Get together date set! - Page 234 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #8156
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
Lookin good Hoss how's ya been?
Been doing fine, except for the hand and foot caring for my 85 year old Mom. She passed out in a grocery store 3 weeks ago and split her scalp open. When the firefighters got there (prior to the EMT's arrival), she was laying on the floor and her left foot was under a heavy display rack. When they stupidly ganged around her and jerked her off the floor to put her on a board, a store clerk said, "She screamed when her foot wouldn't budge." I was told one firefighter said, "Oh, sorry about that." I can't prove it but, I think they are the culprits that fractured her left ankle in two places. So, she's got a pin in her ankle and it's wrapped in a cast-like aparatus. Since then, I've been Mister Mom around here. But, a son's got to do anything and everything to help Mom. She'd gladly do it for me.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #8157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
That's a sexy *** bro no homo

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

And BTW thanks for your service, I have friends in the corps
You may change your mind when you find out what color stripes she'll be getting. (yellow)

You're Welcome and Thanks for the recognition. I'd do it again, if called upon, except I'm too old and fat to do it well now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #8158
Registered Member
Regular

You're allright brother glad she's doin better.
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #8159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're allright brother glad she's doin better.
I take her to Springfield tomorrow, so she can get that wrap off her foot. She's as tough as a boot sole and will continue to improve daily.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #8160
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think the stripes might just look awesome. Hulk Hogan pulled off red and yellow for years.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #8161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I think the stripes might just look awesome. Hulk Hogan pulled off red and yellow for years.
I ran the idea by Schmitty in Fulton. He approved. So surely I'm on the right track, huh?

To be honest, I want something that nobody else has, or doesn't have the guts to do, and that's own and drive a Race Red 2014 GT with a yellow Super Snake stripe and USMC rockers. I like unique. My 2nd choice was the shade of gold found on the Holman Moody Mustang. But, I like a flashier appearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hm50th.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	118566  
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #8162
Registered Member

Regular

I was think about wheels but not sure that wouldn't be overboard. Maybe if they had some nice yellow accents.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #8163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was think about wheels but not sure that wouldn't be overboard. Maybe if they had some nice yellow accents.
If I did, would you guys shun me? I'd better stop after the striping. Anyway, I contacted GraphicImagesInc in Fenton, MO today and authorized a work order. The owner said he'll send me a "mock-up" of the striped car in a couple of days, so I can see what she will look like. I'll post it when it hits my Inbox. I'm anxious to get 'r done and move on with the next item on my mod list. Gotta get it all done prior to the next meet, don't ya know.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #8164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
If I did, would you guys shun me? I'd better stop after the striping. Anyway, I contacted GraphicImagesInc in Fenton, MO today and authorized a work order. The owner said he'll send me a "mock-up" of the striped car in a couple of days, so I can see what she will look like. I'll post it when it hits my Inbox. I'm anxious to get 'r done and move on with the next item on my mod list. Gotta get it all done prior to the next meet, don't ya know.
Ya know I like different heck look at the colors on my car. I think with the USMC graphic your color choose will look Great can't wait to see it.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #8165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
Ya know I like different heck look at the colors on my car. I think with the USMC graphic your color choose will look Great can't wait to see it.
I've been considering these stripes for 2 months now. Believe it or not, I also thought about Red with Royal Blue stripes to retain a Corps color. But, Yellow keeps bouncing around in my head. I got fed up with the indecision and made the call to get my graphics guys started on the mock-up design.

One fantastic thing about vinyl striping is, it can easily be changed out for a different color. If yellow turns out to be funky, or causes oncoming drivers to suffer target fixation and crash, or gets me heckled at for having a yellow stripe down my back, I'll go with phosphorescent stripes that are chartreuse in color, bordered with grabber blue pinstripes, then hand signal everyone that they are #1 in my book.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #8166
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Y'all just saw a gunmetal grey v6 with a the v6 markings and pony stripe that's a police interceptor factor ford alloy wheels even the tri color horse they are getting sneaky beware of 13' 6 cylinders
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #8167
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
A bit off topic fellas but I gotta know... I posted up the slp's on Craigslist and I got an inquiry on them and I posted it up for 400 obo I'm only expecting 350 is that too high?? This guy said he'd give me 175 cuz another set sold for 150... I'm sorry but I won't sell these that low is that unreasonable??
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #8168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post
A bit off topic fellas but I gotta know... I posted up the slp's on Craigslist and I got an inquiry on them and I posted it up for 400 obo I'm only expecting 350 is that too high?? This guy said he'd give me 175 cuz another set sold for 150... I'm sorry but I won't sell these that low is that unreasonable??
I don't know what they're worth used, but in my opinion, I give very little worth to some Craigslist or Ebay shopper telling me others have sold much cheaper in the past, then offer you half your selling price, only to expect free shipping as well. I think he's just looking for a dirt cheap bargain and an easy mark. The ones he's talking about may not have been in all that great of shape either, but the ad he's talking about is no longer listed for you to compare yours with. Unless you've priced yours ungodly high, someone out there will buy good used SLPs instead of springing for the cost of new. If you can, be patient and mull over the offers. If you need a sound reference, have them give me a call and I can verify yours are damn sure LOUD.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #8169
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
I don't know what they're worth used, but in my opinion, I give very little worth to some Craigslist or Ebay shopper telling me others have sold much cheaper in the past, then offer you half your selling price, only to expect free shipping as well. I think he's just looking for a dirt cheap bargain and an easy mark. The ones he's talking about may not have been in all that great of shape either, but the ad he's talking about is no longer listed for you to compare yours with. Unless you've priced yours ungodly high, someone out there will buy good used SLPs instead of springing for the cost of new. If you can, be patient and mull over the offers. If you need a sound reference, have them give me a call and I can verify yours are damn sure LOUD.
Lol thanks hoss I agree he's looking for a bargin
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #8170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would tell him he should have bought the set for 150, mine are selling for 400. Do you want them or not?

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #8171
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I would tell him he should have bought the set for 150, mine are selling for 400. Do you want them or not?
Agreed

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

He's trying to rip you
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #8172
Registered Member
Regular

Settin up a garage/barn sale expectin a lot of the same type stuff Schmitty only difference there'll be a sign that says "hagglin welcomed but not required" on the barn door!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #8173
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is yours one of these 4.6 or ? here's a link to put on ur ad for em to compare if it's the right one.
http://m.summitracing.com/search/pro...xhaust-systems
The way I look at it most I might pay for parts that have been installed is half plus a little depends on how bad I want it. If they're in the box never installed 60% maybe a little more depends on how bad I want it if I'm sellin depends on how bad I want to sell. But above all "Cash is King" just my two cents.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #8174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attached is the design my graphics guys came up with. Specifying color brightness over the Internet is nearly impossible, so he and I will get together and choose the best quality vinyl of the proper color on Install Day. The photos show a yellow that is brighter than I want, but the design and sizing is perfect. He said he has several shades of yellow to choose from.

I'll be getting a 6 year warranty on installation and materials for somewhere between $300 and $350. Will take about 2 hours to cut the vinyl and install it. I've seen some of their work and it is amazing what they can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stripes.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	822.4 KB
ID:	118714  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #8175
Registered Member
Regular

Very sharp! Now I'll definitely notice you if I see you in the area.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #8176
Registered Member

Regular

I knew that would look sweet! Dang! I like it a lot.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #8177
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
Very sharp! Now I'll definitely notice you if I see you in the area.
I just hope she doesn't cause accidents.

Quote:
I knew that would look sweet! Dang! I like it a lot.
I expect it will be slightly toned down to a Primrose Yellow, which has a little orange in it for darkness. But I think I'm gonna like it. Install Day will be within the next two weeks.

Hulk Hogan Lives!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #8178
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Settin up a garage/barn sale expectin a lot of the same type stuff Schmitty only difference there'll be a sign that says "hagglin welcomed but not required" on the barn door!
Dad used to have a few signs displayed at his country business:

Dad's used car dealership...

"You See, You Like, You Buy! We Modify Nothing."

Dad's service station...

"Checks Accepted From Known-Good Customers. All Others Pay CASH."

Dad's garage liability injury coverage...

"We Are Responsible For Absolutely Nothing."
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #8179
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I just hope she doesn't cause accidents.

I expect it will be slightly toned down to a Primrose Yellow, which has a little orange in it for darkness. But I think I'm gonna like it. Install Day will be within the next two weeks.

Hulk Hogan Lives!
His slogan used to be, I am a real American, fight for the rights of every man. Lol. Kinda fits hoss.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #8180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
His slogan used to be, I am a real American, fight for the rights of every man. Lol. Kinda fits hoss.
Yeah. Fight for the rights to be UNIQUE, or in my case, ODD.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #8181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. Fight for the rights to be UNIQUE, or in my case, ODD.
Not odd unique I like the color comb I think it will look great with the USMC logo to set it apart.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #8182
Registered Member
Regular

2004 mustang cobra comp orange
Who can I borrow the money from??!!
calebstang74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #8183
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstang74 View Post
I was just looking for one of those lol

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Why is there no cobra in the grill?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #8184
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstang74 View Post
If I had it, Ud have it brother. That is amazing!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #8185
Registered Member
Regular

Still seems a little pricey for a termi though. I was going to look at 2004 termi, 10th anniversary, serial number 1 of 2000 made as a coupe 10th anniversary edition. Silver with only a borla cat back exhaust and a CAI. $24000 with only 25k miles. Still upset the guy decided not to sell it at the last minute. After that I didn't wanna go through the termi heart break again and went with a coyote.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #8186
Registered Member
Regular

It's a little high I think also but if I had the cash laying around it would be mine
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #8187
Registered Member

Regular

Cobras come factory with a pony in the grill. The cobra is aftermarket.

It is high. I wonder if they finance that much for those cars? Do y'all know?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #8188
Registered Member
Regular

I imagine most banks would, but I guarantee the interest rate on that high of a used car loan isn't going to be pleasant.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #8189
Registered Member
Regular

Do you know the secret to tell an 03 from an 04 Cobra?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #8190
Registered Member

Regular

What is the book value on a low mile 04 cobra?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar