Radar detector - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Radar detector

So got a speeding ticket today. Was only going 6 over, but driving a red gt i feel like there is automatically a target on my back. Def want to buy a radar detector asap. Anyone have any good suggestions. Walmart has cobra brand, are these a reputable brand?
GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i've used cobra to valentine..and all it's ever told me is when they know i was speeding..which btw having a dectector made me speed more thinking i could beat the system...so what do i do now...i drive like a normal person without a detector...seems i don't speed so much when i have no clue who's out there

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i've used cobra to valentine..and all it's ever told me is when they know i was speeding..which btw having a dectector made me speed more thinking i could beat the system...so what do i do now...i drive like a normal person without a detector...seems i don't speed so much when i have no clue who's out there
+1, used to have a radar detector for a few years, I sped more because of it, got 3 speeding tickets with my detector, haven't had one now in over a year, and no tickets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean 1809 View Post
So got a speeding ticket today. Was only going 6 over, but driving a red gt i feel like there is automatically a target on my back. Def want to buy a radar detector asap. Anyone have any good suggestions. Walmart has cobra brand, are these a reputable brand?
The best by far Radar Detector ever made is not being the fastest person on the road. I always let people that seem to want to go faster then me pass, depending on how fast they are going I might speed up as well but I never try to catch them or do the same speed as them. This will cause the cops to see them first and they get the ticket and I just beep as I go by. A radar detector only tells you that you have just been hit with it. This has kept me ticket free for a long time.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Just drive with the flow of traffic. My tickets are all from when I was 17 and dumb. Now that I'm a little older. It's much more interesting seeing some one driving a nice car relaxed than ripping it. Than you just look like a jerk.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
As for the op I agree with all the comments, but a good one is Cobra. I run it usually if I feel the mood to drive 5-10 over because then if they hit you and you slow down sometimes there a little more leaneant
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar