Death Metal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Death Metal

I doubt this thread will last very long, but let's give it a try....

Most people can't tell by looking at me, but metal is my favorite genre of music. Death metal in particular. I'll head bang in my car when nobody's looking Pulsing drums. The guttural screaming. Guitar riffs that wanna make you take on the world. I love it! Most of my friends prefer other genres, but I'm wondering if there are any metal heads here on ME--or am I just the odd one out? What bands do you guys favor? Maybe I've heard of them Some of my favorites are down below.

Sybreed
Scar Symmetry
Soilwork
MyGrain
Trivium

Share some of your favorite metal bands with me I'm shopping around for some new music.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Metal and mustangs ?dream woman?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like old metal and some of it goes back to black sabbaths sweet leaf thats the song cant remember what the album was... And but i liked metal all the way into the late 80's... Cant stand the music nowa days.... Its just to fast...
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Metal and mustangs ?dream woman?
+1 to that!!

I've been listening to a lot of For Today and Whitechapel since they both had new albums drop recently. Some of my most played bands are August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Lamb Of God, and Slipknot. I just recently found some supergroup called Axewound on YouTube.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I like August Burns Red and LOG. Other than that into the bands that came out in the 90's like Korn, Disturbed, Deftones and bands like that
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Taylor swift. Lol. I won't lie. But I listen to all sorts.
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
Man Card...Removed... (appears tough on forums) ***gmcmanus turns on Norah Jones***
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus

Man Card...Removed... (appears tough on forums) ***gmcmanus turns on Norah Jones***
I'll second that notion. Lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Nothing wrong with that I listen to Britney Spears lady gaga and Mariah carry and the backstreet boys along with my me teal music like rob zombie white zombie iron maiden god smack etc
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that I listen to Britney Spears lady gaga and Mariah carry and the backstreet boys along with my me teal music like rob zombie white zombie iron maiden god smack etc
Thank you! I'm sure other dudes listen to Tay Swift on this forum but won't say! What's funny was that my ex was a huge Taylor Swift fan and she was listening to it and then she got me hooked. I won't lie
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcobra31 View Post
I doubt this thread will last very long, but let's give it a try....

Most people can't tell by looking at me, but metal is my favorite genre of music. Death metal in particular. I'll head bang in my car when nobody's looking Pulsing drums. The guttural screaming. Guitar riffs that wanna make you take on the world. I love it! Most of my friends prefer other genres, but I'm wondering if there are any metal heads here on ME--or am I just the odd one out? What bands do you guys favor? Maybe I've heard of them Some of my favorites are down below.

Sybreed
Scar Symmetry
Soilwork
MyGrain
Trivium

Share some of your favorite metal bands with me I'm shopping around for some new music.
Metal, Mustangs, beautiful woman = sad Andrew because you are a rare kind of lady lol
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
I like old metal and some of it goes back to black sabbaths sweet leaf thats the song cant remember what the album was... And but i liked metal all the way into the late 80's... Cant stand the music nowa days.... Its just to fast...
I'm actually the opposite of you I like more modern metal. I love it when the music is fast, but at the same time, I don't like it to be so fast that it "takes the flavor away." I don't listen to very much thrash metal for example; it just sounds like noise to me. I even care about the style of the screaming vocalist. I prefer guttural growls over shrill screams. I could go on and on.... Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
+1 to that!!

I've been listening to a lot of For Today and Whitechapel since they both had new albums drop recently. Some of my most played bands are August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Lamb Of God, and Slipknot. I just recently found some supergroup called Axewound on YouTube.
I love August Burns Red I discovered them just a week ago, and have been hooked ever since! The band MyGrain is actually similar to As I Lay Dying if you wanna check them out. I like both bands. The song "Killing Time" by MyGrain is phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary View Post
I like August Burns Red and LOG. Other than that into the bands that came out in the 90's like Korn, Disturbed, Deftones and bands like that
I still have respect for Korn even though I prefer their old stuff over their new stuff. Their song, Got the Life, is still a classic The song, Hold On, is also pretty sick I liked Disturbed's older stuff better, too. Again, I adore August Burns Red.

Quote:
Don't do it. Just don't. Hahaha! .............Nah, I'm just messin' with ya

Quote:
Lol that's cool. Good to know that Godsmack is on your list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775 View Post
Metal, Mustangs, beautiful woman = sad Andrew because you are a rare kind of lady lol
Hahaha well, I don't know very many people with the same taste in music as myself :p Most of my friends prefer R&B lol

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Death (of course,R.I.P. Chuck)
Six feet under
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
ZAO
SLAYER....of course.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love August Burns Red I discovered them just a week ago, and have been hooked ever since! The band MyGrain is actually similar to As I Lay Dying if you wanna check them out. I like both bands. The song "Killing Time" by MyGrain is phenomenal.
I will definitely have to check them out. I love August Burns Red's older stuff. Their drummer is one of my top three favorite drummers along with Joey Jordison(Slipknot) and Jordan Mancino(AILD).
Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I will listen to absolutely anything with a melody and / or rhythm but my most played songs are by Rob Zombie, Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Within Temptation, FFDP so yes I love the metal!
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I will definitely have to check them out. I love August Burns Red's older stuff. Their drummer is one of my top three favorite drummers along with Joey Jordison(Slipknot) and Jordan Mancino(AILD).
I just checked out AxeWound. Good find I really like their song, Cold. Vultures is pretty decent, too, though in my opinion, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the style of screaming in that one--but I can live with it One of my favorite drummers has to be Dirk Verbeuren of Soilwork. I like him best for his role in Sybreed's album, Antares. Sybreed is more industrial metal. I have the album Leveler from August Burns Red. Haven't checked out their older stuff yet, but I plan to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
I will listen to absolutely anything with a melody and / or rhythm but my most played songs are by Rob Zombie, Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Within Temptation, FFDP so yes I love the metal!
Ah, Within Temptation! I have songs from them, too. Sharon has one of the most beautiful voices You might be interested in the band, Nightwish. Not has good as Within Temptation, but the style is similar.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just checked out AxeWound. Good find I really like their song, Cold. Vultures is pretty decent, too, though in my opinion, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the style of screaming in that one--but I can live with it One of my favorite drummers has to be Dirk Verbeuren of Soilwork. I like him best for his role in Sybreed's album, Antares. Sybreed is more industrial metal. I have the album Leveler from August Burns Red. Haven't checked out their older stuff yet, but I plan to.

Ah, Within Temptation! I have songs from them, too. Sharon has one of the most beautiful voices You might be interested in the band, Nightwish. Not has good as Within Temptation, but the style is similar.
Hmm I haven't heard that song. Leveler is a decent album, my favorite is Messengers, it's one of the few albums that I find myself hard pressed to find a song that I don't like.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Alright so we're not quite death metal but we play pretty much of a wide assortment across the spectrum. I wrote this song right after the Columbine shootings but prior to 911 (vids from 2003). tell me what you guys think.....
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life
Alright so we're not quite death metal but we play pretty much of a wide assortment across the spectrum. I wrote this song right after the Columbine shootings but prior to 911 (vids from 2003). tell me what you guys think.....
Also, check out "Sadus", thats my coworkers band and they been touring close 2 20 years!! Total deathmetal
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Any A Day To Remember fans? Probably my favorite band. I love music in general i dont really discriminate. I have the slipknot logo and "Never Too Late" from three days grace tattooed on the same arm lol
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
Pete Jones
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Love me some killswitch engage, all that remains, fear factory etc etc. I like more melodic kind of metal not just pure straight screaming to where I can't understand a word they are saying.

Also been liking some of the Finnish style bands like HIM and the 69 eyes

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
Love me some killswitch engage, all that remains, fear factory etc etc. I like more melodic kind of metal not just pure straight screaming to where I can't understand a word they are saying.

Haven't checked them out but it's my understanding the past two Fear Factory albums are a lot like 'Soul of a new Machine' and 'Demanufacture'?? Can you confirm this!?!?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Pete Jones
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Haven't checked them out but it's my understanding the past two Fear Factory albums are a lot like 'Soul of a new Machine' and 'Demanufacture'?? Can you confirm this!?!?
I cannot my friend, last album I bought was soul of a new machine and I wasn't into it that much. I love the obsolete album

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
We butter the bread with butter anyone????
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I cannot my friend, last album I bought was soul of a new machine and I wasn't into it that much. I love the obsolete album
Obsolete was ok, I really like the older stuff personally. My buddy says the singer is back now so.. Hmm guess ima have to take a chance..
Like we talked about before the new Stone Sour is a little soft..
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of pure straight screaming, either. I need my metal to have "flavor." Scar Symmetry is a pretty good example of melodic death metal. Sybreed is also up there on my list. They're both bands from Sweden. Scar Symmetry's vocalist, Christian Alvestam, is probably my most favorite singers in the world. He sings like an angel, yet his screams know no bounds Sadly, he left the band a short while ago

Try listening to Doomsday Party by Sybreed. It might not be your cup of tea, but I'll post the link here anyway.

Everyone else should have a listen, too! You could genuinely dance to it

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of pure straight screaming, either. I need my metal to have "flavor." Scar Symmetry is a pretty good example of melodic death metal. Sybreed is also up there on my list. They're both bands from Sweden. Scar Symmetry's vocalist, Christian Alvestam, is probably my most favorite singers in the world. He sings like an angel, yet his screams know no bounds Sadly, he left the band a short while ago

Try listening to Doomsday Party by Sybreed. It might not be your cup of tea, but I'll post the link here anyway.

Everyone else should have a listen, too! You could genuinely dance to it
On my phone, says PC only..
Never understood that..
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #28
Pete Jones
Regular

Quote:

Obsolete was ok, I really like the older stuff personally. My buddy says the singer is back now so.. Hmm guess ima have to take a chance..
Like we talked about before the new Stone Sour is a little soft..
You hear the original killswitch engage singer is back with them because their singer ha to leave use to health issues. Same could be sainwith three days grace, now the singer from my darkest days is taking his place.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On my phone, says PC only..
Never understood that..

How about now? (Why do I get the feeling that I didn't do anything differently)?

Oh, wait a minute.... I tested it out on my phone, and I can't play it, either.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

How about now? (Why do I get the feeling that I didn't do anything differently)?
Same same lol
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
There is nothing like listen to death metal while driving a powerful mustang lol! I love all types of metal hardcore screamo whatever. Old and new. Try a couple of these if you haven't heard of them. Asking Alexandria, emure, bring me the horizon, children of Bodom, the word alive. All that remains. Just to name a few.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I'm the same as the op looking at me you wouldnt think I like metal/hard rock. I listen to in this moment, five finger death punch, sevendust, Korn, godsmack, projected, digital summer. I'm also friends with the lead singer LJ from sevendust and his wife ashley. So I hear about new bands all the time. It's awesome.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1415089064.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	85461
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
There is nothing like listen to death metal while driving a powerful mustang lol! I love all types of metal hardcore screamo whatever. Old and new. Try a couple of these if you haven't heard of them. Asking Alexandria, emure, bring me the horizon, children of Bodom, the word alive. All that remains. Just to name a few.
Yup, death metal + 5.0L V8 = ear orgasm. I'm sure a magnaflow exhaust would advance it even further lol! I'm checking out Emmure right now. Their song, Protoman, is pretty catchy. I hope one day that someone challenges me to a drag race while I'm blaring that song

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
I'm the same as the op looking at me you wouldnt think I like metal/hard rock. I listen to in this moment, five finger death punch, sevendust, Korn, godsmack, projected, digital summer. I'm also friends with the lead singer LJ from sevendust and his wife ashley. So I hear about new bands all the time. It's awesome.
No way! You know LJ? That's so awesome!!!!! It's an old song, but my favorite one from Sevendust has to be "Live Again." It just sounds soooo epic.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
Any A Day To Remember fans? Probably my favorite band. I love music in general i dont really discriminate. I have the slipknot logo and "Never Too Late" from three days grace tattooed on the same arm lol
Their new song Violence (Enough is Enough) is so bad ***! Heaviest song from them and has been on repeat on my iPhone since the song came out
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar