No respect for our 11 plus v6 models - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickv09GT500 View Post
I see a lot of fun comments on here. Most of the guys (and girls) who own any V8 Mustang started out owning a 4 or 6 cylinder Mustang. Dont let them lie to you. It is also just good old hazing for most of them. I have owned a 97 V6 vert, 98 GT, 07 GT and now a 09 GT500. Considering the fact that the current generation V6 in likely faster than the first two and nearly a tie with the third one I dont believe anyone should be emabarassed to drive one today.When the Fox body Mustang guys with 5.0's try to rag you just tell them their car probably came stock with a 4 cylinder. The first production version of that variety off the assembly was a notchback 4 cyl turbo. It is now part of the National Parts Depot collection in Ocala, Fl.
Yeap exactly I went from a 99 v6 to a 02 gt and now a 99 cobra
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Have you ever noticed how the mustang enthusiasts always claim our v6 models are not true performance vehicles. They call it the commuter car with a little pep. What's the deal with that nonsense? I mean our vehicle stock from the factory is putting down 0-60 times between 5.3 to 5.6 seconds and 1/4 mile times between 13.8 to 14.1. All with stock tires and 2.73 fuel economy gears. Maybe I'm missing something but those numbers are no commuter car with little pep to me. That's running close to 2010 and previous Gt numbers all for 5 to 7k less than the previous Gt models. Just because a vehicle doesn't have a V8 doesn't mean it's not quick and a performance type vehicle. Clearly our vehicles are capable of traveling at speeds in excess of 140 plus with the proper speed rated tires and once the speed limiter is removed. The performance package comes with the Gt suspension and 3:31gears which is even bigger acceleration from its 2:73 gears. I'm not sure why people feel our sixers are way less a vehicle than previous Gt models and not in the same league as there Gt. The previous Gt's have really good power down low ,however they were coming with 3:15 or 3:31 gears. Our models with 2.73 gears definitely lack down low power but thats an easy fix, have 3:31 or 3:55 gears installed and its a different beast altogether. Our V6 models finally have really nice potential for mods and great power gains. I acknowledge our v6 is not in the same league as the new 5.0 models but that doesn't mean our sixers are not serious performance vehicles. Personally, I don't care what size the engine is, power is power and if Ford someday is sporting a 4 banger ecoboost that rocks out 400 HP and can send it down the 1/4 mile track in under 13 seconds, then sign me up.
Hey there's no question that the new v6s with 305hp aren't a joke. They actually make only 1 hp less then the original Shelby gt350 and Handel and perform way better. That being said ford made the v6 for people who didn't want or need the v8. Also ford designed the v6 for a more practical daily driver car that gets amazing mpg but still has good power for when you need it. The first mustang I ever drove was a 2011 v6 and i had a blast out in Arizona where speed limits are 75. A few months latter I had a chance to drive a 2012 GT and man what a difference between cars the v8 is just so much faster and sounds so much better.... To me the way I look at the v6 compared to the v8 is the v6 is a practical daily driver with some power. The v8 is just a monster of a car...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Truth is, all these cars are pretty slow. Wouldn't stand a chance up against a REAL performance machine. I love my cobra, but compared to some cars and bikes I driven.... The mustang is a dog. Slow as balls...... Just sayin. Love what u drive, there are supercharged 4-cylinders could take down the fastest mustangs any day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

Hey there's no question that the new v6s with 305hp aren't a joke. They actually make only 1 hp less then the original Shelby gt350 and Handel and perform way better. That being said ford made the v6 for people who didn't want or need the v8. Also ford designed the v6 for a more practical daily driver car that gets amazing mpg but still has good power for when you need it. The first mustang I ever drove was a 2011 v6 and i had a blast out in Arizona where speed limits are 75. A few months latter I had a chance to drive a 2012 GT and man what a difference between cars the v8 is just so much faster and sounds so much better.... To me the way I look at the v6 compared to the v8 is the v6 is a practical daily driver with some power. The v8 is just a monster of a car...
I would fully agree compared to the 5.0 the v6 couldn't hold it's oil filter. The 5.0 is a beast and crazy power. Same the 12 Gt is not in the same league as the 10 Gt and previous Gt years. Yet the 11 plus v6 compared to 10 and under Gt's now your right there with power and very similar.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i moved this to the bar to give you all lee way...this is not a tech thread so it was in the wrong spot from the beginning. i will say if this thread gets out of hand like the other threads on the v6's as of late it will be closed. hope that clears anything up have some good clean debating please

1slosix

carving corners like a boss
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I think everybody has been very respectful thus far. Just having some good old debating and certainly respect everyone's view point.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had the choice between a new V6 or a very low mileage 2010 GT and I choose the GT for personal reasons (I already had a pretty good deal made on a sc). I have it modded pretty good now and have not been beat by many cars, but I never take any Stang lightly, V6 or not. U will always have those V8 or nothing people but I love all stangs and never underestimate any.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Lmao. I think it may be a little sour grapes that for years the Gt version was one of the big boys and the v6 model didn't even come close. Short of super charging a 2010 v6 there was no way it was coming close to the Gt model from same year. Then the 11 v6 came out and we got ourselves a different ball game. We're running maybe 2 to 3 tenths a second behind the 10 Gt models for thousands less, on fuel economy 2.73 gears and all weather non performance stock tires. Now just spend 600 bucks on 3:31 or 3:55 gears and that 2 to 3 tenths a second is no more. Our cars can pull power out from down low just like the 10 Gt can, you just need the right gears to do so. The previous Gt models came with at least 3:15 gearing or 3:31 gears so they could pull there power down low. I'm not saying that our cars are better or more than a Gt but their certainly worthy of being in the same league as the 2010 and under Gt models. Ford stepped up to the plate and made an awesome six banger of a vehicle that has huge potential for power gains without speeding huge amounts of money on its mods.
The new V6s are nice. I test drove many before settling on a 2010 GT. To me there wasn't much comparison for why I wanted. Great torque and sound and a place to put the sc I already ha coming. Still I would jump on. New V6 in a heart beat for the gas savings alone. Just too many people have them. Mustangs in general. I rarely see a 2010 GT lol, but no one really wants those lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight View Post
I had the choice between a new V6 or a very low mileage 2010 GT and I choose the GT for personal reasons (I already had a pretty good deal made on a sc). I have it modded pretty good now and have not been beat by many cars, but I never take any Stang lightly, V6 or not. U will always have those V8 or nothing people but I love all stangs and never underestimate any.
When I purchased my 11 v6 I bought it back in October 2010. I was looking to only buy new and would of gladly considered a 10 Gt. It was getting late in the 10 car season and not many new GT's left. The several that were left were priced in the mid 30's. I was not looking to spend that much and was able to buy my 11 for 22,500. There was no way in gods green earth I was buying a 10 Gt for that price. I wanted the power of the 10 Gt but only wanted to spend the price of a sixer. The choice was easy so 2011 sixer it was.

Since then I have done some mods and absolutely no regrets about purchasing it.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamson
It doesn't make a spit of differance to me what anyone says about owning a v6 stang. I'm not out to prove my manhood by the car I own. I bought what I liked and that's it. I have nothing against anyone who bought a v8, they got what they wanted. Smack against v6 is just good old hazing, I take it with good humor. By the way, I also own a v4 BMW lol.
+1,000 my first Stang was a 2000 V6, stock was 190 HP and I loved the heck out of that car. Got a ticket doing 91 in a 35 in it lol. If aren't racing at a track often if really doesn't matter. U can only go so fast without breaking the law. And even at the track, the person with the most money to spend on their car usually wins but I've seen rich, bad drivers make new 5.0s and Shelby's look pathetic.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

When I purchased my 11 v6 I bought it back in October 2010. I was looking to only buy new and would of gladly considered a 10 Gt. It was getting late in the 10 car season and not many new GT's left. The several that were left were priced in the mid 30's. I was not looking to spend that much and was able to buy my 11 for 22,500. There was no way in gods green earth I was buying a 10 Gt for that price. I wanted the power of the 10 Gt but only wanted to spend the price of a sixer. The choice was easy so 2011 sixer it was.

Since then I have done some mods and absolutely no regrets about purchasing it.
I agree bro. It was a tough choice. I got my 10 for 25k OTD but even then, I was like, I could get a brand new V6 with similar hp for around the same price. Even as i was getting ready to sign the papers i kept looking back at this DUB edition V6. If I was alone I probably would have gotten it, but I was with the girlfriend and we had been car shopping for a month so she was pretty inpatient by that point lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
1970 Chevelle SS 454 > 2007 Toyota Tundra > 2011 Mustang 5.0

Also only 24 years old

What is this V6 mustang your talking about
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is way off topic but don't you find it funny how they named a mustang ,cobra. Why stick a snake emblem on a vehicle that's a horse. Since when do horses like cobra snakes. It's a pony car but call it a name of a snake. Silly
Roflmao lI agree. Horses hate snakes. And then the GT is a Coyote engine. Wtf. Why not call it a Stud!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Roflmao lI agree. Horses hate snakes. And then the GT is a Coyote engine. Wtf. Why not call it a Stud!
True lol. Coyotes don't like Horses.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lets go ahead and keep street racing comments in check too lol...i will say alrefire i hope to run into a new 3.7L when i do some auto-x this summer...it'll be nice to see how they handle it

carving corners like a boss
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
lets go ahead and keep street racing comments in check too lol...i will say alrefire i hope to run into a new 3.7L when i do some auto-x this summer...it'll be nice to see how they handle it
I've never done auto-x..... Don't really know how :p
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Auto x is fun and all about breaking and handling, me and Bullitt were able to beat a Maserati and a few vettes but miatas and sti's owned the track
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Auto x is fun and all about breaking and handling, me and Bullitt were able to beat a Maserati and a few vettes but miatas and sti's owned the track
I'd like to see those miatas and sti's work some at the drag strip
*z snap formation :p
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Lol the miatas might not be good a the strip but there's some preety beefed up sti's pushing well over 400hp and gutted
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

Hey there's no question that the new v6s with 305hp aren't a joke. They actually make only 1 hp less then the original Shelby gt350 and Handel and perform way better.

Actually they make more HP. That was Gross SAE HP. Now days we speak net SAE HP
That 306 then would be roughly 245 today.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've personally got a lot of respect for the 11+ V6 models. They are straight up mean six bangers! I just prefer the sound and torque of a V8. They are classic designs, that's all... People that bash the V6 models and pound their chest its just simple puffery and ******baggery. End of story.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post
I've personally got a lot of respect for the 11+ V6 models. They are straight up mean six bangers! I just prefer the sound and torque of a V8. They are classic designs, that's all... People that bash the V6 models and pound their chest its just simple puffery and ******baggery. End of story.
Totally agree that the V8 sound is second to none. The rumble in the V8 is awesome.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Totally agree that the V8 sound is second to none. The rumble in the V8 is awesome.
Specially with some borla axle backs!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
there is no respect for any non v8 mustang for the most part, just how people are out there~ wont change anytime soon either

same with any car group, if you have the entry model or what not you get the shaft
I had tons of respect for my 86 SVO.. That's one of 3 cars I no longer have that I still wish I had.. out of over 15 cars so far haha..
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Hey i love all mustangs it all boils down to what you like. I personally have a GT but hell I wanted a gt500 KR but didnt have 100, 000 lol so I got a GT instead. Plus this days the newer 6 is keeping up with the older GTs.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
Hey i love all mustangs it all boils down to what you like. I personally have a GT but hell I wanted a gt500 KR but didnt have 100, 000 lol so I got a GT instead. Plus this days the newer 6 is keeping up with the older GTs.
And passing some :p
Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

And passing some :p
Yeah you right. I choose a v8 for the sound and feel. I was given an awesome deal on a 2011 v6 but thats just not what I wanted. I dont race mine I mean on the street every now and then. But its the feel of the motor to me hell I felt bad when i seen the new cobra with a 5.8 it made my 4.6 look small.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
GT500KR guys Talk **** about GT500's,GT350's and Shelby GT's as well as 5.0, SVT Cobra etc.. All the way down the line. Go to the Mustang Cobra Sites and read them bash Shelby and vice versa. GT owners with Forced induction will look down on all motor GT owners cars... It is the same as you looking down at a Honda Civic.. Buy what you like and can afford.
^Just the point I was about to make. ^

If you are happy with your purchase, then what others say shouldn't matter. I bought the car I could afford so I had money left over for mods. So I cold personalize my ride.

All in all there is very little disrespect amongst us ford guys. It's all in good fun.

Us GT guys sometimes look at the cobra guys and wonder what that are trying to compensate for......J/K. <-- it can go both ways!! lol
Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Ford used Cobra because back in the days of the Mustang II they put it on a model with flashy stickers to compensate for the low horsepower that they put out due to gas milage and insurance companies, government etc. mandating changes from the muscle car era of the 60's and early 70's. It played on the Shelby connection of the 60's and very early 70's and was more of a marketing strategy to make potential owners buy the car with a very loose connection to that heritage.

They brought it back in 93 because they were going to lose the right to own it. After that the program (SVT) was so successful that it stuck.

Just a side note:

The only thing that ever made a mid 70's Mustang II Cobra look good was Farrah Fawcett sitting on the hood. My opinion of course..
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Also want to add that when the 3.7 came out I did have the 4.6 3v car and the GT owners I hung out with were pretty impressed with the new engine/car as a whole. I think the newer engine gets more respect then v6 cars of the past. Even a few magazines have done performance articles with power adders on them...
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Try owning a 2.3 '88 LX. My first Mustang. Less than 100hp. Talk about no love from the GT's. I think I earned the right to give the v6's a little grief.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #67
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I chose the v8 because I have an embarrassingly small penis and I have to over compensate for it, but I couldn't afford a vette

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I chose the v8 because I have an embarrassingly small penis and I have to over compensate for it, but I couldn't afford a vette
ROFLMAO
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Welcome to my world and heck I only got V6 model. How ya think I feel. Lmao
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #70
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Lmao!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar