I believe you would have had the upper hand. You are right on about there being good women out there. I found my wife and she accepted my son as her own and has raised him with me from the very beginning. I got primary joint custody and have not seen the biological mother in about 4 years. I cut her parents off earlier this year because they never took up time with him and only wanted him around as decoration during birthdays and holidays only. In Alabama there is no Grandparents rights (they deserve none) but if any dirt is kicked I'm going for full custody with child support from the biological mother. You have to be careful, there are useless women/men and then there are great women/men. Be sure to choose wisely the signs are almost always visible.
Was married 6 years. Minnesota is not fair to men at all. I've heard from many people that other states are more fair. Wish I would have been in Alabama!!

My cousin spent nearly $20,000 to prove his sons mother was unfit. Even after she had lost her other kids to social services.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Was married 6 years. Minnesota is not fair to men at all. I've heard from many people that other states are more fair. Wish I would have been in Alabama!!

My cousin spent nearly $20,000 to prove his sons mother was unfit. Even after she had lost her other kids to social services.
I was lucky, we was not Married and she didn't fight. Her parents were even on my side. Her father teaches at a couple of colleges and is also a full time pastor(which is sad).
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangv8ny View Post
Because she cheating this girl is my world been together in high school for a year when broke up and now back together for 2 more years love her alot but dont know how to handle breaking up with her what do i do
Listen bro I broke up with my girl right before Christmas. It hurts man. Not going to lie. But if your not happy with the relationship your in. You gotta do what you gotta do. Just you have to do whats BEST for you
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD
And what might these signs be? Curious, no kiddos here so is always good to know what to look for, plus this sitiation

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT

Plain wide open BS
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

And what might these signs be? Curious, no kiddos here so is always good to know what to look for, plus this sitiation

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Plain wide open BS
That's what he thought. F-ing Lawyers are expensive. But worth it now. His son is safe now. Kids should not know what condemns or needles are at 3yo.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

O
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Regardless of what anyone says you should make the decision on what you think is best. But if I were in that situation I would leave the person. Good luck OP
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Plain wide open BS
Secretive,distant,all of a sudden start caring more so about appearance is just a few, your gut feeling will let you know.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Hey! Staying together can work for some people. But it's never easy. Relationships are hard enough without throwing in that wrench. I tried, and might have worked if she hasn't did it again.

Just saying there are women out there that will LOVE YOU. If right now you are not married and no kids then cut your losses and find someone who deserves you. (And your car). If you are married or have a kid or both, I say suck it up and give her another chance.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
We are not married we have a baby on the way but im not sure if its mine and she has even threaten to leave if i request a dna text to prove its mine and plan to keep the baby away from me. If it is
Stangv8ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

sounds to me like she either knows it's not yours or she know's it's a high possibility it's not yours...either of which is something i couldn't deal with...if it came to it you could always get a court order to do a DNA test...courts are usually good to work with on this because if you're gonna be paying fro the next 18 years it's good to know what's what.

i agree though i'd walk away from her either way. always consider whats good for your life and what it holds.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
sounds to me like she either knows it's not yours or she know's it's a high possibility it's not yours...either of which is something i couldn't deal with...if it came to it you could always get a court order to do a DNA test...courts are usually good to work with on this because if you're gonna be paying fro the next 18 years it's good to know what's what.

i agree though i'd walk away from her either way. always consider whats good for your life and what it holds.
What this guy said. I would try to find out who's the father tho
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

If she is that willing to leave because you want a DNA test then it is probably not yours. I would leave. Look at it this way: by being with her, you are just missing out on someone great!
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
All I want to say is I feel for you man. I have dealt woth cheating and lying in a relationship and it was painful and messy as heck to deal with but after everything was finally out in the open I can say we're still friends. Do what you can to salvage anything from the relationship that is possible but stand up for yourself and your freedom to pursue happiness.
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Leave her.... No one deserves to be cheated on .. If she truly wanted to be with you she wouldn't have done it...
I agree.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
That's tough.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Leave her. If it is true love she will be completely heart broken and she will see she is wrong and she realizes what's she is missing once your gone. If its true love. If she's crying begging you back that's good cause you tell her no cause she's a cheater. And she will be heart broken cry wanting you back might get bad but at this point you have a choice you can take her back and if she was heart broken good shell learn not to cheat cause she knows how special you are especially if y'all grew up together in high school and get married that's a special relationship most people want. And y'all two have a chance of having a good relationship. If it doesn't work out for you. You will be heart broken but gives you the chance of meeting a beautiful girl all over again and who doesn't love the memories of the beginning of meeting your gf/wife best memories ever falling for each other again like the good memories with your ex except it could be better. That's what is do depending on what type your girl is. Plus if she's cheating on you maybe she isn't pleasures with something if y'all never did anything bad. And got a second chance with her give her the D and be more romantic if she like that, you know the perfect boyfriend that every girl dreams of lol good luck dude hope everything goes good.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Genius ik.. 60% of the time it works everytime
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #33
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Just slowly start throwing her stuff away. That's what I did. Start small, magazines, items of clothes she doesn't wear anymore, car keys... garbage.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

I agree. This kind of behavior surly makes me think it's not yours. Chances are with an attitude like hers, you will not have the will it takes to make a broken relationship work. She has to be honest and super motivated to make it work. Making threats is not motivation it's intimidation. If she was sorry and cared about your feelings, she would want to put your mind at ease and get the DNA test.

Man I've been in some pretty f-Ed up situations, sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. Pray to god the kid is not yours. If it is you can be a good dad without being with the mother. If it is yours, after they are born they need to be the most important thing in your life.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangv8ny View Post
We are not married we have a baby on the way but im not sure if its mine and she has even threaten to leave if i request a dna text to prove its mine and plan to keep the baby away from me. If it is
You can get home DNA test kit online and have the results emailed to you. It's like a hundred bucks, and no one would know. I used it twice back years ago.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar