Street Parking - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Street Parking

So I HATE parking my Precious Mustang on the street. My POS rental house doesn't have a driveway even though every house beside me does. So I decided to buy a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LMAO!!!!! Simply to commute to work in and drive the wheels off of it! Now I'm trying to figure out where to store my Mustang to get it off the street and away from punk kids spitting on it (yes it has happened many times)... Any ideas from peeps that have been in the same predicament?
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

When I first got my mustang I would park in on the side of the street in front of my house cause we had 4 cars in our driveway.my mom & stepdad were so scared for it to be parked on the street that they sold 2 of the cars so I could park it in the driveway.now if only we can get the garage cleaned out so I can park it in there.

How bout renting a storge for it if its not your dd.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely though about storage facility. I don't necessarily have to have it garaged but it would nice for it to be safe and put a car cover on it outside. I wonder how much a storage facility charges for a parking area..... Also going to try to see if my friend will let me park and cover it at his house/driveway. As long as it isn't being spit on then I'm happy. People SUCK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanus View Post
Definitely though about storage facility. I don't necessarily have to have it garaged but it would nice for it to be safe and put a car cover on it outside. I wonder how much a storage facility charges for a parking area..... Also going to try to see if my friend will let me park and cover it at his house/driveway. As long as it isn't being spit on then I'm happy. People SUCK.
they're just jealous that you have a mustang & they don't.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to think that, however they are just part of our degenerate generation of youths these days. No respect for anyone or anything, need a good *** whipping!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

What about talking to your landlord about adding a driveway to your rent house? If you plan to live there for awhile it'd be a good investment for the property owner and it might be cheaper then paying storage fees. Plus maybe your landlord would help you with some of the cost or deduct some of your rent?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Paving is pricey, though. $6k for our 50' driveway and most landlords want to spend as little as possible. Worth a shot, though. If not, Id park it at your friends and buy a good car cover with a cable & lock.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
At Menards, maybe home depot/wal mart, they make these make shift kind of patios or garages, much cheaper than a drive, easy storage. Not much protection from people, but keeps itnoutnof sun, direct snow and rain. Just drive it over thengrass-gently lol.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

http://menards.com/main/building-mat...ers/c-5860.htm

Really depends on what you want to pay, but you could get by for 1500. I try not to buy things that are not tangible. Like RENTING a shelter is only 50-150 a month. But that adds up, and when you are done, you have nothing tangible.

Just something to keep in mind.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Paving is pricey, though. $6k for our 50' driveway and most landlords want to spend as little as possible. Worth a shot, though. If not, Id park it at your friends and buy a good car cover with a cable & lock.
Gee wiz! That's expensive! My parents had a 25'X40' driveway paved & rebar'd for about $2k. I guess labor is cheaper here in south Texas so close to the border.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

That is pretty high, I'd like to get a quote on a 15x10 asphalt slab to take to her when I renew my lease... She seems pretty reasonable I think; especially if I offer to pay half depending on the total cost. My new Mitsubishi Shi*theap DE Coupe can stay on the street for all I care lmao. Kids can spit and piss all over it and I'd just laugh.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar