EMT training - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
EMT training

Do we have any EMT's or Paramedics here? i'm looking into applying for the basic EMT training classes at the local college, then moving onto the 1 year paramedic training. I've been interested in doing this for a while...going to be applying for financial aid through the state. Any good reading materials i can look for that will help prepare me for this?

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Do we have any EMT's or Paramedics here? i'm looking into applying for the basic EMT training classes at the local college, then moving onto the 1 year paramedic training. I've been interested in doing this for a while...going to be applying for financial aid through the state. Any good reading materials i can look for that will help prepare me for this?
I know we have some first responders on here! Have you taken a 1st Aid/CPR class yet? That will probably be your first step. And some companies/depts may offer tuition assistance, something to look into.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ive been cpr trained for years..i checked online with the local college and watched some vids they had on the subject. Seems they only accept 16 students a class..hopefully this symester isnt full or else ill be stuck waiting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Ive been cpr trained for years..i checked online with the local college and watched some vids they had on the subject. Seems they only accept 16 students a class..hopefully this symester isnt full or else ill be stuck waiting.
You'll get in eventually, just be persistent.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Do they do semesters or quarters?
Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #5

Region: California
Hey I'm a certified EMT living in California. I would just say make sure you REALLY know your CPR by the first day of class. You'll have to do a written and a physical CPR test the first or second day. Many emt student got kicked out the first day cause they didn't know CPR well enough. So even if the class is full I'd say show up and show the instructor you really know your stuff. When you get in study a lot and really understand the material. You will need to know why you do something not just what to do.
JSHOE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They are a full semester....and thanks im planning to borrow my friends books and study now as well. Get ahead of the curve

Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

gonna go tomorrow for my blood work to make sure im hepi B immune

Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Girl I was boning is a Basic and currently going for her paramedic. She's working 24 on and 24 off its really hectic and I don't really see her too much anymore. She was always getting sick too. Between her kids and the people she was transferring, the germs were never ending.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

lol yeah luckily i have a great immune system...i haven't had even so much as a cold in 8 years or so. my med insurance feels wasted since i never go to a doctor

my friend does the 48 on 24 off schedule...but that's a long way off...still gotta get in the class first. if i can't get in this semester i'll have to wait til Oct for fall to start

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar