Get together date set! - Page 282 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #9836
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic96 View Post
Our health care sucks haven't had a good experience myself or in my family in a long long time and that's several different family members in several different states several different hospitals.
You go to any in KC?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #9837
Registered Member
Regular

T I'll just say yes so I don't launch into a tirade brother.
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #9838
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, ok. I've been to them all, so I know which ones suck.

2013 GT/CS
Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #9839
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh it just sucks Jesse my lawyer stuck it in and broke it off in me. I am probably going to hafta sell her to get by because he is just straight up lying to cover his *** and there seems to be no recourse I am schemin n stormin tryin to figure out how to keep her, already lost my house my boat and ability to work because I got hurt. Got Urs with my disabity backpay she's really a family rod and we love cruisin her but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
I'm sorry to hear that brother. Wish I had the money to buy and hold it for you.
93fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #9840
Registered Member
Regular

Send positive energy I'm still fightin ta keep her it aint over til the fat lady sings!!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #9841
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Send positive energy I'm still fightin ta keep her it aint over til the fat lady sings!!
Can we rip that b#$+#es vocal cords out so she can't sing?
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #9842
Registered Member
Regular

I'd dig that brother ah hahaha!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #9843
Registered Member
Regular

We gotta get rid of these damned crickets! They're driving me nuts.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #9844
Registered Member
Regular

Freakin gettin old sucks huh Hoss?? Gotta make an apt for VA labs I'm gonna ask the doc if there's anything that helps!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #9845
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Freakin gettin old sucks huh Hoss?? Gotta make an apt for VA labs I'm gonna ask the doc if there's anything that helps!
Yeah it does. My days are often uneventful, so thread chatter fills my day.

I hope they can help you and ease any pain you experience. Suffering with back pain is not new to me. For years, I lived with Sciatica. The lower back weakness and pain, the radiation of pain down my right leg and and the numbing of my right ankle and two toes. What pissed me off the most was, sometimes while walking normally, I would reach out to take a right step and my knee would unlock, causing me to fall. Can't tell ya how many times I've skinned my palms and arms. Sometimes monthly, I'll still get a touch of sciatic nerve pain. A Navy orthopedic surgeon once told me I should try to live with it, if possible, because an operation could, and probably would, leave me with arthritis. He told me I didn't want that at all. I agreed. I have enough daily rheumatoid arthritis pain and stinging in my hands and wrists to deal with.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #9846
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya brother when you say crickets I hear em day and night freakin tinitus ringin in my ears bugs me more now. The pain I just ignore lets me know I'm still alive use otc meds got tired as hell of narcotic crap quit takin the chemical cocktails the Dr prescribed. All that crap does is keep ya on a roller coaster and make ya old before ur time not to mention the laundry list of side effects. Quit takin BP meds too I cut gluten and processed foods mostly outta my diet now I don't know how much weight I've lost 25 30 still losin and my BP is 120/80 114/74 123/83 was over 160 on top and over 90 on bottom.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #9847
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear ya brother when you say crickets I hear em day and night freakin tinitus ringin in my ears bugs me more now. The pain I just ignore lets me know I'm still alive use otc meds got tired as hell of narcotic crap quit takin the chemical cocktails the Dr prescribed. All that crap does is keep ya on a roller coaster and make ya old before ur time not to mention the laundry list of side effects. Quit takin BP meds too I cut gluten and processed foods mostly outta my diet now I don't know how much weight I've lost 25 30 still losin and my BP is 120/80 114/74 123/83 was over 160 on top and over 90 on bottom.
You got tinitis too? I've had that for years. A very high pitched tone that is constant. Seems to get louder in a dead quiet room. Sometimes makes it hard for me to fall asleep.

I hear ya. I'm not one to take pain meds unless I absolutely need 'em to maintain my sanity. I hate the drugged feeling, although I've been known to hit a doobie once in a while, but that's all I partake of. A daily 500mg Naproxen Sodium helps with my rheumetoid arthritis stinging. Feels like burning or little needles sticking my finger joints, knuckles and wrists.

The drug "side effects" listings are indeed quite lengthy on prescribed medicines. By law, doctors are required to report any side effects a patient experiences while taking a drug. Trouble is, we are not told what other drugs and/or treatments that particular patients are actively being seen for, that may well contribute to that side effect. As a result, there becomes a longer and longer "laundry list" of possible side effects attached to that drug and it often scares the bejesus out of people. I quit reading them for that reason.

Are you or have you been taking Lipitor to control cholesterol? If so, pitch it in the back of a drawer or the nearest trash can. Several of my local friends have been experiencing the severe tightening of leg muscles and difficulties in being able to walk. Some resorted to using a cane. I told them to skip Lipitor for a week or so and see how they feel. They took my advice and are all walking normally again.

I'm really hating to get a full physical, but I need one. I've been noticing an oftentimes shakey and slight dizziness the past few months. I'm thinking it is a low blood sugar problem. I started carrying peppermint candy with me. When I get the shakey, dizzy or nauseated feeling, I drop a piece of candy in my mouth and in a couple of minutes, I'm fine.

Other than the arthritis and blood sugar problem, I'm in fairly poor health. Overweight and somewhat weaker than I've ever been in my life. I hope the young pups read our posts and see that taking care of our bodies is required, if they want to live a better and longer life. Yeah, getting older sucks and a life of body abuse makes it even worse.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #9848
Registered Member
Regular

Totally brother Colorado looks better all the time, osteo arthritis here glad its not RA sorry to hear u got it. Nope no Lipitor my cholesterol was good last year triglycerides were up a bit no biggee and I eat real butter, whole hormone antibiotic free Shatto milk and cream in my coffee etc etc this year I cut gluten and most refined sweeteners out and lost a bunch of weight so I'm wonderin what haps now. Yeah you young guyz take care of da bod once it starts to go its hard to stop
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #9849
Registered Member
Regular

Hoss i've definitely taken notes on how important it is to take care of your body when youre younger. My dads back has gone to crap and it's because he was lifting like an idiot, using his back nor his legs, in the warehouses. He gets pissed because he can't do some of the things he used to anymore because his back will start howling at him. I can only imagine the frustration of not being able to do something you used to do all the time simply because you didn't take care of yourself. I understand there's some things you can't control. But I know when I get older I'll want to have the freedom to do whatever I so choose and not have to worry about beating my body up to do so. Hell you don't even have to exercise. Just stay busy and eat right. I try to exercise more to compensate for my bad eating habits. But I do travel a lot for my job and have no choice but to eat poorly sometimes.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #9850
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Hoss i've definitely taken notes on how important it is to take care of your body when youre younger. My dads back has gone to crap and it's because he was lifting like an idiot, using his back nor his legs, in the warehouses. He gets pissed because he can't do some of the things he used to anymore because his back will start howling at him. I can only imagine the frustration of not being able to do something you used to do all the time simply because you didn't take care of yourself. I understand there's some things you can't control. But I know when I get older I'll want to have the freedom to do whatever I so choose and not have to worry about beating my body up to do so. Hell you don't even have to exercise. Just stay busy and eat right. I try to exercise more to compensate for my bad eating habits. But I do travel a lot for my job and have no choice but to eat poorly sometimes.
My late father's knees were his issue. Walked and stood on concrete mostly, but also climbed steep fuel storage tank ladders as well. When not doing that, he worked on a pipeline repair gang that (with shovels) frequently dug 6 and 8 foot holes around pipeline flanges and valves to repair and treat for corrosion/leaks and the like. Extremely hard work. In later years, he owned a (combined) full-service station, grocery store and used car business. Those required that he spent a lot of time on hard surfaces too. He kept his knees wrapped and was constantly taking medication for pain. I can still smell the Ben-Gay and sports creams he used. Late in the day, he would often stagger and had a hard time staying awake, when the medication would get the best of him. That's why I won't swallow a pill unless I'm sweating from pain. He used to get sooooo mad when he couldn't do everything he wanted. I'm experiencing that now. When I get on my knees, I have to pull myself up. I try to stay active but, I seem to tire rather quickly. I'll be 59 prior to our next meet. Hopefully, I'll still be around. I'm too ornery to die. I too eat poorly. But, it's my choice. I was raised on fried foods and can't seem to wean myself from that. Mom says I'm going to start eating more vegetables and fruit. I'm not really looking forward to that.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #9851
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Totally brother Colorado looks better all the time, osteo arthritis here glad its not RA sorry to hear u got it. Nope no Lipitor my cholesterol was good last year triglycerides were up a bit no biggee and I eat real butter, whole hormone antibiotic free Shatto milk and cream in my coffee etc etc this year I cut gluten and most refined sweeteners out and lost a bunch of weight so I'm wonderin what haps now. Yeah you young guyz take care of da bod once it starts to go its hard to stop
Rheumatoid arthritis comes from Mom's side of our family. Her grandpa (back in the 1800's) had it in his hands and shoulders. All of Mom's brothers and sisters had/have the swollen joints, inflamed joint tissue and twisted fingers. Those deformities not only suck, THEY BLOW! Mom's joint swelling, bone spurs and finger twisting growth has fully progressed and she no longer lives with pain. I look forward to that time. Rheumatoid may not be proven hereditary, but there's certainly a gene that has been passed down somewhere. Glad I have no youngins. They'd be cussin' me by now.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #9852
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Damn yall be typing books! Lmao
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #9853
Registered Member
Regular

Just old farts talkin bout aches n pains er yup a couple few books ah hahaha
Old 09-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #9854
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just old farts talkin bout aches n pains er yup a couple few books ah hahaha
Healthcare is one of the most talked about subjects nowadays. Never a day goes by, I don't overhear someone talking about their doctor visits, aches, pains, hospital billing snafus, meds, etc...

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

146 more posts and we break 10,000.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #9855
Registered Member
Regular

I have patients with these problems everyday. Sucks to see the effects of some of them and hear their stories of the old days and how their health has ruined their livelihood.

2013 GT/CS
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #9856
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks foe sayin so T.
Hey guyz whats up with this it's a double cobra!! With hood pins even!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_120930.png
Views:	111
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	130620
Old 09-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #9857
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Thanks foe sayin so T.
That reminds me of that "saleen" lol
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #9858
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks foe sayin so T.

Attachment 130620
Good thing they're not intertwined. We'd have to censor the pic.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #9859
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Cops keep profiling my car 6th stop in 2 months!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
Good thing they're not intertwined. We'd have to censure the pic.
thats such an ugly car he doesn't take care of it
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #9860
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post
Cops keep profiling my car 6th stop in 2 months!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

thats such an ugly car he doesn't take care of it
My local cops don't bother me at all. My car is certainly flashy enough to be noticed, but they just ignore me and my rumbling exhaust. Been driving around without a front plate since May and never been called on it.

Yeah, the red Cobra isn't respected at all. She needs a makeover.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #9861
Registered Member
Regular

Hoss what kind of exhaust do you have
Old 09-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #9862
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hoss what kind of exhaust do you have
Heartthrob Flowpack axle backs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00007.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	130660  
Old 09-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #9863
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Heartthrob Flowpack axle backs.
Dem tips bro!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #9864
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Dem tips bro!
+1
Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #9865
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
Dem tips bro!
Quote:
+1
I like the way they are cut at an angle to match the curvature of the fascia. The only thing I don't like about 'em is, they have been whacked with a cutoff saw and not deburred. Damned things are sharp. I'll smooth 'em up tomorrow, now that I added them to my list of chores.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #9866
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

I like the way they are cut at an angle to match the curvature of the fascia. The only thing I don't like about 'em is, they have been whacked with a cutoff saw and not deburred. Damned things are sharp. I'll smooth 'em up tomorrow, now that I added them to my list of chores.
I love the way they look!!!!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #9867
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome To The New Site! - The Great American Pony Drive
Hey guys if you go to this site, click on 2014 Celebration, then Route map if you are wanting to run with some fellow Strangers.
calebstang74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #9868
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
So, about a week ago I got **** faced and took a piss in a beer bottle. A few mornings later, this fly kept landing on me, and buzzing, and waking me up.

I cannot describe the rage I had for this ****ing fly.

So then the next day, I go to empty the (now molding) urine down the toilet. And I noticed that the fly had drowned in my molding piss.

Then I happily pissed on the fly who already drowned in piss, to humiliate the bastard more.

****ing fly got what he deserved.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #9869
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker View Post
So, about a week ago I got **** faced and took a piss in a beer bottle. A few mornings later, this fly kept landing on me, and buzzing, and waking me up.

I cannot describe the rage I had for this ****ing fly.

So then the next day, I go to empty the (now molding) urine down the toilet. And I noticed that the fly had drowned in my molding piss.

Then I happily pissed on the fly who already drowned in piss, to humiliate the bastard more.

****ing fly got what he deserved.
Haha cranker this right here made my day.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #9870
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstang74 View Post
Welcome To The New Site! - The Great American Pony Drive
Hey guys if you go to this site, click on 2014 Celebration, then Route map if you are wanting to run with some fellow Strangers.
I'm not willing to drive that far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar