I love the attention - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1

Region: Colorado
I love the attention

I have an 88 that's in pretty good condition, everyone tries to guess the year but they're usually wrong. they'll usually guess '91. Anyways I love it when i'm at the red light or gas station and someone flags me down wanting to buy my Stang. Or I'll have perfect strangers walk up and tell me stories about when they had a foxbody. it'll never get sold, but I love the attention. I get atleast 4 offers a week. Mustangs for life
Bford024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bford024 View Post
I have an 88 that's in pretty good condition, everyone tries to guess the year but they're usually wrong. they'll usually guess '91. Anyways I love it when i'm at the red light or gas station and someone flags me down wanting to buy my Stang. Or I'll have perfect strangers walk up and tell me stories about when they had a foxbody. it'll never get sold, but I love the attention. I get atleast 4 offers a week. Mustangs for life
Great condition foxes are a hard fine, especially around me, my buddy drove to Tennessee from here in NJ just to look at a great condition fox, wound up buying it and driving it back home, he looked for sooooo long for a really great condition fox...I want a 91 super bad but rarely see them in a good condition
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger

Great condition foxes are a hard fine, especially around me, my buddy drove to Tennessee from here in NJ just to look at a great condition fox, wound up buying it and driving it back home, he looked for sooooo long for a really great condition fox...I want a 91 super bad but rarely see them in a good condition
I've been wanting one probably since 88, they are always my favorite, excluding the 60s. I only paid $2500 for mine. It needs a lil work on the rear quarter panel and a new rear end. The new ones I pee a lil every time I see one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I got lucky and found a cali born and raised fox with 55,000 original miles on the engine and trans interior is 8-10 needing only headliner and sunroof latch seats look brand new all original had to fix some wires and fuses and brake lines oh a need to spray my hood black (its primerd not glossed but its a 25 year old car guy wanted 5 I paid 3300 I was lucky he was busy with work and he didn't have time to try to get a better offer . I looked for half a year for a decent one its not hard to find foxes but nice ones go quick and people hold on to them or won't budge on price lol
The420fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420fox
I got lucky and found a cali born and raised fox with 55,000 original miles on the engine and trans interior is 8-10 needing only headliner and sunroof latch seats look brand new all original had to fix some wires and fuses and brake lines oh a need to spray my hood black (its primerd not glossed but its a 25 year old car guy wanted 5 I paid 3300 I was lucky he was busy with work and he didn't have time to try to get a better offer . I looked for half a year for a decent one its not hard to find foxes but nice ones go quick and people hold on to them or won't budge on price lol
Aye, u right cause my fox isn't going anywhere, and if anyone asks for me to sell it to them I tell them, give me 10 grand n it's urs, they're quick to say nevermind lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i love foxbody's . when i have some money to spare im totally gona buy a fox. hopefully one in decent condition

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've only seen one other 85 light reggeta blue 85 gt I love my fox and it's gonna be with me till the day I die I came close to selling it once but when it came down to it I just couldn't do it
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
I've only seen one other 85 light reggeta blue 85 gt I love my fox and it's gonna be with me till the day I die I came close to selling it once but when it came down to it I just couldn't do it
Think that's what would happen if I tried to sell mine I just fell in love and I think it's real this time guys lol
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bford024 View Post

Aye, u right cause my fox isn't going anywhere, and if anyone asks for me to sell it to them I tell them, give me 10 grand n it's urs, they're quick to say nevermind lol.
Yea People want my car and ask to buy it but it seems like when I tell them what I would sell it for if i ever did they start lookin at shoelaces I would not let mine go for twice what I paid I what I feel its worth more. when i bought mine i was surprised guy sold me his i could tell he needed money or was just overwhelmed in life idk I was surprised when he called sayin let do it

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420fox View Post

Yea People want my car and ask to buy it but it seems like when I tell them what I would sell it for if i ever did they start lookin at shoelaces I would not let mine go for twice what I paid I what I feel its worth more. when i bought mine i was surprised guy sold me his i could tell he needed money or was just overwhelmed in life idk I was surprised when he called sayin let do it
Had to try not to sound to excited lol
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #10

[QUOTE="The420fox"]

I got mine from a guy who was looking for a truck to buy, sold me his fox for $2500, I got it n got the phuk outta there in case I wanted to change his mind. Need a lil work but runs like a champ.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That's how I felt getting mine thought he was going to change his mind but when I pulled out the cash and he had

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-352239376.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	512.0 KB
ID:	87175

In his hand you could tell he needed the cash and stopped looking so hesitant lol so I got in and got back home I took my car to my mechanic thinking there had to be something wrong me and my girls dad were saying its to nice to let go that low something has to be wrong but couldnt find nothin serious said only minor 25 year old car problems but engine and trans are perfect the whole drive home I had the feeling I stole the car, people wanted that much for there trashed ran threw foxes I almost feel he didn't know about cars at all or something the most minor things like fuses looked unchecked maybe he bought the car ran it for the year and sold it right when things lil things started goin wrong... Wipers and turn signals whatever the case I'm happy
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The420fox

That's how I felt getting mine thought he was going to change his mind but when I pulled out the cash and he had

In his hand you could tell he needed the cash and stopped looking so hesitant lol so I got in and got back home I took my car to my mechanic thinking there had to be something wrong me and my girls dad were saying its to nice to let go that low something has to be wrong but couldnt find nothin serious said only minor 25 year old car problems but engine and trans are perfect the whole drive home I had the feeling I stole the car, people wanted that much for there trashed ran threw foxes I almost feel he didn't know about cars at all or something the most minor things like fuses looked unchecked maybe he bought the car ran it for the year and sold it right when things lil things started goin wrong... Wipers and turn signals whatever the case I'm happy
The guy I bought mine from didn't tell me the rear end was bent, but other than that it runs great. I'm the third owner (and final) owner it was kept by a older guy i'm assuming cause I have ALL the records done to it. It has almost 200,000 miles and runs tip top. Minor problems, lil cosmetic damage on driver side rear quarter panel. The front bumper looks like some one pulled up too close to a curb to park. The previous owner "forgot"to mention the bent axle. I feel like I still got a great deal. Plus I know someone who's selling me the rear axle and two front hubs to convert to 5 lugs and disc brakes all around $250. How much did u end up paying for urs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar