So pissed off! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
So pissed off!

So I drop my car off at ford this am to have the transmission looked at again and now they need the car overnight so now I'm in a s**t box rental car. But what do I notice when were walking around my car I've lost one of my side window louvers. Ugh I'm so flipping pissed cuz I just dropped over 1k in parts to her. ... Ok end of rant
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
So I drop my car off at ford this am to have the transmission looked at again and now they need the car overnight so now I'm in a s**t box rental car. But what do I notice when were walking around my car I've lost one of my side window louvers. Ugh I'm so flipping pissed cuz I just dropped over 1k in parts to her. ... Ok end of rant
happened to my friend he lost both of them they jus flew off on the highway. he used the 3M tape provided by AM to put them on. needless to say it's useless. you have to go buy some stronger tape to hold them down.
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
That's a pile of poop!
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Damn that sucks. I'm always worried that my CDC blackout panel is gonna fall off. Two little bitty strips of 3M and almost 2 years later, it's still holding strong.

Did you use any adhesive promoter when you installed them? And if you bought them from American Muscle, I believe they might help you get a replacement. I remember JetWolf losing one of hers and AM said something to that effect to her. But she didn't buy them from AM so they were unable to help her.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No they were on the car when I bought it. So I'm just screwed.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're without your Stang for another night and that you lost a window louver! I wish I could be more help, however since they were on the car when you got it, there's not much I can do.

I can do my best to give you a Killer deal on a new set of Louvers, if you're interested. Let me know!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Dan I'm sure ill be ordering new ones soon. It's to bad I can't find the ones I have on my car already cuz I love the look of them
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Sorry to hear that bro... Buy some from AM and if it happens again, they'll send you new ones. AM customer service rocks. However, I'd contact the dealer and tell them... They might install a new one for free. Just mention the better business bureau in your area. That'll get the ball rolling.
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't buy the car new or from a ford dealer. But I'm gonna get some from am. I guess the lowering springs will have to wait.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry about that dude. I love AM. They will make everything right if something bad happens.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ya they are great. Just sucks. But I found a gt convertible at the dealer used with only 900 miles on it for 27k
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

2013?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

2012 white with black stripes and the cs wing and black leather
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

A bit much... He's selling that because its brand new. Sort of. Shouldn't get over 25k for it... Max.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I know. I want a gt soooo bad but they are just so much$. And my last car was a conv and I don't want to go back to a conv again.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

And if I'm get a gt it will be a 2013
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Don't do it bro. The V6 maintains a lower mpg average, no matter what... Plus. I've put about four grand into my car, no F/I, and I can take GT's. I'd stay V6 and piss off GT owners. Just imagine how pissed you'd be, and how little satisfaction you'd get if you beat a V6, if a V6 smoked your GT. Look up the tech specs and the smaller engine is the winner '11 and up...
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

That's true. I love my 6er
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I love my 6er. She's a beaut, and she's a gas saver. It's all I need man. I went through a faze there I wanted the emblem, but it ain't worth it. Not the money. Spend half it on mods and she'll beat GT's. spend the other half on F/I and she will destroy the GT.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
I love my 6er. She's a beaut, and she's a gas saver. It's all I need man. I went through a faze there I wanted the emblem, but it ain't worth it. Not the money. Spend half it on mods and she'll beat GT's. spend the other half on F/I and she will destroy the GT.
And I'm sure there are people who've dropped 4k into a focus that can take a stock v6... Are you pissed because you lost to a 2l 4cyl?

These are pointless arguments...

The v6 is awesome in its own regards... As is the gt. both have different baseline and ranges of performance that can be achieved with varying amounts of additional money.

You seem to take tremendous pleasure talking down gt owners here, perhaps years of DBAG v8 owners taking down v6 owners have created this disdain.

Bottom line. I love my v8. I'm not a moron or fool because I choose a v8 over a six. I have different wants and needs. I wanted an American muscle slice that's sucks gas, and is reminiscent of the old muscle car days. If I wanted something that would get great mileage and have excellent performance, I would have considered the v6.

The history of the 5.0 made a lot in my decision. And the new one has proven to be able to destroy cars far more expensive than the gt with a little investment.

I'm glad you love your six. I would too had a choose the 8.

But stop bragging about pissing of gt owners in these threads.

This is a community man...

Can't we all just get along?

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

And I'm sure there are people who've dropped 4k into a focus that can take a stock v6... Are you pissed because you lost to a 2l 4cyl?

The v6 is awesome in its own regards... As is the gt. both have different baseline and ranges of performance that can be achieved with varying amounts of additional money.

You seem to take tremendous pleasure talking down gt owners here, perhaps years of DBAG v8 owners taking down v6 owners have created this disdain.

Bottom line. I love my v8. I'm not a moron or fool because I choose a v8 over a six. I have different wants and needs. I wanted an American muscle slice that's sucks gas, and is reminiscent of the old muscle car days. If I wanted something that would get great mileage and have excellent performance, I would have considered the v6.

The history of the 5.0 made a lot in my decision. And the new one has proven to be able to destroy cars far more expensive than the gt with a little investment.

Ah my V6 is reminiscent of the 60's muscle cars. Your GT will smoke em.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
Don't do it bro. The V6 maintains a lower mpg average, no matter what... Plus. I've put about four grand into my car, no F/I, and I can take GT's. I'd stay V6 and piss off GT owners. Just imagine how pissed you'd be, and how little satisfaction you'd get if you beat a V6, if a V6 smoked your GT. Look up the tech specs and the smaller engine is the winner '11 and up...

96 gts don't count..
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

I couldn't have said it better.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I couldn't have said it better.
Agreed.. Personally I'd rather have my 215hp 5.0L then the new 6... No 6 or V8 for that matter will match the tones of a push rod 5.0L IMO..
If speed or 1/4 mile times are what your after, I've got this 4cyl Honda engine... In my street bike.. Cars are slow.

And why is it ok for 6 owners to talk **** bout 8's but not the other way around.. Just like ricer owners, jus say'n
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Agreed.. Personally I'd rather have my 215hp 5.0L then the new 6... No 6 or V8 for that matter will match the tones of a push rod 5.0L IMO..
If speed or 1/4 mile times are what your after, I've got this 4cyl Honda engine... In my street bike.. Cars are slow.

And why is it ok for 6 owners to talk **** bout 8's but not the other way around.. Just like ricer owners, jus say'n
+1
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Id take a stock 14 second 5.0 push rod fox body over a 10 second v6 every day of the week. Their is just no better sound in the world than a V8
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
Id take a stock 14 second 5.0 push rod fox body over a 10 second v6 every day of the week. Their is just no better sound in the world than a V8
+1 that's one of the main decisions I want to get a GT for my Mustang when I finally get it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
+10000

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar